Un-expensive Indy Items

merancapeman

I'm curious to know, where can i find the most uncostly leather jacket and fedora hat? Perhaps the khaki shirt and pants he wore? Is there anywhere where i can find these items very cheap?

ClearNinja2000

As I mentioned in another thread, I found a great fedora at Burlington Coat Factory for about $20.00. I don't think they get much cheaper than that, and it's more than adequate for something like a halloween costume. I was stunned by my luck in finding it -- it's darned close to an Indy fedora, and for cheap.

For a jacket, I just went to Target. They had brown leather bomber jackets on sale for $100.00. I was looking for something faux, but didn't have any luck. And a hundred bucks isn't too bad for a real leather jacket.

ClearNinja2000

Sorry -- both of my suggestions were for actual, "walk in and buy things" type stores. I don't know where online you would find these products -- Burlington Coat Factory's website doesn't have the hat I bought, nor does Target.com have the leather bomber jacket I bought. Sorry I can't be of more help -- I make it a policy not to buy clothes online.

As to the quality of my $20.00 fedora -- I'll be the first to admit that I know nothing about hats. All I know is that my Burlington Coat Factory fedora looks more like an Indiana Jones fedora than any hat I've seen in stores. It seems to be sturdily made, and holds its shape. And it fits my giant head.

Obviously, there's nothing I can do to establish the quality of this hat -- heck, I can't even tell you the brand, as it doesn't seem to have one -- so if you're more comfortable with a $100.00 hat, go to town. But if you have a Burlington Coat Factory near you, it's probably worth checking out.

Venture

In reference to the Federation, Ren, did you have any trouble with international commerce junk? I tried a debit card and a credit card, and both presented humongous difficulties. I finally had to resort to PayPal. An adventure just to get a fedora to go adventuring in!

Venture

I'm still waiting, though the transaction has gone through this time. As to how often I'll wear it, I'll probably wear it in the tub! My wife is resigning herself to the occasional roll of the eyes, but I think she'll catch on. By the by, Ren, it was you who led me to hatsdirect.com, and you have my most heartfelt gratitude. Todah, my good man, todah. (That's "thanks" in Hebrew, to the uninitiated.)

Canyon

Renderking Fisk said:
One word of advice? be careful when wearing your Akubra. You?ll have a tendency to get into dangerous situations, you won?t be able to stop feeling like a gentleman and a scoundrel at the same time and you?ll be pleasantly surprised by the reaction of many ladies.

Oh Fisky, you know us ladies so well... ;)

Canyon

Renderking Fisk said:
And yes? Canyon. I do know you ladies pretty well. I live with one of the best of your gender. [You?re no slouch yourself.]

I get the feeling that you've just paid me a compliment there Fisk. Not 100% sure, as I don't quite know what you mean by the term 'slouch'. An Americanism, perhaps? :D

Pale Horse

Staff member
It means in the looks/attitude department, you're not so bad yourself!

With all due respect Ren, Canyon has demonstrated she has quite a bit to offer, beyond her adoreable aesthetics. ;)

Canyon

apalehorse said:
It means in the looks/attitude department, you're not so bad yourself!

With all due respect Ren, Canyon has demonstrated she has quite a bit to offer, beyond her adoreable aesthetics. ;)

Aww, that's so sweet. I've never ever thought of myself as adorable... :eek:

Renderking Fisk said:
With all due respect Ren...

Which means a lot to this scoundrel.

HAN: You like me because I'm a scoundrel. There aren't enough
scoundrels in your life.
LEIA: I happen to like nice men.
HAN: I'm a nice man.

;)

intergamer

My political machine has cornered the market on Indy hats...bha ha ha.

Ok, Ok, I'll stop with that, actually I have to work on a college essay so adios.