Dr. Gonzo

Montana Smith said:
And your favourite Batmobile?

Batjam.jpg

The two up front... everything else is :sick:

Violet

Moderator Emeritus
Kevin Conroy's my fave. :p

But in terms of film actors, I like Michael Keaton. He has the right tortured quality to Bruce and even the occasional dry one liner. He also has great chemistry with Michael Gough (Alfred).

And the worst definitely goes to Clooney. Even West had more of a serious side in the campy (but fun to watch) 60s series.

Montana Smith

Violet said:
Kevin Conroy's my fave. :p

But in terms of film actors, I like Michael Keaton. He has the right tortured quality to Bruce and even the occasional dry one liner. He also has great chemistry with Michael Gough (Alfred).

And the worst definitely goes to Clooney. Even West had more of a serious side in the campy (but fun to watch) 60s series.

And Val Kilmer?

It's very odd, but over on Sideshow Freaks there's a thread titled Who actually liked '95 Batman Forever?

It got a surprising amount of support!

The link isn't working right now as SSF os down.

Goonie

Montana Smith said:
And your favourite Batmobile?

Batjam.jpg

The only one I saw in real life, at the car museum in Reno, is the Adam West batmobile. In that lineup, I like the first and the last, with an honorable mention to Tim Burton's first. The Kilmer and Clooney Batmobiles look ridiculous with those big fins.

When I saw the Adam West batmobile, really wanted to take it for a drive around a few blocks in downtown Reno. It's pimpin'.(y)

kongisking

Dr. Gonzo said:
"Oh and uhhh... give Knox a grant."

I'll one-up you.

"Will you be wanting the Batpod, sir?"

"In the middle of the day, Alfred? Not very subtle."

"The Lamborghini, then? Much more subtle..."

Ah, Michael Caine, you witty bastard...:D

Montana Smith

Luisiana Jones said:
While being a big fan of the Keaton Batman i have to go with Bale, he's just, i dunno, even more Batman for me :D

Regards,

LJ

I think maybe because we see the Bale version as a more fleshed-out Bruce Wayne. The scenes in which he's finding his identity, then training with Ra's al Ghul add a lot to this interpretation.

The Keaton version is a little fake, since the first movie is overshadowed by the death of The Joker. That can't happen, so it moves the entire story into a what-if fantasy. And that's in spite of Nicholson's blistering perfomance as the crazy clown.

Montana Smith

I just discovered the short film, Batman: Dead End, which some are saying is the best portrayal of Batman on film.

It's downloadable here: http://www.mmmprod.com/batmanA.html

I can't believe this has passed me by until now!

Wikipedia has this to say:

Batman: Dead End

Release date July 19, 2003

Running time 8 minutes

Batman: Dead End is a fan film made by Sandy Collora that premiered July 19, 2003 at the San Diego Comic-Con, and on the internet shortly thereafter.

Plot

Batman (Clark Bartram) corners an escaped Joker (Andrew Koenig), only to have the villain suddenly dragged off by an Alien. The Alien is, in turn, killed by a Predator, which Batman fights and defeats. Other Predators then appear just as more Aliens emerge from the darkness behind Batman. The film ends abruptly with Batman caught in between the two alien species.

Cast

Clark Bartram as Bruce Wayne/Batman
Andrew Koenig as The Joker
Kurt Carley as the Predator
Jake McKinnon as the Alien
Patrick Oronet, Patrick Magee and Kurt Carley as other Predators

Production

The film was made for a reported $30,000 and filmed in parts of North Hollywood, California, as a stand-in for Gotham City.[1] Collora filmed a similar project, 2004's World's Finest, with much of the same cast and crew.

Reception

Film director and comic book writer Kevin Smith called it "possibly the truest, best Batman movie ever made",[2] and comic book artist Alex Ross praised it as "Batman the way I've always wanted to see him".[3] Collora has stated in interviews that the film was made as a demonstration reel to attract attention to his directing skills, and as such, succeeded in its goal.

Fan Films Quarterly listed Batman: Dead End as one of the 10 most pivotal moments in fan film history in its Summer 2006 issue.

References

1.^ "Finally, a good Batman sequel", US News & World Report August 8, 2003.
2.^ by: JoBlo (2004-01-02). "BATMAN: DEAD END". Joblo.com. Retrieved 2011-01-01.
3.^ "BATMAN: DEAD END". Filmthreat.com. Retrieved 2011-01-01.

1.jpg

2.jpg

3.jpg

4.jpg

5.jpg

6.jpg

7.jpg

Pale Horse

Staff member
Why stop at that cross-over? They should have had Pamela Anderson as Barbwire battle Halle Berry as Catwoman with each vying as the love life of Bruce Wayne. As that sub-plot develops it's revealed that Halle Berry is actually an MI6 Double Agent, working for 007 and her Majesty's Secret Service, to infiltrate the American Vigilate System, who is secretly policing the universe for rogue aliens, and then the MIB would be revealed as the true villian, thus bringing the genre full circle with Tommy Lee Jones coming back from the dead as a Two-Faced MIB villian!

This s*it writes itself! I swear!

Montana Smith

Pale Horse said:
Why stop at that cross-over? They should have had Pamela Anderson as Barbwire battle Halle Berry as Catwoman with each vying as the love life of Bruce Wayne. As that sub-plot develops it's revealed that Halle Berry is actually an MI6 Double Agent, working for 007 and her Majesty's Secret Service, to infiltrate the American Vigilate System, who is secretly policing the universe for rogue aliens, and then the MIB would be revealed as the true villian, thus bringing the genre full circle with Tommy Lee Jones coming back from the dead as a Two-Faced MIB villian!

This s*it writes itself! I swear!

In the land of the cross-over The Batman is king...eventually.

batman-vs-predator2-02-cover.jpg

BatmanAliens.jpg

Archaeos

Michael Keaton in "Batman returns" - the opening shot of the bat-signal shining through the arched library onto Bruce Wayne is simply evoking. Also best character portrayals, the enemies ensemble very logically interwoven in equally-weighted plotlines, great featuring of Gotham City in an atmospherically spot-on way, and still the greatest Batmobil design ever shown.