Post [NOT-Quadrilogy (Bad! Bad!) BUT] Tetralogy Indy Cameo(s) what do you think?

Indy's brother

Not going to talk Indy 5 here as is my wont. The thread title pretty much says it all. How cool would it be for Indy to make an appearance in another film/franchise? It's kind of too bad it hasn't happened before (besides in the YIJC, which doesn't really count). Used sparingly, or even just mentioned in another film as a real character would be epic. Some life outside of the 4 films would be a fun and awesome way to flesh out his character and expand on the Indy Canon. Your thoughts, please.

EDIT: Plus, it could be done without the horrifyingly long wait-times for his own franchise.

Indy's brother

I think it would be great to randomly acknowledge his character in almost any fitting period piece, or bring up a reference to his exploits in some kind of archival way. Kind of like an uber-Wilhelm. Ground a film into the escapist filmverse, while expanding the Indyverse at the same time.

Finn said:
My Little Pony.

Oh come now, Finn. You're wittier than that.

Last edited by a moderator:

Finn

Staff member
Sorry. I was in a real rush to go catch this guy. The idiot tweets on the job. No challenge.

Attila the Professor

Staff member
Tetralogy, tetralogy...

Well, Captain America already had the "digging in the desert" reference, but I think it's fair to say that his world is decidedly not the same as Indy's.

Montana Smith

b34137db51f112623147.jpg

Montana Smith

Attila the Professor said:
Tetralogy, tetralogy...

Well, Captain America already had the "digging in the desert" reference, but I think it's fair to say that his world is decidedly not the same as Indy's.

Not quite the same yet. But with one final push George'll get there.

Gamma rays from 1957 will not only have made him younger and fitter, but also changed his appearance beyond recognition. He'll no longer be the silver surfer riding his refrigerator, but a brand new hat-wearing adventurer to carry forward the legacy. :eek:

Montana Smith

Mephisto said:
He could have been in Wolverine Origins...Wolverine mentioned Indy in Uncanny X-Men 268.

Did he actually mention Indy, or dress in a similar style?

IndianaLogan.jpg

I'll have to look that comic up now.

EDIT:

Remembered I had it on disc. Couldn't see a reference on a quick run through.

Almost a direct reference here, though:

FF241-03.jpg

Though by this time it would be old Indy getting the joke.

Last edited:

Montana Smith

Mephisto said:
Here is a link to the original art with the page in X-Men 268 where Wolverine references Indy.http://www.comicartfans.com/GalleryPiece.asp?Piece=109587&GSub=16168

Thanks, I see it now. I was only looking at the pages where he was in the Indy-inspired gear.

hr_uxm268pg12.jpg

It's another reference to Indy as existing in the popular culture of the Marvel universe. So I don't know if Wolverine is referencing the film ROTLA or Indy as an existing person, whom he may have met.

Indy's brother

Soooo. Am I right in thinking that the answer to my original post is one that no one is going to respond to directly or take seriously?

I've noticed a trend around here lately that serious discussion has gone the way of the dodo.

Last edited:

Finn

Staff member
Indy's brother said:
Soooo. Am I right in thinking that the answer to my original post is one that no one is going to respond to directly or take seriously?
No offense, but when the thread title takes a refuge in hilarity...

Indy's brother

Finn said:
No offense, but when the thread title takes a refuge in hilarity...
No offense, either. But are you referring to the current thread title that was MOD-ified without a footnote? I was dead serious with my original title. Only giving more weight to my previous assertion that serious discussion is out the window, Finn.

Finn

Staff member
Indy's brother said:
No offense, either. But are you referring to the current thread title that was MOD-ified without a footnote? I was dead serious with my original title.
While I'm not the mod who started to harp on it, I can't help but recommend you consider this a Greek lesson to be taken to the heart.