Indiana Jones Magazine!

Dr.Sartorius

JayDee said:
They are showing Shia more often than Ford... I have a bad feeling about this..............

I've seen more photos of Indy for this movie than Mutt. And I've seen everything that's been released.

Gobi-1

Indy's Fist said:
Call me a pesemist, but this mag won't last very long. Not as long as SW magazine has that's for sure. I'm sure it will be cancelled after maybe two or three issues. The publisher will claim a lack of sales and interest. Which will probably be true, as Indy has never generated the same kind of devotion as SW has.

I worry about this as well. If this is the last Indy movie why launch a magazine to cover a franchise that is ending? Video games, comics and toys won't be enough to sustain a magazine. There must be a flagship of some kind to keep interest in the franchise.

This is why Lucas is taking Star Wars to television. To create a main focal point for the franchise and keep it going. Without new Indy movies I don't really see how they can keep interest in the Indy franchise from waning.

They should have launched the magazine, comic books and toylines several years ago so they could thrive in the build up to the new movie. At most I think they've got a two year window after the film to market the franchise with new products.

I say enjoy it while it lasts, but hope it lasts awhile. Long enough to get action figure of all the main and supporting characters from all four films at least.

yodazone

Gobi-1 said:
I worry about this as well. If this is the last Indy movie why launch a magazine to cover a franchise that is ending? Video games, comics and toys won't be enough to sustain a magazine. There must be a flagship of some kind to keep interest in the franchise.

This is why Lucas is taking Star Wars to television. To create a main focal point for the franchise and keep it going. Without new Indy movies I don't really see how they can keep interest in the Indy franchise from waning.

They should have launched the magazine, comic books and toylines several years ago so they could thrive in the build up to the new movie. At most I think they've got a two year window after the film to market the franchise with new products.

I say enjoy it while it lasts, but hope it lasts awhile. Long enough to get action figure of all the main and supporting characters from all four films at least.

I think Lucas is taking Star Wars to tv mainly because of the success the New Battlestar Galactica show has had. That show one-ups the prequels in some levels and I think he wants to stay on top of that and conquer that medium. Hopefully it'll be as good as BSG.

Gobi-1

Creatively and artistically I don't think Battlestar Galatica has any influence on Lucas bringing Star Wars to TV. But Battlestar and Stargate SG-1 have proved that large scales sci-fi shows can be done on a reasonalbe budget for television.

Interesting enough Battlestar Galatica is ending this season but they already have a spin-off in the works which helps illustrates my point that franchises need to keep a new product out there to keep the fanbase interested.

And I'm speaking in general casual terms. The hardcore fans will always be ready for new content and stuff to buy. But based on past history I think Indy will only be mass market for a couple of years before it goes back to the limited scope of comic book shops and speciality store dedicated to hardcore fanboys.

Of course I hope they can keep Indy in the public eye as long as possible.

yodazone

The new covers are actually for Issue #2 shipping June 25.

(y) (y) (y)

Check it out:

http://www.tfaw.com/Search?quick_sstring=indiana+jones&_results_sstype_search=

Newstand Issue #2 cover:

Indy2.jpg

Exclusive "Previews" variant issue #2 cover:

Indy2b.jpg

This makes more sense now as to why Mutt is featured more in the second set of covers. It's for issue #2! (and at a lower price too)

I predict Cate Blanchet will be on the cover to issue #3. (y)

The First issue covers still have the iconic Indy!

(y) (y) (y)

Last edited:

AndyLGR

New Regular Indiana Jones Magazine?

On the back of the latest SW comic here in the UK, Titan magazines have an advert for a KOTCS special movie magazine, but they are calling it issue # 1. Is this the start of a bi-monthly mag like Star Wars Insider?

Michael24

It could just be one of those "The Official Guide To The Movie" deals. I have one for TERMINATOR 3 that was just two issues.

bonoferox

While I'd love the idea of a magazine, I'm just not sure how long of a run it would get. I'll still get these issues, though.

Crack that whip

After including the first issue alongside some other stuff I ordered a while back for a late May delivery from the online Indy shop, I went ahead and signed up for a subscription, too. I presume it'll fold after the first six issues, but even getting it for a year should be fun.

Indy fan 235

I'm kind of surprised they are doing this. Any Indy related news I thought they would throw in the latest issue of Star Wars Insider, but a magazine dedicated solely to Indy is pretty cool.

I'll definitely be getting these.

Ignatius Stone

Meh... don't get too excited about this mag... Titan are publishing it, and since they took over the SW Insider, quality has dropped sharply. :(

indyclone25

just a few more days til the magazine comes out

i'll be at my local magazine shop to buy it --- cause i know if i go to borders they won't put it out til friday-----yeah i borders they pretty much suck

Avilos

I am actually interested in a monthly Indiana Jones. I think they have run out of things to say about Star Wars that have not been said a thousand time before.