New Acquisitions!!

JuniorJones

TR.N Staff Member
Rocket Surgeon said:
To my eternal shame, a song I loathe...but so strong is my (hetero) love of Indiana Jones! A mint pressing to "enjoy" on my "Cairo Nights".

420956_346530465380940_97228818_n.jpg

You can extend your shame, Young Skywalker as there is another...anyone know? :)

inky_skin

Billy Ray said:
Pete, the sidecar came with a motorcycle from Marauder "Gun Runners" toys. It fits on the Hasbro cycle pretty well, with very little work. I swapped out the wheel with a Hasro one and glued the spare on the back.

Those sidecars are still at retail here in the UK (scored one for under £10 just this week). They are part of a range called 'World Peacekeepers' and come with a checkpoint, base, two soldier figures and a trailbike.

Edit: this line of toys may also be known as Power Team Elite in other territories and contains a decent interpretation of a Willys Jeep for you military diorama fans.

Last edited:

Henry W Jones

JuniorJones said:
You can extend your shame, Young Skywalker as there is another...anyone know? :)

Are you referring to...

meco-starwars.jpg

A step further....

20101223145321-untitled-37101222.jpg

And even further if you like...

AU00370.JPG

Meco has done Star Trek, The Black Hole, Superman and many others. Nothing like turning music into disco music.

JuniorJones

TR.N Staff Member
Henry W Jones said:
Are you referring to...

meco-starwars.jpg

A step further....

20101223145321-untitled-37101222.jpg

And even further if you like...

AU00370.JPG

Meco has done Star Trek, The Black Hole, Superman and many others. Nothing like turning music into disco music.

Nope! You can't be a serious collector (when I say serious, I mean demented! ;) ) can you if you don't know the answer?

Last edited:

Stoo

throwmetheidol said:
It's an ad insert for the Atari 2600 game... it was inside other games (and was given out in stores)...
Thanks for providing the answer, Les.:)
JuniorJones said:
You can extend your shame, Young Skywalker as there is another...anyone know?:)
Are you referring to the Walter Murphy disco version that was discussed in this very thread 2 months ago?:confused:

Palaceslave_82

Happened upon an unbelievable find this week; a local-ish comic shop had a box of loose pegwarming figures in a box for two dollars apiece, and just as I was about to give up on all the jacket-less Mutts,and Ceremonial Belloqs, I saw a bare arm,with a textured, billowy sleeve poking out. Lo and behold,it was a loose SDCC "Lost Wave" Marion! Her static dress, (not as static as some would have you believe,but it does restrict movement a good bit) was slit completely up one side,baring her leg and white panties, (should be black,if you've watched Ms. Allen dangling in the Well of Souls from below :)
The white paint on the heel of her lone shoe was scraped,and flakes a bit to the touch.. but it's super-rare Marion! I can't believe my luck. I searched the box for other Con exclusives,but no dice,(would have loved a loose mechanic,but,alas). When I took Marion to the register,the cashier looked kind of appalled to discover she had made her way into that box (whose contents he had just run down about five minutes prior),but there wasn't anything he could do, (I don't do well with businesses calling foul on a mistake like that). Anyhow,I was able to hook myself up with her snake heap,and torch, (or maybe it's Sallah's-doesn't matter) for under fifteen dollars.

I'm considering making her a soft goods dress, as I've always thought Hasbro's (admittedly detailed) white shell made the figure too thick. I thought of using a Leia figure with a white dress,and hacking it off at the knees,since its already fitted to the waist. This way I keep full articulation,and she can sit, be carried by Indy, etc.

JuniorJones

TR.N Staff Member
Stoo said:
Thanks for providing the answer, Les.:)
Are you referring to the Walter Murphy disco version that was discussed in this very thread 2 months ago?:confused:

Nope! And I'm not refering yo the Neil Norman version either!

