Yet another random video thread

Pale Horse

Staff member
The action here especially the first person POV perspective in the cinematography is just crap. They're trying to recreate some sort of video game experience and it falls short. The best thing about Atomic blonde, was that it's action was. While I'm intrigued by this film I do not think it will even come close to the successes that Atomic blonde had and you can quote me on that cuz that's the bottom line.

Le Saboteur

Pale Horse said:
The action here especially the first person POV perspective in the cinematography is just crap. They're trying to recreate some sort of video game experience and it falls short. The best thing about Atomic blonde, was that it's action was. While I'm intrigued by this film I do not think it will even come close to the successes that Atomic blonde had and you can quote me on that cuz that's the bottom line.

I'm so confused. The Millenials tell me that video games are trying too hard to be like movies, and you're saying that movies are trying to be like video games. Which is it? It's so confusing.

-Ddiun.gif

Pale Horse

Staff member
Le Saboteur said:
The Millenials tell me that video games are trying too hard to be like movies, and you're saying that movies are trying to be like video games. Which is it? It's so confusing.

Thank God I'm not a Millennial. And a film student.

Finn

Staff member
Le Saboteur said:
I'm so confused. The Millenials tell me that video games are trying too hard to be like movies, and you're saying that movies are trying to be like video games. Which is it? It's so confusing.
Luckily, we have plenty of movies that don't try to be video games and plenty of video games that don't try to movies, so we don't really have to care about those few that are confused about what they're supposed to be.

And, oh, here's a random video too:

Because everybody likes cats.

Le Saboteur

Live-action adaptations of manga don't always come together well. Put Takashi Miike behind the lens and I am suddenly intrigued. This is going to be nuts.

Not surprised they took the manji off the yukata.

Le Saboteur

Has Ibn Arabi ever appeared in a Western production? I have to assume no.

Another clip here. Netflix is a boon for being able to check out international teevee productions.

Skill.

Le Saboteur

The Bengali Indiana Jones is coming to theatres soon!

It's... like Fitzcaraldo meets Anaconda crossed with a touch of The Mummy!

Pale Horse

Staff member
Le Saboteur said:

Who's their dry cleaner and how do they keep them shirts so white during the film?

Stoo

Le Saboteur said:
Right up my alley...and it has an ELECTRIC EEL!!! Thanks for the heads-up. (y)

Pale Horse said:
Who's their dry cleaner and how do they keep them shirts so white during the film?
Bwa-ha! :D They must be using Odorono.

pete_townshend_the_who_sell_out_advertisement_odorono.jpg