Rest In Peace, [Insert Name Here]

roundshort

Mickiana said:
He starred in that ongoing tragedy series called the NEWS.

Hmm I avoid that stuff. I thought he was the big dude from the Green Mile, but he is already dead.

On the other Hand - Grace Jones better look out. It seems all of Roger Moore's Evil Villain Muscle is dying. She is about the last!

Dr. Gonzo

Pale Horse said:
In LA, it's called the Gweneth Paltrow charade.
trust-me.jpg

Pale Horse

Staff member
Oscar de la Renta, 82

I'm not a big fashion guy, but I've always thought the man above exuded class in himself and his work.

WilliamBoyd8

Kabibe, RIP

Baby Gorilla Dies in Tragic Zoo Accident

A baby gorilla was crushed to death in an accident at the San Francisco this weekend, zoo officials said. Young Kabibe, a female gorilla, was being put to bed Friday night when she darted away and was killed by a closing hydraulic door, the zoo told ABC's San Francisco station KGO-TV.

"This type of accident is extremely rare..."

:(

AndyLGR

Glen A Larson, his shows were a staple of my tv diet growing up in the 80s.

Last edited:

Moedred

Administrator
Staff member
We owe Glen Larson a debt of gratitude for not letting Lucas have Selleck out of spite, inadvertently making Ford Indy.

Explained here, testimony here.

WilliamBoyd8

Donna Douglas, Elly May on 'Beverly Hillbillies', dead at 81

Donna Douglas, who played voluptuous tomboy daughter Elly May Clampett on the
1960s TV series "The Beverly Hillbillies," has died.
She was 81. Baton Rouge, Louisiana, TV station WAFB reported that Douglas died Friday morning.

"The Beverly Hillbillies" may not mean anything outside the US but the
television show was a big hit during the Kennedy "Camelot" era.

:)

jsarino

This is mentioned a little late, but Edward Herrmann, a long-time character actor on films and TV, passed away after a bout of brain cancer on 12/31/14, age 71. I remember him from The Lost Boys, Intolerable Cruelty, The Great Gatsby, Annie among others. I also remember him on TV as Richard Gilmore from Gilmore Girls.

Pale Horse

Staff member
rise_030810_promo_stuart_scott.jpg

(Sunday, past) American sportscaster and anchor on ESPN, most notably on the network's SportsCenter. Scott regularly covered the NBA and the NFL for ESPN. He was well-known for his hip-hop style and use of catchphrases.

He was 49.

roundshort

Good call Pale - Love me some SS. If I had a dime for everytime I used one of his catch phrases (I would have like 97.45!)