Jarhead

roundshort

Go see Jarhead,
This is the best war movie ever, ever made. I feel it actually captures what Marines (and I guess all soliders) actually go through. Witht he exception of 1 or 2 scenes, I think this was pretty true to life. I never thought a movie would be better than Full Metal Jacket, but it is, and it is OUR generation, not a viet. flick etc.

THE REAL BEST GENERATION!
Generation X, "we will do it, well when we get around to it, maybe, actually can you do it for me?"

indifan101

I saw Good Night and Good Luck and to be honest, this movie bored me a little! I mean the history sense in it was great but it just didn't catch my interest very well! It's really like a Krubrick film. Black and White, titles and words on the screen during some scenes, dark sense of reality and of course your "communist theme". But thats what made the movie great I guess.

Pale Horse

Staff member
roundshort said:
Go see Jarhead,
This is the best war movie ever, ever made. I feel it actually captures what Marines (and I guess all soliders) actually go through. Witht he exception of 1 or 2 scenes, I think this was pretty true to life. I never thought a movie would be better than Full Metal Jacket, but it is, and it is OUR generation, not a viet. flick etc.

THE REAL BEST GENERATION!
Generation X, "we will do it, well when we get around to it, maybe, actually can you do it for me?"

Having not seen it yet, how does it compare to Blackhawk Down, or Tears of the Sun? I am always down for a true portrayal of war.

roundshort

Jarhead is the truest you can get, Blackhawk down had way too much Hollywood, and I never saw Tears of the Sun, (I am really not into flicks about any branch of the service expect the Marines, as that is what I know, and love). Jarhead shows the truest example of what a real Marine is,not some John Wayne/Rambo bull, they talk like Marines, walk like 'em, etc . . . For anyone who has not served, this is really what the miltary is like, for anyone who has, sit back and have a few laughs!

So, I finally had time enough on my hands and opportunity to watch this film.

First impression... It was an interesting revisiting, a retelling of "Waiting For Godot"... It is some very well written satire.

2nd impression... what a wonderful indictment of all things military..... The futility... The waste...

And people say that existential entertainment is dead? HA!

Joe Brody

ClintonHammond said:
So, I finally had time enough on my hands and opportunity to watch this film.

First impression... It was an interesting revisiting, a retelling of "Waiting For Godot"... It is some very well written satire.

2nd impression... what a wonderful indictment of all things military..... The futility... The waste...

And people say that existential entertainment is dead? HA!

What's this? Missing roundshort, CH?