Which film is KOTCS most like to you?

Which film did KOTCS remind you of the most?

• Raiders of the Lost Ark

Votes: 3 5.3%
  • Indiana Jones and the Temple of Doom

Votes: 18 31.6%
  • Indiana Jones and the Last Crusade

Votes: 36 63.2%

• Total voters

oki9Sedo

Obviously it is its own unique, individual film just as the other three were, but which one is it most like do you think? Which one did it remind you of the most?

Dr.Sartorius

Well I'd say the first half of the movie is like Raiders and the second is like Last Crusade.

The more silly/campy scenes remind me of Temple of Doom, like the quicksand scene, monkeys, giant ants, waterfalls, etc.

jamiestarr

I think that Crystal Skull is most like The Last Crusade. Part of what I loved about Indy IV was seeing the father/son motif switched around.

I have said this before, but I think that Raiders, Crusade, and Crystall Skull flow together the best. I think all 3 strike a similar chord and that Temple (which I love) is kind of the Rocky 4 of the series. Meaning, Temple is most unlike the others.

Last edited:

Niteshade007

In terms of overall plot structure, I'd have to say Temple, since they find the macguffin early in the film, but in terms of tone I'd have to say Last Crusade.

Agent Z

In terms of tone, the first half is very much like Raiders.

The second half is like Last Crusade, with small bursts of Lego Indy thrown in for good measure...

Benraianajones

I'd say more like Last Crusade, in the sense, despite finding the Macguffin quite early, they still have to go a long way until they find the chamber at the end to replace the Skull, and Crusade has the Grail chamber at the end. Both the grail and skull are pretty much useless unless in their required "resting" places. In TOD they don't really have go go thru a big adventure over various locations, they spend most of their time in the Palace and its mines.

As for the feeling over the overall film I'd say Temple of Doom, because it is rather cartoony like TOD.

No Ticket

Well I don't know which of the other Indy films it's most like... because it's pretty different than all of them, but I'm pretty sure the ants were a lot in "tone" with The Mummy.

TheMutt92

Overall, its like Crusade. The first half is more like Raiders, with rest filled with bits of Temple. But it really is its own film.

Can't wait for the DVD! (y)

Zorg

My first reaction after seeing KOTCS for the first time was that it felt like a cross between TOD and LC. The second? More like TOD. And the third... well, I'm waiting for that DVD. :whip:

The_Raiders

Zorg said:
My first reaction after seeing KOTCS for the first time was that it felt like a cross between TOD and LC. The second? More like TOD. And the third... well, I'm waiting for that DVD. :whip:

I have to agree. It did remind me mostly of LC, but also TOD, there were afew ROTLA moments also, but I tihnk this movie is too unique to compare with the otheres.

Forbidden Eye

In terms of tone, it's most like LC because they're not as dark as the first two.

In terms of story-structure, it's most like TOD as they both break out of the Raiders formula.