Stoo

JuniorJones said:
Nope! And I'm not refering yo the Neil Norman version either!
As much as it PAINS ME to suggest this...a seperate, Indy Disco thread should be created.:eek::eek: :eek: :sick: :sick: :sick: :sick: :sick: :sick: :sick: :sick: :sick: :sick:

JuniorJones

TR.N Staff Member
Stoo said:
As much as it PAINS ME to suggest this...a seperate, Indy Disco thread should be created.:eek::eek: :eek: :sick: :sick: :sick: :sick: :sick: :sick: :sick: :sick: :sick: :sick:

Yah! Yoooooou maaaaake meeeee feeeeeeeel miiiiiiiighty reeeal!

Go Mods. Disco,baby,hot thread here I come...

Spassvogel

Finally got retail versions of the Temple of Doom wave from someone on RebelScum. Nice to have all the accessories. Those Asian sellers have good prices, but it was annoying that the accessories seemed so random. Not to mention funny problems like having two right hands.

ROB98374 said:
I got two items today.
The comic-con exclusive idol and a topper from a slot machine!
photobucket-3831-1334365185144.jpg

photobucket-4845-1334365166115.jpg

Nice find - those IGT pieces are tough to locate. I have 6 of the headers (complete tops with electronics intact) plus I managed to get the wheel to the Last Crusade machine. Still have 3 more toppers to find to have them all.

ROB98374

throwmetheidol said:
Nice find - those IGT pieces are tough to locate. I have 6 of the headers (complete tops with electronics intact) plus I managed to get the wheel to the Last Crusade machine. Still have 3 more toppers to find to have them all.
I would like to see a picture of what you have, when you get time. I would love to find more parts, or a complete slot machine!!

ROB98374 said:
I would like to see a picture of what you have, when you get time. I would love to find more parts, or a complete slot machine!!

Entrance to museum is under construction so this is best I can do right now...

575445_355690727799946_300960243272995_901340_297624740_n.jpg

305614_355690744466611_300960243272995_901341_786475350_n.jpg

JasonMa

Not so much a new acquisition as unearthing relics, but I finally got my room cleaned up to the point where I could dig my 6 4.5" Disney Park Exclusive figures out of where I stored them. I don't yet have room to display them out of the package but I have wall space to hang them up now. I haven't seen them in a few years so they feel a bit new to me. ;)

indycast

I just got back from Tokyo DisneySea (incredible place, both the theme park and the country) and hoped to get some unique collectibles - particularly the bumper sticker which I have since lost due to selling my car when I was there 8 years ago.

Sadly no Temple of the Crystal Skull themed merchandise (sorry Les!) - in fact, only 3 collectibles (apart from the ride photo), a coffee mug, some Mickey/Indy cookies and this faux marble money bank which I couldn't pass up. Hadn't seen them before but I don't get out too much!

546559_10150759072329489_368306729488_9576537_1536089323_n.jpg

Montana Smith

indycast said:
...this faux marble money bank which I couldn't pass up. Hadn't seen them before but I don't get out too much!

Never seen that before either.

It's reminscent of a monument to the dead.

The base could read:

INDIANA JONES

1981-2008

R.I.P.

;)

indyclone25

indycast said:
I just got back from Tokyo DisneySea (incredible place, both the theme park and the country) and hoped to get some unique collectibles - particularly the bumper sticker which I have since lost due to selling my car when I was there 8 years ago.

Sadly no Temple of the Crystal Skull themed merchandise (sorry Les!) - in fact, only 3 collectibles (apart from the ride photo), a coffee mug, some Mickey/Indy cookies and this faux marble money bank which I couldn't pass up. Hadn't seen them before but I don't get out too much!

just saw this on facebook , glad you got one , looks awesome .

I.M.J.

ROB98374 said:
I got two items today.
The comic-con exclusive idol and a topper from a slot machine!
photobucket-3831-1334365185144.jpg

Nice pick up....
I've got such a love hate relationship with these things. I've got a set that I splurged on a while back (the whole set, the EE exclusives, everything) and they are so unique and fun yet such a waste of resources and space.

Mine sit on top of a book case, MIB. I can't bring myself to get rid of them, yet I don't know what to do with the set. What're your plans for yours? Maybe you'll give me a fly idea for them.. :)