What Indy games do you own?

Indyfan82

Haha- awesome! I've heard tales of that infamous E.T. burial. I've played E.T. for Atari 2600 too- I actually think it's one of the better Atari games I've played personally.:) :cool:

jsarino

The two I have are a demo of Indiana Jones Desktop Adventures (PC), and LEGO Indiana Jones: The Original Adventures (PS3)

61zpmsy6Z%2BL._SX342_.jpg

Indyfan82

I never really got into the Lego Indy games, but I suppose I should give them a try sometime...they look like they could be fun- but I get the feeling it's a bit of a comedy-action-adventure type game. (Not quite outright parody, I don't think- but it's definitely a lighthearted take on the Indiana Jones movies.) Does that sound about accurate for those who have played these games? Do they have any original material in the games that could count towards canon?

micsteam

The Lego games are quite a lot of fun but yes very sarcastic, they pull orchestrations from the movies which give them a certain authenticity, I enjoy them to an extent... they're really for kids. I think the best game out there is Emperor's Tomb, it was made by Lucasarts and it has a lot of the Indyesque' fight moves, gun sounds, all around feel of Indiana Jones from the movies. :hat:

Indyfan82

Okay, that's kind of what I thought then. Thanks for the info. Speaking of Emperor's Tomb, I still need to play through that game on the PC. Sadly, it has been so long since I've regularly played any video games....

Finn

Staff member
micsteam said:
I think the best game out there is Emperor's Tomb, it was made by Lucasarts and it has a lot of the Indyesque' fight moves, gun sounds, all around feel of Indiana Jones from the movies.
ET being considered one of the better Indy games out there really tells us more about the sad state of the man of the hat on this particular medium than strengths of said game.

The combat mechanics are solid - but that's about the only thing the game has going its way. There is no sense of exploration with such tiny levels, and the story is a jumbling mess that even manages to contradict the movie lore. If one is an Indy fan and a completionist, it's a fair experience, I guess, but there are things far more worthy of being played out there - even by using the standards in effect when the game first came out.

The best Indy game by and far is the Fate of Atlantis, so much that I'd be willing to call this a fact rather than subjective opinion. Which happens to make it yet another indicator of the sad state of Indy gaming, since said game is more than two decades old.

mrman7

The good ones

I've got The Last Crusade and Fate of Atlantis (adventure game versions), Desktop Adventures, the SNES game, Emperor's Tomb, Staff of Kings, Infernal Machine and the first Lego game for Wii. Last Crusade and Fate of Atlantis are the ones I play the most. In fact, I only bought Staff of Kings so I could play Fate on my TV. :gun:

IndyGamer

If you own a Wii or Ps2 I say get Staff of Kings. It's the most 'realistic to the movies' Indy game out there.

It's actually quite good. As in, the $50 cost of the Wii and the game are worth it.

micsteam

I bought a PS2 just to play Staff of Kings ..... it was absolutely HORRIBLE !! Game play, visuals, everything stunk !!! The preview trailer, which is on youtube, was fantastic !! But the game never lived up to the projection, Lucas Arts gave up on it !

Indyfan82

This may be discussed elsewhere already (and sorry if that's the case), but I was just thinking that maybe Indy 5 will bring about some new Indiana Jones video games?...... Maybe even rereleases of classics. It would be nice to see, for sure.:) :cool:

micsteam

One can only hope !! The game graphics today are on par with actual movies and I'm hoping for a game that will live up to what Staff of Kings was projected to be. :hat:

Ender

Well I just bought all the ones on Steam recently so I guess probably all of them? There aren't that many. They were pretty cheap as a bundle. Never played any besides the LEGO games, so this will be a new experience when I get around to them.

contra

I have all home games EXCEPT "Revenge of the Ancients" (on my want list). Also have the pinball machine, the Atari stand-up TEMPLE OF DOOM machine as well as both the German 1/2 cabinet Slot machine and the full-cabinet machine from the UK.

Unless someone knows of something I've missed. If so - please post so I can start hunting! ;)

Pinball and Temple arcade, mad respect. I have almost every home game, but surprisingly I play Temple rom version the most. The game gives me blood pressure (arcade stick is a must), but there's something that keeps me coming back. 'Welcome!".

dire51

Missed this thread when I was here way back when.

My collection currently consists of:

Atari 2600: Raiders of the Lost Ark (1 CIB signed by Howard Scott Warshaw, 2 loose)
NES: Indiana Jones and the Temple of Doom (2 by Mindscape - 1 CIB, 1 loose, 1 by Tengen - loose), The Young Indiana Jones Chronicles (loose)
Super NES: Indiana Jones' Greatest Adventures (loose)
Sega Master System: Indiana Jones and the Last Crusade (CIB)
Sega Genesis: Indiana Jones and the Last Crusade (missing manual), Instruments of Chaos starring Young Indiana Jones (CIB)
PlayStation 2: Indiana Jones and the Emperor's Tomb (CIB), Lego Indiana Jones: The Original Adventures (CIB), Indiana Jones and the Staff of Kings (CIB)
Xbox: Indiana Jones and the Emperor's Tomb (CIB)
Xbox 360: Lego Indiana Jones: The Original Adventures (CIB), Lego Indiana Jones 2: The Adventure Continues (CIB)
Wii: Lego Indiana Jones: The Original Adventures (CIB), Lego Indiana Jones 2: The Adventure Continues (CIB), Indiana Jones and the Staff of Kings (CIB)

My Holy Grail is the Temple of Doom arcade game, but I don't see that happening anytime... at all, really.

IndyLipton

I own:

Steam: Indiana Jones and the Last Crusade, Indiana Jones and the Fate of Atlantis, Indiana Jones and the Infernal Machine, Indiana Jones and the Emperor’s Tomb, LEGO Indiana Jones: The Original Adventures, LEGO Indiana Jones 2: The Adventure Continues.

And that’s about it :hat:

I've got Emperor's Tomb and Lego Indy, both for PS2. Once upon a time I had Staff of Kings and Lego Indy 2 for Wii, but I lent them out and never got them back.

Steam: Fate of Atlantis, Infernal Machine, Emperor´s Tomb,
GoG: Last Crusade (Graphic Adventure)
PC (CD´s) : Last Crusade, Lego Indiana Jones 2; Emperor´s Tomb, Infernal Machine
PS2: Lego Indiana Jones 1, Emperor´s Tomb; Staff of Kings