Worst '80s "Raiders" Rip-Off

Worst '80s "Raiders" Rip-Off

• 1986 - The Mines of Kilimanjaro

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • 1987 - Jane and the Lost City

Votes: 0 0.0%

• Total voters

Indyfan82

Of the ones on this list, I've only seen a few. And the ones I have seen, I've enjoyed. "Romancing the Stones" and "The Jewel of the Nile" both seem to draw some influence from Indiana Jones, for sure, but I think they also have enough of their own style as well. I rather enjoyed those movies. I've also seen the Allan Quatermain movies from the '80s- Richard Chamberlain did a great job with those. Yes, they have some pretty ridiculous moments, but I enjoy them anyway. And they have some literary basis, with H. Rider Haggard's "King Solomon's Mines".
I've recently watched the entire "Tales of the Gold Monkey" TV series on DVD and I really fell in love with the show as it progressed! Great series! Yes, I can see some Indy influence, but it definitely has some differences as well. The funny thing is- it reminded me more of Disney's "Talespin" cartoon- which makes sense, since apparently the cartoon was inspired by the live action "Tales of the Gold Monkey" series!
That would be one of the best, in my opinion. It did take a while for me to warm up to the show, but it got better as it went along.
You can read plenty more about Jake Cutter's adventures at www.goldmonkey.com if anyone's interested.
Also, it's a Don Bellisario show- the same guy who created "Airwolf", "Magnum, P.I." and "Quantum Leap"- among others.:) :whip: (all three also favorites for me.)
Speaking of Magnum, P.I., by the way- as fans probably know, Tom Selleck was the first choice for Indiana Jones- but he couldn't do it because of the show. In the last season of the show, there's an episode called "Legend of the Lost Art" that paid homage to this bit of trivia, with Tom Selleck getting to wear an Indy-style fedora and everything.:)
And speaking of Tom Selleck, I recently got one of his first movies on VHS- "High Road to China"- which I hope to finally watch soon. I've heard so many good things about it- mainly from this forum!:) :cool:

Kai Hagen

roundshort said:
Pale, that was a deleted Scene, Indiana Jones the Cunning Ling.... never mind
That scene alone of him sliding down the mudslide and then landing on front of her could've saved that movie.

Stoo

Kai Hagen said:
I'm a fan of Sharon Stone and was excited to learn that she was in King Solomon's Mines.
In the documentary, "Electric Boogaloo: The Wild, Untold Story of Cannon Films" (2014), there is a part about "King Solomon's Mines".

Apparently, the South Africans working on the film HATED Sharon Stone because of her snobby attitude (and Richard Chamberlain, the star of the film, didn't have nice things to say about her either, although he delivered the insults in a friendly fashion).

Indyfan82 said:
I've recently watched the entire "Tales of the Gold Monkey" TV series on DVD and I really fell in love with the show as it progressed! Great series! Yes, I can see some Indy influence, but it definitely has some differences as well. The funny thing is- it reminded me more of Disney's "Talespin" cartoon- which makes sense, since apparently the cartoon was inspired by the live action "Tales of the Gold Monkey" series!
That would be one of the best, in my opinion. It did take a while for me to warm up to the show, but it got better as it went along.
You can read plenty more about Jake Cutter's adventures at www.goldmonkey.com if anyone's interested.
(y) Yeah! A new "Gold Monkey" fan! Here's the main Raven thread about it:

Tales of the Gold Monkey