General Indy 5 Thread - rumors and possibilities

Honestly...will there be another Indy film in the next decade?

• Total voters

Arab Swordsman

Skipper said:
Well, what about Sean Patrick Flannery? And what about the guy what gave the fedora to Indy in "The Last Crusade"?

Geez...Larry Literal. I'm sure Spalko meant "wear the fedora" as a figure of speech to mean being the lead in an Indiana Jones or Indiana Jones offshoot type film.

Adamwankenobi

Agent Spalko said:
I don't care, Shia ain't the star of Indiana Jones.

But any further movies won't be Indiana Jones movies, they'll be Mutt Williams movies.

I look at it as similar to the situation with Iron Man. Just because Robert Downey Jr. will make a cameo as Tony Stark in The Incredible Hulk, doesn't mean it's another Iron Man movie.

Skipper

I certainly would welcome a new movie, but I doubt it will happen. And it kind of bugs me that Lucas is talking about this to reporters before Indy 4 even opens. Now the media is going to be obsessed with "Indy 5" instead of the focus being solely on "Indy 4."

Adamwankenobi said:
But any further movies won't be Indiana Jones movies, they'll be Mutt Williams movies.

I look at it as similar to the situation with Iron Man. Just because Robert Downey Jr. will make a cameo as Tony Stark in The Incredible Hulk, doesn't mean it's another Iron Man movie.

And that's why I won't be going to see them. Indy just died for me. They might as well have killed him off in Indy 4. :gun: :dead:

Skipper

Arab Swordsman said:
Geez...Larry Literal. I'm sure Spalko meant "wear the fedora" as a figure of speech to mean being the lead in an Indiana Jones or Indiana Jones offshoot type film.
OK, Phil Phigurative. :)

gallandro

Really, Agent Spalko, maybe you just need to move on to something else. You obviously hate Lucas and anything associated with him... you're obviously NOT going to like Indy's new adventure.

Save yourself the $8-10 dollars for your ticket, $5-9 dollars for drink and popcorn, and the gas money to get to a theater and go see Iron Man or something.

Yancy

Indy4fan

What the *************** ************* $#&*#$*)@&@_& @_$$^*)$^_*$^ _*@^@_ @&_!+% Lucas!!!!!!!???? SHIA AS LEAD? NOOO!:sick: :dead: :( :mad: (n)

oki9Sedo

I'm very much on the fence here. This DOES have the potential to work. I'm not saying it will work, but it could.

It'd be like ignoring and forgetting and replacing Indiana Jones as if he were some old, obsolete model. It'd be showing him complete disrespect.

Not necessarily. Indiana Jones will always be loved and cherished. But as life moves on, new heroes come and old heroes go, but those old heroes are remembered. New era, new hero, new adventures.

Shia Le Boeuf is too annoying to be the new hero

We'll have to wait to see the movie to judge that. They'd be different kind of adventures, presumably, less gung-ho fisticuffs and more ingenuity.

A_True_Believer

Agent Spalko said:
"Mutt Williams: The Adventure Begins" guest starring Harrison Ford. **** that. :sick:

But "Mutt Williams: The Adventure Begins", by itself, I think is okay. That's my whole point.

Edit: @The Man: BWAH HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA!!!!!!! :D

Indy4fan

Agent Spalko said:
Somebody give me a machete and a gun and I will drive to Skywalker Ranch right now and take out Lucas.

"They told me... that you have gone... totally insane."
lol!
"Lucas, have you heard the tragedy of Darth Plagueis the wise?"

Arab Swordsman

Ok...I want to test a crazy theory. I'm guessing that the majority of people against Shia being the lead in any future movies are 30 and over and the people in favor of it are under 30. I'll be 31 this year and having enjoyed the movies as long as I have makes me real nostalgic for the character itself and not having it tainted in any way by being a sidekick. I'm curious to see the ages of the people that agree and disagree with this happening.

This really is going to be an interesting debate about the future of this franchise.

A_True_Believer

Adamwankenobi said:
Marion: "Indy, at that speed, will you be able to pull out in time?"

Indy: I don't know. I'm making this up as I go!

Edit: @Arab Swordsman: I'm 31, and I'm trying to keep an open mind about all this. ;)