Indiana Jones Magazine!

Hawkeye

TennesseeKorben said:
C'mon people! Can't you see those "magazines" are photoshop fakes!

How the heck do they look like fakes? If they're fakes, then so is every other magazine on the newsstands.

TennesseeKorben

There may be an Indiana Jones magazine that comes out, but those are not the covers, I'm sorry. If the cover has only the images that have been released so far, that seems a little fishy to me. If you can't look at those covers and see that they are fakes, I'm sorry. I don't care if they do come from Diamond's website. I want an official magazine just as much as you do, but just look at it.

TennesseeKorben

Hammy Skillet said:
Hey, I want to believe this, but I find it more than a little suspicious that:

-The magazine uses the teaser poster?

-They misspelled LaBeouf on the cover?

-Every photo featured is one we've already seen?

-This news has been repeated by no one.

Plus the collage thing looks kinda amateurish. *shrugs*

Someone has some common sense.

Indy fan 235

I'm just glad there is an official magazine like they made for Temple of Doom.

They didn't make one for Last Crusade, did they?

QBComics

Hammy Skillet said:
Hey, I want to believe this, but I find it more than a little suspicious that:

-The magazine uses the teaser poster?

-They misspelled LaBeouf on the cover?

-Every photo featured is one we've already seen?

-This news has been repeated by no one.

Plus the collage thing looks kinda amateurish. *shrugs*

You make a good point there.. I still hope this is real though.

walker

re: "fake" cover

I agree this looks pretty fake. I'm hoping it's real, but if that were the case, I think it would have appeared in the most recent issue of Previews (a pre-release comic industry magazine).

Assuming the magazine is for real, the covers might be fpo, which in the publishing industry means "for position only," i.e. not final cover. My company publishes Comics Buyer's Guide (CBG) and we do fpos all the time, as do other publishers. Particularly when you're soliciting products three or four months prior to the put date.

Keep your fingers crossed, but don't hold your breath!
walker

DaFedora

Fake or not fake (I think it is a well-done fake that SOUNDS - but NOT LOOKS - just too good to be true), it is an established fact that a LOT of printed material will be added to the franchise.

Especially Laurent Bouzereau's book on 'The Making Of' is really on the top of my 'TO BUY' list - along with both YIJC DVD boxes and the 'Lost' Henry Jones Jr. Diary.

But you know, the movies will get a lot of coverage... If you've missed the February issue of Empire magazine, slap yourself in the forehead - it contained a teaser poster of KOTCS.

I'm not sure Titan Magazines will issue a long-running Indy magazine or periodical. I guess It'll probably be a joint Star Wars-Indiana Jones one-time exclusive edition with collectible covers or something.
Lucas is prepping 2 spin-off series of Star Wars, but I don't know if both him and Spielberg see it fit to start with spinoffs so soon... I mean: it looks as if they want to revive the 'classics' again too... Why else put the trailers of Raiders, Temple and Crusade on the site again? Why re-edit the YIJC series and so on...

Bite your nails boys and stay eagle-eyed for any magazine material to come in the next months !
I guess I'll lay off a bit not too be to spoiled by the plots, jokes etc.
After the movie's issued I think I'll do some retrograde reading.

Last edited:

Indy's Fist

Call me a pesemist, but this mag won't last very long. Not as long as SW magazine has that's for sure. I'm sure it will be cancelled after maybe two or three issues. The publisher will claim a lack of sales and interest. Which will probably be true, as Indy has never generated the same kind of devotion as SW has.

Violet

Moderator Emeritus
If this is true... Someone from marketing has been reading my posts again!:eek: I suggested in a post somewhere in the Lit table, that there should be an Indy magazine, or at best, a Lucasfilm one which covers both Indy and SW and all the companies and what they doing with cgi effects in movies and sound design, etc.

Anyway... You know I'll be buying this. ;)

metalinvader

Here are the covers..Thanks to throwmetheidol.com

titan_IJ4magazinecover2.jpg

Not to sure about the lone Mutt cover..but eh..Oh well.

Adamwankenobi

Indy's Fist said:
Call me a pesemist, but this mag won't last very long. Not as long as SW magazine has that's for sure. I'm sure it will be cancelled after maybe two or three issues. The publisher will claim a lack of sales and interest. Which will probably be true, as Indy has never generated the same kind of devotion as SW has.

There was an official YIJC magazine in '92, which was canceled after one issue:

officialmagLG.jpg