Rogue One: A Star Wars Story

Dr. Gonzo

AndyLGR said:
Correction, its going to be called ROGUE ONE: A STAR WARS STORY :D
Bwahaha! Indeed :hat:

I wasn't a big fan of the idea of these "other" Star Wars stories at first, but Rogue One in particular seems like the kind of film I could easily get into.
Essentially it seems to be a Star Wars heist film. I can dig that.

AndyLGR

Grizzlor said:
The assembled cast would be astonishing for ANY film, let alone this one. This really is the kind of story which I've enjoyed the most in the EU. It's why the X-Wing/Dark Forces games appealed to me so much.

Dr. Gonzo said:
I wasn't a big fan of the idea of these "other" Star Wars stories at first, but Rogue One in particular seems like the kind of film I could easily get into.
Essentially it seems to be a Star Wars heist film. I can dig that.

Same here, at the moment I'm more intrigued by the spin offs than the sequel trilogy.

Moedred

Administrator
Staff member
More seat-of-the-pants script changes:
It was Christopher McQuarrie, one of the better writers out there, and a guy who has been called on to quietly fix major motion pictures before (most famously: World War Z). According to my sources McQuarrie came in fairly early during shooting and used his Usual Suspects/Mission: Impossible skills to tighten up and fix this heist story set in the Star Wars universe. It's unlikely that McQuarrie will get a credit on the movie, although one source used the word 'saved' when talking about McQuarrie's contribution to the film.
Prediction: The heist fails. A new plan is formed to put R2-D2 on the Death Star to download the plans.

Pale Horse

Staff member
Moedred said:
More seat-of-the-pants script changes:

Prediction: The heist fails. A new plan is formed to put R2-D2 on the Death Star to download the plans.

Christopher McQuarrie, smart choice:

CMcQ said:
"I find this very popular cinematic device of revenge so tiresome, these guys with a score to settle. That's boring. I'm much more interested in somebody who's not at all emotionally invested in doing what he does.

I think those characters are a lot more fun to watch. One of the big things throughout the movie is that you would run into these moments where one characters would insult another character.

In any other movie {The Way of the Gun} the Taye Diggs character would be so angry and so bent on killing Sarno for all the things that he says to him, or desperate for revenge on Parker and Longbaugh for what they do. But that makes him a stupid character. If you lead with your emotions in those situations you're going to get killed.

What I'm interested in is characters who know how to master or control their emotions, because frankly that's common sense."

Too late for him to help cull Kylo Ren down to a more compelling character.

Duaner

Say what you will about Disney and Star Wars, but the Rogue One trailer is freaking amazing!

Finn

Staff member
Lambonius said:
That said, Kyle Katarn would like a word with Disney.
Hmm. Did anyone else notice how much the name of the main character, Jyn Erso, resembles that of Kyle's girlfriend...

Which begs a question: What's the name of that character glimpsed on the trailer, played by Diego Luna?

DARTH ZOIDBERG

Rogue One Teaser Trailer

<iframe width="560" height="315" src="https://www.youtube.com/embed/Wji-BZ0oCwg" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen></iframe>

Pale Horse

Staff member
Lambonius said:
About the second Death Star.

That said, Kyle Katarn would like a word with Disney.

In my best Mitch Hedberg: "They died then, too, of course, but also earlier."

DARTH ZOIDBERG

Henry Jones VII said:
this seems way more interesting than the force awakens.
I loved TFA this looks really good as well It Is a good Time to be a star wars fan right now and Beyond Star Wars another Lucasfilms/Disney Property Indy 5 !!!!!!!:D

roundshort

DARTH ZOIDBERG said:
<iframe width="560" height="315" src="https://www.youtube.com/embed/Wji-BZ0oCwg" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen></iframe>

So this movie is about -
Star Wars not having enough female character's so they are forcing it now

How the Empire installs direct TV

Ghost Dog Samurai in space

Bad Guys looking into the distance

Dr. Who lands the Tardis in a rebel base

More Shiny Black armor

Jimmy Buffet's "Cheeseburger in Paradise" is interrupted by At-At's

That is all for now

Goonie

I have to agree, this may be better than TFA. TFA is still fun though. Just watched it for a 4th time, this time on Blu-Ray. It's now playing at the 2nd run theater so may catch it on the big screen one more time.

Duaner

Lego Indy said:
Will we see Darth Vader or Boba Fett?????

Darth Vader has not been officially confirmed, but it seems as if he will likely have a role. There was even a rumor of an actor named Spencer Wilding being cast to play Vader. There's been a few Boba Fett rumors here and there. Both characters fit into the timeline and it would be cool to see them both again, but I only hope it's in a small dose. I want to see the spin-off movies focus on the new characters and not rely heavily on the old ones.

AndyLGR

EDIT: Pale Horse

No scolding, but I've taken the liberty to unspoil the comment below

Images have leaked from a visual story book about the film, giving character names and theres even a pic of Vader in there too. So its a fair bet that Vader will appear. Rumour is that the original costume designer was brought on board to re-create his look from the original.

You can click the link at your own risk.

The pictures are here:

http://jedi-bibliothek.de/blog/2016/05/charakterinfos-und-viele-bilder-zu-rogue-one/

Last edited by a moderator: