View Single Post
Old 11-02-2017, 05:26 PM   #9
Raiders112390
IndyFan

Quote:
Originally Posted by Stoo
Film history is a passion of mine so there’s no need for the lesson.

Anyway, you’re entirely missing the point. You say that the 1930s were the “birth of cinema” when it was actually 1895 with the Lumière brothers (in Paris, mind you, not Pittsburgh ) where multiple people saw the same film at the same time. This is a universally known fact. Infancy before birth? A baby has to be born before it’s an infant, dude.

Plus, if you’re going to quote Wikipedia, then it’s wise to give acknowledgement rather than passing the words off as your own.

Indeed but, unfortunately, Raiders112390’s scope of the 20th century never extends beyond U.S. borders.

I said the 1910s were when cinema was in its infancy:
"The 1910s, before WWI, seem like a totally different world. Cars were relatively new. Flight was utterly new. There was no such thing as commercial flight. Cinema was still in its infancy. The world of the 1910s seems a much larger place than it does in the 1930s, and as such, more intriguing."

Cinema as you note was invented in 1895. But it was still in its infancy in the 1910s. It wasn't the big machine that it had already become by the 1930s. That was all my comment was meant to convey. It was simply meant to further my sentiment that the world seemed like a bigger place in the first decade of the 20th century. My point is that the 1900-1913 era is to me a fascinating mix of the Old World and the birth of the Modern world and as such would make for an interesting time to explore in adventure films.

Actually I know quite a bit about 20th century history beyond America's borders. The Edwardian era is interesting to me all over the planet. Hence the thread.
Raiders112390 is offline   Reply With Quote