God would have given us wings.

Coronado

herr gruber said:
Is anybody here afraid of flying? Everytime I go near an aeroplane I start to sweat, tremble and am prone to flatulence. The only time I would feel safe is if Charlton Heston were in the cockpit. Turbulence is the thing that shakes me up, literally. Perhaps the question shouldn't be 'Are you afraid of flying', rather, 'Are you afraid of crashing?'

:dead: :eek:

I love flying! Being above the clouds is one of my most favourite things. Sometimes I even cry because I'm so happy (yeah weird I know)!

I empathise though, herr gruber (except maybe about the flatulence). We all have our fears!

-Coronado

Coronado

Indy Pendant said:
I always manage to fall asleep when the pilot announces that we're starting our descent; that'll be a problem if I ever fly to Europe again.

That happens a lot - it's the compression change, it actually puts you to sleep. I much prefer that to the searing pain I sometimes get in my ears!

-Coronado

indyswk

Jonesy9906753 said:
i would never fly a plane if indy was in control of it,because he cannot land
:D

In ToD, he didn't know how to fly; but by LC he took flying lessons, just short of landing. Most likely he'd have known how to takeoff & land and probably do loop-to-loops by CS.

Anyways, I'm fortunate enough to fly virtually every year, but from where I'm from, the monsoon seasons are especially wet, and thunderstorms can come and go every now and then out of nowhere, making flights delay or just taking off quickly before getting caught in it. And it gets a bit hairy flying through REALLY wet weather, you sometimes wonder how the engines are able to take in so much water without flaming out.... but thanks to these wonderful engineers, they work fine!

As with most people on here, I'm comfortable with air travel, but it's the airports and transits that is the worst part of air travel.