Top three favorite characters

Swindle

1. Indy, of course. The hero, the mainevent, the reason we?re watching. I love his adventures. I love Harrison Ford?s charisma. Even when the movies get cheesy, even when I?m watching something silly, Indy manages to sell even the most outrageous events.

The other top three, setting aside Indy:

2. Sallah, as my favorite sidekick. He delivers all his lines with a nice touch of humor, yet doesn't demean himself in the process. Asps. Very dangerous. You go first. It makes me smile every time. He;s a good sidekick, but he's not stupid. He also seems like the kind of guy you'd just like to hang out with, you know?

3. Marion, as my favorite love interest. No one else even compares. Don'?t follow extended universe, don't care, so when someone mentions another ladies name, I can't speak to it. I can only speak to how Marion compares to Willie and Elsa, and she's the most fully realized character of the three.

3. Toht. Most of the villains fall short as individuals. The dangers come from them as part of a collective, Nazis, cults and the like. Toht is probably my favorite because I actually bought his devotion to his job and he had a creepy unique look to him. He was going to use a hot iron on Marion. So many other villains just seem cartoonish, which is why I don't think much of them, but Toht seems like a evil guy who could actually exist in the real world. I like when Indy was going to blow up the ark, Toht sets down to rest while the game is playing out between Belloq and Indy. That is a humanizing moment.

muttjones

besides indy i'll take:

1. Mutt Williams
2. Short Round
3. Sallah/Marcus Brody/Henry Jones Snr./Fedora/Young Indy.

I CANT DECIDE!!!!!!

kongisking

Indy is obvious

1. Mutt Williams
2. Spalko
3. Mola Ram

This was tougher than I thought...sorry Shorty, Marion, and Dovchenko! It should be Top 5!

Rococo

1. Marion Ravenwood- it would have been so easy for them to have a damsel/ingenue in this role- and instead, they created a fully realized, even match for Indy.
2. Marcus Brody- I found his friendship with Indy truly touching, and tangible even in absence in the last film.
3. Sallah- funny and sweet, without his purpose being for comic relief.

Insomniac

My Fave 3:

1. Marion Ravenwood
2. Henry "Mutt" Williams Jones III
3. Abner Ravenwood(Even thou I've never seen him)

Honorable Mentions:

Sallah Mohammed Faisel el-Kahir
Sophia hapgood
Colin Williams
Henry jones senior (Heck I love the Jones/Ravenwood/Williams family)
Harold Oxley "The OX"
(Especially when he was off his rocker you know smog in the noggin)

bennihana123

Top 3 from each movie- minus Indy, of course.

1. Marion-Sallah-Marcus
2. Short Round-Mola Ram-Willie
3. Henry Sr.-Marcus-Sallah
4. Mac-Mutt-Ox

reverendB

Three? OK. Obviously not including Indy

1. Marion Ravenwood Jones- Because God I love Karen Allen, she's stunning to look at, and she brought BALLS to the character.

2. Henry Jones, Sr.- Because he put Junior in his place. Not an easy feat.

3. Toht- Cuz man, he is just creepy. I'd love to see Ronald Lacey in anything else, just to see him in a different persona.

3 1/2. I'm really warming up to Dovchenko.

Canyon

Well, obviously Indy is number one! :D He's smart, brave, heroic, knowledgable and the worlds greatest adventurer! (y)

Then I would have to go for:

1) Marcus Brody - Indy's colleague, mentor, confident, father figure and friend.

2) Sallah Mohammed Faisel el-Kahir - A great friend for Indy and extremely loyal and trustworthy

3) Marion Ravenwood - The great love of Indy's life, strong and tough but also beautiful and feminine

glorbes

Belloq

I think he's by far Indy's most fully realized foe. You get a sense of his character, and I think he's portrayed more as a pragmatist than a thoroughly evil individual...you even see that he's kind of repulsed by the company that he keeps, yet chooses to do so for selfish reasons. In that way, I think he's the most believable character in Raiders (or in any of the Indy films). Of course, much of this can be attributed to Paul Freeman's performance.

Henry Sr.

The fact that Last Crusade works so well is that its about Indy's relationship with his father, and that works only because of the clever scripting and excellent performance Sean Connery gives. When he's on screen, Henry Sr. is fun to watch, and he fleshes out Indy's character in an amusing and sometimes poignant fashion. Last Crusade is not without its problems, but the central themes that it explores and how it develops character is not one of them.

Marion
Part of the success of Raiders as a movie is that Marion is Indy's love interest. Even when she's rightfully angry with him, she's still in his corner...you actually believe that these two love each other...not easily, but there's a connection there that was absent in the other two ladies in his life. She's funny, tough, has a wicked temper, and is simply adorable.