How Old Is Mutt?

Stoo

Raiders112390 said:
Mutt is supposed to be 20 or 21 in KOTCS.
There is no way that Mutt was 21 when he started his adventure with Indy. (He would've been 19 or 20 maximum.)

Raiders90

Stoo said:
There is no way that Mutt was 21 when he started his adventure with Indy. (He would've been 19 or 20 maximum.)

Since we're splitting hairs here now, even at 19, Indy did more than "Mutt" ever did. Indy was more of a badass at 19 than Mutt will be at any age.

Mephisto

Raiders112390 said:
He's quite possibly the worst character in the entire franchise's history, perhaps next to Mac. Even Remy was less annoying.

Mac was so annoying. Mac coupled with Ox made the characters in the movie that much worse for me. Other than Mutt swinging with the monkey's and the sword fighting in the ridiculous jungle chase I didn't really mind his scenes. Mac's double, triple, and quadruple crossing was over done. Most of the characters fail due to poor writing however. 19 years to come up with that...

Montana Smith

Mephisto said:
Mac was so annoying. Mac coupled with Ox made the characters in the movie that much worse for me. Other than Mutt swinging with the monkey's and the sword fighting in the ridiculous jungle chase I didn't really mind his scenes. Mac's double, triple, and quadruple crossing was over done. Most of the characters fail due to poor writing however. 19 years to come up with that...

Precisely. It took them the complete lifespan of Mutt to cut some characters out of tissue paper!

Stoo

Raiders112390 said:
Since we're splitting hairs here now, even at 19, Indy did more than "Mutt" ever did. Indy was more of a badass at 19 than Mutt will be at any age.
Splitting hairs?:confused: Considering this is thread about Mutt's age, the detail was worth pointing out. The fact that you wrote he was 21 shows that you didn't bother reading the posts which discuss it (or even bothered to do the math yourself).

Raiders90

Stoo said:
Splitting hairs?:confused: Considering this is thread about Mutt's age, the detail was worth pointing out. The fact that you wrote he was 21 shows that you didn't bother reading the posts which discuss it (or even bothered to do the math yourself).

Or that I just don't keep details about characters I don't care much about in my mind. I could tell you what years Henry Sr and Henry Jr were born (1872 and 1899 respectively) and what year Henry Sr. died (1951), and most of the years of Indy's adventures from the novels and computer games, but I think I've made my general lack of care for Mutt clear. Fact is, I often thought Mutt was conceived during the Banthu Wind sequence in Raiders, which is sometime in 1936. If we go by the magazine that the Nazi spy is holding when Indy gets on the seaplane, it could even be November/December 1936 (and again, we don't know exactly how long the events of Raiders took place over). If Indy's adventure in Raiders spans a few weeks to a month or two, the Banthu Wind sequence could even be in early 1937.

So I guessed 20 and I guess mistakenly said 21 as well. Fact is outside of Ultimate Guides and stuff like that, we'll never know for certain. All these sources contradict themselves on dates and whatnot. If he's born July 1938 then he's 19. I don't know if any of the dates in sources such as the Ultimate Guide come from Lucas himself, or if they're just authorized fan speculation.

Stoo

Raiders112390 said:
Or that I just don't keep details about characters I don't care much about in my mind.
It's not the only thing you don't keep in your mind, Doppelgänger.;)
Raiders112390 said:
but I think I've made my general lack of care for Mutt clear.
On the contrary, if you didn't care for Mutt you wouldn't have created *at least* 6 threads about him.
Raiders112390 said:
Fact is, I often thought Mutt was conceived during the Banthu Wind sequence in Raiders, which is sometime in 1936. If we go by the magazine that the Nazi spy is holding when Indy gets on the seaplane, it could even be November/December 1936 (and again, we don't know exactly how long the events of Raiders took place over). If Indy's adventure in Raiders spans a few weeks to a month or two, the Banthu Wind sequence could even be in early 1937.

So I guessed 20 and I guess mistakenly said 21 as well. Fact is outside of Ultimate Guides and stuff like that, we'll never know for certain. All these sources contradict themselves on dates and whatnot. If he's born July 1938 then he's 19. I don't know if any of the dates in sources such as the Ultimate Guide come from Lucas himself, or if they're just authorized fan speculation.
Using the dialogue in the movie (the diner scene and the back of the truck in the jungle), it's easy to figure out Mutt's approximate age and it's not 21. One doesn't need to rely on the "Ulitmate Guide" to know.