What kind of movie ??? give your opinion!

nandosb

Hey people..

Do you think that INdy 4 will have a vibe that is closer to the one we find on TOD or LC ? I mean, TOD (which is my favorite) had more of a fantastic atmosphere, with lava pits, exotic palace, taking-hearts-out-of-chest kind of stuff, while LC was more "adult", with the grail theme and all.. What kind of feeling you are expecting for the new movie..

best regards..

Fernando

[Edited by nandosb on 05-11-2003 at 02:53 pm]

Randy_Flagg

I expect something more on the lines of Last Crusade or Raiders in the sense that I always picture open environments more than caves/temples. Of course, it might not necessarily be desert environments... it could be frozen tundra or something. I have absolutely nothing to base this on, it's just a hunch.

I also picture it having a "real" artifact. I think the fantasy element of TOD makes it a bit weaker than the other films in that regard (though I can't bash TOD at all since it was by far my favorite when I saw it at the movies... in retrospect though, and perhaps because I'm a lot older now, I prefer Raiders and Last Crusade.)

NileQT87

i hope its like raiders. i would cut off my right hand (its a star wars joke) for marion to be indy's final girlfriend. they were the perfect couple. raiders was the best. it was even in egypt (see nickname: NILEqt87). im a sucker for indy/marion in egypt.

wolfgang

hmm, that's a good question. here's what I think, now, i wouldn't mind a raiders (same as last crusade) sort of movie, since last crusade is my favorite and i love all indy movies, but then again it might be as fantastic and dark as temple of doom, that way we'll have two raiders like movie and two temple like movies. by the way, i'm sorry for not posting in a long time guys, i won't be able for a while, not until two weeks or so, since i have to study a LOT

FordFan

They've got a PG-13 rating. I think they should use it. It should be both dark and humorous and to hell with the younger kids :D

NileQT87

itll be pg...were talking the bearded ones remember. GL the bearded has an obsession with making child safe films (i honestly dont find lines like "nocturnal activities" "i was the next man" "she talks in her sleep" and even "sorry sweetheart we dont have time for anything else" very PGish, however kids rarely figure them out ( ::cough:: )).

unfortunately the exec producer is also the creator of jar jar binks and the ewoks...

to quote luke skywalker: "ill never join you!" "noooooo! nooooo! nooooo!"

itll be pg.

swords

Agreed with the above post, DARK, Gothic DARK!!

I also like Wolfgang's post, we need a movie that resembles Temple the same way LC resembles Raiders.

FordFan

It'll be PG-13. I'm not going to get into a debate, but I think that like James Bond, once it goes PG-13, it doesn't go back to PG. I don't think it'll be entirely kid-oriented, and I know that Lucas and Spielberg don't want to give it a PG when it should be PG-13. They'll give it a PG-13 to be safe, and to avoid scrutiny from bitchy mothers like when TOD came out.

PG-13.

00Kevin

Indyfan
I agree with ford fan, PG-13

It would be better
amd is very likely

LC was PG-13 also, and it was considered the lighter, more humorous indy film

It will be PG-13, If it's not.....well, as we chant at Crew (soccer team) matches..........

THERE'S GANNA BE A RIOT!!!!

Aaron H

Moderator Emeritus
ToD should have been rated PG-13, but the problem was there wasn't PG-13 then. It was ToD, however, that made the MPAA rethink its rating system, and thus the PG-13 was introduced.

Indiana Jones IV is going to be PG-13, though I wouldn't mind an R rating, but that will never happen.

swords

Matric Reloaded is "R" rated. Maybe we will get lucky with Indy.

Also, I think Raiders should have got a PG-13, Watch Raiders again and you'll see just how gory the movie actually is(which me like! evil smile):)=pretend its devilish

The only thing Crusade had going for it was the decapitation and Belloq's death, which still doesn't measure up. LC is definitely your family friendly pg film.

I want Indy 4 to be violent(Raiders), scary(Temple), and at the same time lighthearted(Crusade). I guess in other words, I want it like ToD.

wolfgang

guys, not that i would mind, but indy being "R" rated is too much. I wouldn't mind PG if it's like Raiders or Temple PG, now PG-13 would be the perfect rating, in my opinion

NileQT87

i just want it to be like the other 3 with dated 80s special fx. id send speilberg, lucas and ford all bouquets of flowers if theyd just make the special fx match...80s stuff rocks, 00 stuff sucks (no offense to anybody).

wolfgang

You might have a good point, Nile, but I think that's because the 00 effects are so advanced, people have taken advantage of it...I think if they use it with indy, they'll use it for a FEW outstanding supernatural element and to delete bloopers(like any snake's reflections for example) ;)