Spear of Destiny

qwerty

Did you draw it yourself?
You should look at some anathomy books to see how you should draw the shoulders and facal characteristics. They are still underdone. This character still needs a lot of work. But you are on the right track.

San Holo

qwerty said:
You should look at some anathomy books to see how you should draw the shoulders and facal characteristics. They are still underdone. This character still needs a lot of work. But you are on the right track.
I totally agree. Maybe you can digitally insert a photo realistic Indy face and hat and quit wastin' our time :rolleyes: :p

VP

Moderator Emeritus
Yeah make the jaw more square.

I still think that you should make the fedora look like the one in RotLA. Like this:

gear_hattu_1.jpg
gear_hattu_2.jpg

http://www.adventurebilthats.com <-- There are a few good pics there. Basically make the crown straight and the front pinch extremely tight.

The other gear could use some work, too. You could add a half-moon buckle to the bottom belt:

gear_vyo_1.jpg

IAdventurer01

VP said:
You could also work a bit on the verb and icon part, it's kinda dark now.
Does it really need that much more lighting? It looks pretty good on my PC, but I guess I can lighten it up a bit.
Finn said:
Make the ... eyes smaller. And remove that anime glint from 'em.
Hmm, now unfortunately he looks possessed in my opinion. Any suggestions? Otherwise I'll probably revert the eyes back to the old style. ("Possession" is my basic reason for that "anime glint.")
qwerty said:
And color.
qwerty said:
You should look at some [anatomy] books to see how you should draw the shoulders and facal characteristics. They are still underdone.
Um... what about the shoulders? If you're referring to their "roundiness", Harrison's shoulders aren't particularly square.

And the face... I can play with his jaw size more, but that's about as good as it will get.
San Holo said:
Maybe you can digitally insert a photo realistic Indy face and hat and quit wastin' our time.
:D Believe me, with all these comments the thought crossed my mind.
VP said:
The other gear could use some work, too. You could add a half-moon buckle to the bottom belt:
Ahh. Very do-able. Easy suggestions like this are very nice. ;)

And just for everyone to keep in mind. My "fix" pictures are far bigger than Indy will be for most of the game, as demonstrated by the full-size screenshot on the previous page.

EDIT: Just making this post longer.

Indycompare.png

(A bunch of Indys!: Mine, Movie, Emperor's Tomb, Fate of Atlantis, respectively.)

One thing I might try to make Indy look older would be the darkening of his skin. In all the other shots he looks... oranger. Think that might work?

Also, has anyone else ever noticed Indy's bag strap is on wrong in FOA? :D)

Last edited:

Finn

Staff member
IAdventurer01 said:
Hmm, now unfortunately he looks possessed in my opinion. Any suggestions? Otherwise I'll probably revert the eyes back to the old style. ("Possession" is my basic reason for that "anime glint.")
Give them a slight glint, but don't resize them, let's see how it works then.

VP

Moderator Emeritus
The bag strap doesn't have a buckle, the jacket doesn't have pockets, the shirt's collar isn't supposed to be on top of the jacket's, the shirt doesn't have buttons, the bag has only one snap and the holster looks weird. Here are some reference pics:

gear_laukku_4.jpg

gear_takki_etu.jpg

gear_takki_2.jpg

Shirt-3.jpg

gear_laukku_1.jpg

gear_kotelo_1.jpg
gear_kotelo_2.jpg
gear_kotelo_4.jpg

IAdventurer01

All right, I changed a whole slew of stuff this time around. I basically did a complete re-color using techniques I could not do back when I did the original. (It was a a good time ago) Also, I can implement changes more easily the way I did this, so I can change back/add much better and more quickly.

IndystbE.png

More suggestions anyone? :D

Finn

Staff member
Well, we shouldn't be looking for an exact replica of Harrison Ford anyway, so I'll have to say that this one starts to look whole lot better. It could almost work, actually.

The one thing you could do is to add more detail to the boots. Or then I must have missed something watching the movies, and Indy's been running around all the time wearing brown wool socks.

VP

Moderator Emeritus
Why does Indy have only one nostril? :D

What's up with those grey cuffs? Make them narrower and the same color as the shirt. The left side of the fedora's crown isn't straight and the bag strap buckle is too high, it should be at the center of the chest. Here's what the shoes are supposed to look like:

gear_kenka_1.jpg
gear_kenka_2.jpg
gear_kenka_3.jpg
gear_kenka_4.jpg

405.jpg

Finn

Staff member
The boots, try turning the shoelaces to crisscross, those look a little too much air cushion shoes to me...

Of course, in the endgame, when the character's about three inches tall on the screen, who gives a damn about the LOD.

IAdventurer01

Perspective Shot!
Quickly loaded the image in-game to see how it looks shrinken.

SODscn_003.png

Eh, I guess it's better. Actually, I think it looks cartoonier now for some reason. :confused: Also, I don't even think you can SEE the shoelaces. :p

VP

Moderator Emeritus
When I talked about the dark control interface I was on a library computer, it looks fine on mine. No need to lighten.

Indy looks a bit stiff and too tall in the new pic, HF is about six feet tall. Make him more relaxed.

IAdventurer01

IrishLuck1980 said:
We need a new game like FoA. But with todays standards.

Heh. Well I hope to deliver. :p
(Not really, it will probably be well below "today's standards" depending on what you mean.)

Anyway, I guess I'll use this opportunity for a very minor progress update. My main PC has been busted for several weeks now, but hopefully a surge of progress will happen as soon as it is fixed.

IAdventurer01

:D I was hoping I could keep this dead a while longer.

Have no fear, I'm still working on it and progress has been made. However, rather than post every little update, I'm saving up for a big one. But as long as you brought it up for the time being, look here to lend me a hand.

TwqPier

Hey Guys,

Any news on this front? I was wondering, does anyone still have the adventure kit I put together six years ago?

Any oldies still here?

Twq