Tomb Raider on-screen adaptations

Indy's brother

TheLastCrusader said:
Did I say anything about right and wrong?
Is "perv" a neutral word? I didn't take or mean any offense, just trying to be a wise guy. Heck, I can't even tell if you're being serious either. Where's the emoticon for "making a pointless boob joke"?

TheLastCrusader

Indy's brother said:
Is "perv" a neutral word? I didn't take or mean any offense, just trying to be a wise guy. Heck, I can't even tell if you're being serious either. Where's the emoticon for "making a pointless boob joke"?
Most of us are born as pervs, so yea, "perv" leans more towards the neutral kind.

The Man

Curveball casting: how about Rachel Stevens..?

Rachel_Stevens2047.jpg

The Man

Croft or not, Fox still aims to please all horndogs...

It has been swimming in the rumour pool for a while now, but Megan Fox has officially been attached to star in Fathom for Fox Atomic.

Endlessly drawn back to the sea, she grows up to become a champion swimmer and a marine biologist, before realising that she possesses watery powers and is a member of an ocean-dwelling race.

Bikini! Bikini! Bikini!

InVader

Ya know, this is actually one of the few rare occasions in which I enjoyed the sequel more than the first film. It wasn't the best film ever, but I think it was better.

indytim

Alicia Vikander is Lara Croft in the Tomb Raider reboot!

vikander-TR.jpg

Despite previous reports pointing toward Star Wars: The Force Awakens? Daisy Ridley as a potential candidate, The Hollywood Reporter brings word that Academy Award winner Alicia Vikander (The Danish Girl) has signed on to play Lara Croft in the upcoming Tomb Raider reboot.

Norwegian filmmaker Roar Uthaug (The Wave) will direct the film which has a script by Transformers 5 scribe Geneva Robertson-Dworet. Warner Bros. is set to distribute the film with MGM. They will produce the feature with GK Films.

The original Tomb Raider game was published in 1996 by the London-based video game company Eidos and became one of the most successful video games of the time. A reboot of the series, telling the origin of Lara Croft, was released in 2013 and sold over 5 million copies. The most recent game, titled Rise of the Tomb Raider, is available now for the Xbox One, Xbox 360 and PC.

Paramount Pictures previously made two movies about the daredevil archaeologist on a series of global missions. The films, Lara Croft: Tomb Raider and Lara Croft Tomb Raider: The Cradle of Life, starred Angelina Jolie and grossed a combined $432 million at the worldwide box office.

(Photo Credit: FayesVision/WENN.com)

Attila the Professor

Staff member
Have a little respect...

Here's the source on the article posted in its entirety above, save for the critical details of publication (ComingSoon.net) and writer (Spencer Perry).

Duaner

I really love Daisy Ridley and know she has good things in her future, but I did not see Tomb Raider as the right fit for her.

Vikander is the right choice.

indytim

Attila the Professor said:
Here's the source on the article posted in its entirety above, save for the critical details of publication (ComingSoon.net) and writer (Spencer Perry).

Thanks for adding that. I was a bit too hasty publishing the post and completely forgot to add the source/citation! Credit where credit's due!

Attila the Professor

Staff member
indytim said:
Thanks for adding that. I was a bit too hasty publishing the post and completely forgot to add the source/citation! Credit where credit's due!

:hat:

I didn't want to do this originally, to avoid the appearance of piling on, but I've gone ahead and renamed the thread, so it'll clearly be the general thread for this reboot.

indytim

:hat:

I didn't want to do this originally, to avoid the appearance of piling on, but I've gone ahead and renamed the thread, so it'll clearly be the general thread for this reboot.

Understandable when looking at the other posts in 'Films' (i.e. they state the movie title only). Nice to keep in all nice and tidy (y)

Le Saboteur

but I've gone ahead and renamed the thread, so it'll clearly be the general thread for this reboot.

Is another rename in order?

Both Variety and The Hollywood Reporter are indicating that the reboot/remake/whatever has an official release date! The Alicia Vikander-led flick is set to debut stateside on March 18th, 2018.

If they insist on following the direction plotted by the new series then I sincerely hope they spend a *lot* of time working on the script and the story, because both are equally terrible in the 2013 game. So far only the Assassin's Creed flick looks like it'll be able to stand on its own two feet.

Drop your drawers!

TheFedora

Apparently the date for Tomb Raider is same day as the Flash comes out? Doesn't Warner own both of them? If so, one has to move.