Indy Legos!!!

Niteshade007

What bothers me is the "Lanzamiento en Marzo" though...
If I'm not mistaken, it means "Launches in March".
:(
[/QUOTE]

Actually, I think it says May.

fixer79

Niteshade007 said:
Actually, I think it says May.

It says both actually, "Lanzamiento en Marzo" for wave one and "Lanzamiento en Mayo" for wave two (Indy IV)

ChromiumBlue37 said:
Maybe I am wrong, but does the skeleton count as a figure?

Good point... It does in other sets, now you mention it... A Skeleton is considered an minifigure.
On the other hand, there isn't a completely white figure among the five on top of the box...
I really reckon the skeleton is in fact fig number six, and that the Hovito will still be in the set.

fixer79

Niteshade007 said:
Oops, all I could translate was Mayo (Cinqo de Mayo!)
That's OK, dude ;)

Oh, about that 'preliminary design' discussion...
A response from Lego rep Matt on the subject was posted on the eurobricks.com forum.
this is what he had to say about the leaked pictures...

"...The images that have leaked and all been released on EuroBricks for Castle, SpongeBob, StarWars and Indiana Jones are all preliminary images, and these products have changed slightly since these photographs have been taken. These images were taken for 'selling-in' to the trade, which is prior to the finalization of the models and contain prototype elements and graphics.

During this final period of the design process, is when the last tweaks are made to the models mainly regarding colors and decorations, and getting the model to it's final price... So please expect some minor alterations to have taken place!..."

So that's that ;)

Also, I just noticed that on the catalogue scan, Indy has this strange twin whip on some of the pictures... Seems like someone forgot to hide a photoshop layer ;)

VP

Moderator Emeritus
What's up with the printed bag strap and the physical bag strap on top of it in a different direction?

fixer79

VP said:
What's up with the printed bag strap and the physical bag strap on top of it in a different direction?

Hadn't noticed that, but you're absolutely right... Well spotted, VP!

Looks like someone made a poopoo... That torsoprint shouldn't have a bagstrap at all. What's the use if the bag is an accessory...

Oh boy, let's hope they used preliminary designs for them catalogues too...

fixer79

A new, bigger LEGO Indy catalogue page popped up on Brickshelf.com...

http://www.brickshelf.com/cgi-bin/gallery.cgi?i=2756663

Notice this cool ToD-like picture to announce the Indy IV sets :)

LEGOToD.jpg

Last edited:

ChromiumBlue37

Incredible find! :D

A lot of continuous developments with the Lego Line!
Looks like the printing is there on Indy's leg's that vanished since the prototype figure first appeared. Also good to see the wavy whip and not just the big coiled whip! (y)

fixer79

You're perfectly welcome, guys... ;)

Seems like we're rather a small group of Indy LEGO enthousiasts here...
Only a handfull of forum members seem to react to these new pictures.

Now let's wait for Namedafterdadog, Niteshade and VP to react :p

What that leg printing's concerned... I'm pretty much sure it'll be like we first saw it on the finished Indy minifig.
I wouldn't see why they'd leave it out.
Cost could be a factor I guess... But if I remember correctly, all Han Solo minifigures had leg printings as well...
If he's allowed to have 'em, why not Indy, right? ;)

ChromiumBlue37

Exactly, Fixer!

I really fell in love with how that very first Indiana Jones Lego Minifig looked. (y)

Unfortunately, we got treated to prliminary mock-up pictures of the boxed sets that are still in a transitional state. So, "anything goes" now. I am confident that we will get the best quality Lego can produce. It will be great to look away from my computer screen and see the actual figure standing there on my desk!

This weekend I am going to IKEA to purchase 2 new bookcases, (with glass doors), for my IJ collection. One will house the vintage Kenner/LJN/Disney collections and the second will house the toys/collectibles being designed and manufactured RIGHT NOW! Maybe I shoudl get 3 cases! :confused:

Niteshade007

Niteshade reacting now, lol.

That ad that they're doing for Indy reminds me of the one that came out for the Harry Potter LEGOs when I was a kid (well, I guess, what, about 5 years ago? Young teen, anyway). It really just showed the characters, but it was still pretty exciting. I'm getting that feel all over again with this add. I really can't wait for the Indy LEGOs to come out.

fixer79

Niteshade007 said:
Niteshade reacting now, lol.

That ad that they're doing for Indy reminds me of the one that came out for the Harry Potter LEGOs when I was a kid (well, I guess, what, about 5 years ago? Young teen, anyway). It really just showed the characters, but it was still pretty exciting. I'm getting that feel all over again with this add. I really can't wait for the Indy LEGOs to come out.

Aaah... good ol' trustworthy Niteshade! I knew you wouldn't let me down! ;)

The Harry Potter LEGO line came out in 2001. I don't seem to remember the promo image you refer to though...

Yeah, it's been a great line. Sadly, with the films growing darker and more mature, the sets did the same... which clearly didn't have a positive reaction on the sales...
While the dark atmosphere worked great for the films, it didn't for the LEGO line.
One of the last sets released for example, was a dark, gloomy graveyard. I guess parents weren't too eager to buy their kids a plastic graveyard...
Yep... I guess we've seen the last of the Harry Potter LEGO line... Only one set (another Hogwarts) came out for 'The Order of the Phoenix'...
Oh well...
Luckily, there's a great line coming up to replace it ;)

fixer79

Nice find, Chrome!
You're hereby promoted to Supreme Chancellor of Fixer's Merry LEGO Friends!
:p

That picture's quality is just perfect! It looks great!
I see that not that much has changed from the preliminary design of that set...
The only difference I can spot is the German biker's face. He looks more cocky now... less like the happy camper he once was ;)

Also, it's quite a relief to know that wave one will be released in January after all. I Just hope it'll be a worldwide release... and that Europe doesn't have to wait a couple o' months more until March...

Can't wait to see this sort of final pic for the other sets!

Last edited:

ChromiumBlue37

Well, THANK YOU, Fixer! :D I am honored, indeed!

You know, I thought that the German Soldier's expression was different. Almost a smirk, now. Perhaps this was the only boxed set that was ready to be published officially. Hopefully we will see GOOD changes to the other three sets - (Hovitos minifig; leg printing and wavy whip on Indy; Marion in a dress; actual Ark and not a "golden chest w/ jewels").

Ready for January! Going to make sure I have enough to get 2 of each set! ;)