Alexander the Great's Crook and Flail

The Sword of the Gnostics

Emperor Chin's tomb

Noah's Ark

Crop circle phenonema

The Garden of Eden

The cross of Jesus

The Buddha's Cremation Relics

to name a few. Some of these have already been mentioned in previous threads by others.

arkfinder

One thing that is clear Lucas has never stayed on the same subject with Indiana Jones. He finds the Ark then moves on. He found the rocks then moved on, He found the Holy grail then moved on. He found the Crytsal skull then moved on.

It will be a fresh story which is part of the appeal that Indy has.

I myself am pulling for Excalaber.

Indy's brother

The fountain of youth. Using some cgi, they could digitally insert young Ford as Indy in the final battle, using outtake footage from previous installments. Fighting in the fountain, young indy. Fighting outside of the fountain, old Indy. Also, He could lose an eye earlier in the movie (eye patches are cool) per YIJC, and have it rejuvenated by the fountain. This way, It could still work as a prequel, and Mac could return for a more meaty role. I know that the fountain is not an artifact, but perhaps the quest for another object could ultimately lead him to it... Lucas, Spielberg, PM me, I've got much more in my progressing fan script.

weaponx24

What about Indiana Jones and the Sword of Destruction...where the search is on for the sword of Achillies. Its a race between Indy, Sallah, and Mutt against the evil Russians to hunt down and find the sword that as mysterious and limitless power. I mean you could go all kinds of directions with that. If not that, then I would REALLY like to see them use the Staff of Moses idea. I mean that thing pretty much was a stick of destruction...if it falls into the wrong hands, then everyone is doomed. That seems to work the best for the next Indy movie. They need to create a race against evil for an object that will bring certain doom to civilization as we know it...

Indy's brother

I think I'm going to write a short piece about Indy crossing paths with the Necromantic Bell of Girardius. It's a bell that summons the dead. Indy vs. Zombies! My favorite two things combined.

Hawkeye

Insomniac said:
No offense but anyone can find the Tibetan Book of the Dead you can check it out at your local library!:hat:

I can see the marquee now: "Indiana Jones and the Trip to the Library". It'll be the best one yet! :p

Indy's brother

It's my understanding that the Tibetian "Book of the Dead" is actually used in funerary ceremonies. Roughly as a eastern equivolent to a post mortem "last rites", guiding the deceased into their next life. It is also some sort of meditative instructional which explains and tutors the reader and the administrator on the 6 Bardos, or levels of consciousness. Calling it the book of the dead is a western take on it. It's real name is the Bardo Thodol, translated as "Liberation Through Hearing".

The Egyptian "Book of the Dead" carries with it similar functions.

The "Necronomicon Ex-Mortis" (Naturon Demonto) "Book of the Dead" however, is chock full of evil powers! Unfortunately, it is a purely fictional item from the Evil Dead movies. An Evil Dead/Indiana Jones crossover film could be fun, but in reality would be a botched mess. Maybe it would be good idea for a graphic novel.

Last edited:

agentsands77

Indy's brother said:
The "Necronomicon Ex-Mortis" (Naturon Demonto) "Book of the Dead" however, is chock full of evil powers! Unfortunately, it is a purely fictional item from the Evil Dead movies. An Evil Dead/Indiana Jones crossover film could be fun, but in reality would be a botched mess. Maybe it would be good idea for a graphic novel.
Well, technically the Necronomicon finds its origin in the writings of H. P. Lovecraft (the Necronomicon of EVIL DEAD was just an homage to Lovecraft). It's actually a pretty interesting object.

A Lovecraft/Indiana Jones crossover would be very doable (and I daresay, pretty appropriate). I'd love to see INDIANA JONES AND THE CALL OF CTHULHU. :D

time-raider

IndyMac said:
Well, I know I'll have a lot of people saying no to this... But Atlantis is the most perfect thing for Indy to go after. From a purely movie making perspective, the action set pieces would be awesome and lavish, thew history of whether its true or not could come into play, Plato was real, therefore giving it context, and most of all, you could figure out what exactly is important about Atlantis.

Now I know that it's already been done in games and such, but you wouldn't have to follow the game, you could do something new, or try a different story element in Atlantis. Heck, maybe even just straight up adapt it. It's a full on awesome idea, and if they wanted something people would see. It's this.

Its a good idea for the next installment but it would most likely compete with brendan fraiser movie "the antedullvian world" the sequel to "journey to the center of the earth". you know?

Indy's brother

My opinion about Atlantis is that if you do it, you have to include the nazi's in some way. Part of the nazi shtick was that aryans were descendants of the Atlanteans. Hitler sent researchers all over the globe trying to prove this. It's just too convenient of a plot twist/device (depending on the angle) to ignore for an Indy adventure.

time-raider

Indy's brother said:
It's just too convenient of a plot twist/device (depending on the angle) to ignore for an Indy adventure.

that's not necessarily true. i think it would be more accurate to say that some big bad with no form limitations would be a key to an Indy adven. Like Communist Russia or Japan. So just about any "Evil" organization could qualify to be the
plot twist/device

Dark Horse

I like the Devil raising idea. Indiana Jones and the Prince of Darkness.

That could have Nazis, zombies, demons - the lot!