Indy 5 Villain?

Sakis

TR.N Staff Member
ListenLiveLong said:
I think that IJ 5 should have Nazis. I've noticed a trend in the IJ movies, one with Nazis, the next one without, and that I'd like for it to continue following that pattern.

Sorry but I totally disagree. IF another movie gets made it shouldn't clone nazis (its been done twice) or family matters (also done twice). Just an original adventure like Temple of Doom with a global chase not restrained in a place like Pankot Palace. OMHO.

Spurlock

ListenLiveLong said:
I think that IJ 5 should have Nazis. I've noticed a trend in the IJ movies, one with Nazis, the next one without, and that I'd like for it to continue following that pattern.

When I was thinking of actually writing a fan film, a came across a very interesting idea for a villain. Brother of Belloq, coming out of hiding in Argentina with a deep hatred of Indy for letting his brother die, he seeks an artifact to a new source of revived nazi power. Indy gets involved when Belloq #2 sends men to kill Indiana so he doesn't interfere, and Indiana follows clues on his men to find him.

It wouldn't purely be nazis, but it'd be close.

I also have plenty of villain ideas, but they are mainly being used as part of my Indiana-related stories.

DaFedora

some 'shaman' in disguise?

Just thinking about it... how about making Indy's next villain a dangerous shaman who has a distinctive power to 'force' out bones and the inner body through skin (killing people by "pressurizing" their blood and muscles until some of their veins burst and they collapse - okay VERY graphical and gore-y indeed but so are melting nazis?), and that via a supernatural McGuffin like old Mola with the sankara stones.

I'd absolutely love this villain then to be playing tricks on Jones, planting false leads with dangerous turnarounds. It would of course be somewhat corny but what if the villain was also a master in disguise and uses a believable mask (of actual human flesh sticking on via some kind of 'supernatural' adhering substance, which glows when tampered with?) and voice deformer - appearing to Indy as a faithful and unsuspecting helping hand who only unveils his true identity at the perfect time of revenge and treasure-grab (y) .

Why not... some Korean person (so there could be a Cold War runner-up to the Korean War in there aha!) and they land in Cambodia, hussling with the deadly Khmer Rouge. :gun:

At any rate, Javier Bardem to play this mischievous, chilling dude with a truly fake (corpse's) face.

I mean, didn't you guys get spine chills with that scene in Skyfall where he removes that jawbone prothesis :sick:

Jonesy9906753

I think Benicio Del Toro would make for an awesome Indiana Jones villain

GQ_EvilInstinctsBenicioDelToroprint12.jpg

:dead:

Attila the Professor

Staff member
Moved Jonesy9906753's post to a more suitable thread. This one here is mostly about actors and character types who might be suitable villains in Indy V (e.g. Belloq, a shadowy industrialist, Cate Blanchett); this thread should be about suitable group villains (Nazis, Thuggees, etc.).

Kai Hagen

lancasterjames said:
I was disappointed in the fourth one that they didn't bring the Nazis back. Now, one can easily say it's the '50s, so the Nazis are past. But the ironic thing is, the movie went to the very place where ex-Nazis were hiding, South America! They could do some sort of Boys from Brazil thing, or have the Nazis trying to have a come-back. I hate to say go back to South America, but... Go back to South America and fight resurgent Nazis!
I remember the futuristic plane prototype in RotLA. This time, the fifth one can have the Nazi stuff that didn't appear in the earlier series.

DoomsdayFAN

As for the new villain, I really hope it's a man completely devoid of any humor or lightness at all. Hopefully it's someone that can be made to be incredibly intimidating.

Btw, Blanchet was a terrible villain. :mad:

Lao_Che

Since Jijinke filled the Pat Roach role it would be nice if he came back anyway but Spalko had concept art with a half eaten face so... bring back Dovchenko with that?