Hot Toys Indiana Jones Figure

Billy Ray

Finally got to spend some quality time with my new camera today and got these shots:

IMG_0063.jpg

IMG_0060.jpg

IMG_0061.jpg

IMG_0065.jpg

IMG_0075.jpg

IMG_0078.jpg

IMG_0090.jpg

IMG_0083.jpg

IMG_0081.jpg

Montana Smith

Billy Ray said:
Finally got to spend some quality time with my new camera today and got these shots:

Looking good, Billy.

For the record, I tried zipping the jacket, but gave up. I found it impossibly fiddly holding the zip in place long enough to close the two halves together. :(

Billy Ray

Still can't keep from messing with this figure, but here is my current display:

IMG_0111.jpg

IMG_0110.jpg

IMG_0109.jpg

Still haven't tried zipping up the jacket, like you I am a little leery.

Montana Smith

He still looks good.

But rarely in the photos I take!

Camera flash kills his features and makes him appear strange. Without a proper set up to take pictures it's pot luck, but these came out quite moody:

000_0031.jpg

000_0033.jpg

fenris

It's still the best one out there... Headsculpt is off at times, but the paintjob on the hs makes it look more life-like. If only I could replicate that for my map room SS/HT hybrid...

HT_Indy40.jpg

The SS paintjob is sooooo toy-like compared to HT's.

Montana Smith

fenris said:
The SS paintjob is sooooo toy-like compared to HT's.

So true. When I first had the SS I thought it was the dog's wotsits. However, the SS is currently residing back in his box in the attic.

Hopefully HT will produce a TOD version. A DX would be cool, with two headsculpts and two outfits to make both Club Obi Wan and the battered adventurer.

Montana Smith

Indy's brother said:
I'm sorry, but what is Eli Roth's head doing on an Indiana Jones figure?

It wasn't one of Hot Toys' finest moments.

However, it's still the best off-the-shelf 1/6 Indy. He looks better in hand than most photos can capture, though he is my least favourite Hot Toys figure.

Billy Ray

The only one thing about the HT Indy that ever, truly, bothered me was the holster...wrong shape, wrong color...just wrong all together.

Recently picked up a Steveo Raiders holster and couldn't be happier with it. Only problem was, when I was removing his belt to replace the holster, the belt snapped off right at the buckle! Had to do a little surgery on it, as I only got the holster, not the whole rig, but I think it came out well:

IMG_1951.jpg

Montana Smith

The holster looks great, Billy.

I just stumbled upon Stevo's site by accident, from a link in an unrelated thread on OneSixthWarriors.

What colour is the one you got? Is it the brown or the dark brown?

Apart from the face, the holster was the worst thing about this figure.

Billy Ray

I didn't actually buy it from Steveo, I got it from a SS Freaks member. It is from the "Raiders Rig" though, which is the reddish brown one. He did say he stained it a bit with some vegetable oil to darken it a bit.

NEW%20RAIDERS%20RIGTHUMB.jpg

I'd been meaning to order the whole set for some time now, but just never got around to it. I know Mike Fisher's Indy stuff is pretty nice, but rather pricey. I wasn't sure if Steveo's quality would be as good, but it looks a little more to scale the Mike's IMO. I am more than happy with the holster and will probably wind up ordering the whole rig now.

Montana Smith

I can see it on his site now. The one I saw before was the custom-sized 'WW19 #ADVENTURER WEBLEY STYLE HOLSTER', which he offers in a choice of four colours.

The belt and keeper look much better than Hot Toys'.

My Indy's looking much better now that I keep his head tilted down. Even looking up at his face from a lower angle he seems better. Yet he's still not very photogenic!

000_0478.jpg

000_0469.jpg