Happy Birthday to All

Pale Horse

Staff member
'nuff said

<iframe width="560" height="315" src="//www.youtube.com/embed/F5zg_af9b8c" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen></iframe>

Finn

Staff member
Yes, Happy Birthday you Land of endless trees, whitest of snow, carefree bears and... suicidal birds.

Wow. That actually is a whole lot of trees and snow. How on earth do people living in a place like that pass the time?

Stoo

HAPPY B-DAY, MICKIANA!:hat:

As a gift, here's a local schoolyard chant from c.1976 (with your name substituting for 'Rick'):

Mick, Mick,
With the two foot pr*ck
Showed it to the girl next door
She thought it was a snake
Hit it with a rake
Now it's only one foot four!

:D Have fun today.

Mickiana

Stoo said:
HAPPY B-DAY, MICKIANA!:hat:

As a gift, here's a local schoolyard chant from c.1976 (with your name substituting for 'Rick'):

Mick, Mick,
With the two foot pr*ck
Showed it to the girl next door
She thought it was a snake
Hit it with a rake
Now it's only one foot four!

:D Have fun today.

Such an underestimation! :rolleyes: I was already 8yo at the time of that ditty.

Thanks for the wishes.

Montana Smith

attachment.php

Happy B'day, Mick!

:hat:

Mickiana

Ta, Kong. Now, that is a cake. Talk about coincidences. I am into the second week of a short course, Introduction to Baking, where our teacher, besides teaching for a job, also has a business making made-to-order cakes themed to anything. Just this morning she was showing us pictures on her iPhone of her most recent cakes. I will have to suggest this to her. BTW, I don't believe in coincidences. :whip:

kongisking

Mickiana said:
Ta, Kong. Now, that is a cake. Talk about coincidences. I am into the second week of a short course, Introduction to Baking, where our teacher, besides teaching for a job, also has a business making made-to-order cakes themed to anything. Just this morning she was showing us pictures on her iPhone of her most recent cakes. I will have to suggest this to her. BTW, I don't believe in coincidences. :whip:

coincidence.gif

:D

Stoo

Yesterday was Kong's 22nd birthday. Here's an appropriate bit from Simon & Garfunkel about age & the passing of time.

"Leaves That Are Green" (by Paul Simon, 1966)

I was twenty-one years when I wrote this song
I'm twenty-two now but I won't be for long
Time hurries on
And the leaves that are green turn to brown
And they wither with the wind
And they crumble in your hand

<iframe width="420" height="315" src="//www.youtube.com/embed/WwOgXWOX-iE" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen></iframe>

kongisking

Stoo said:
Yesterday was Kong's 22nd birthday. Here's an appropriate bit from Simon & Garfunkel about age & the passing of time.

"Leaves That Are Green" (by Paul Simon, 1966)

I was twenty-one years when I wrote this song
I'm twenty-two now but I won't be for long
Time hurries on
And the leaves that are green turn to brown
And they wither with the wind
And they crumble in your hand

<iframe width="420" height="315" src="//www.youtube.com/embed/WwOgXWOX-iE" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen></iframe>

Thank you, Stoo! And I've actually never heard that song. But it is very nice.

Not only that, the B-Day itself went really well, probably the best in a few years...thanks again. :hat:

Stoo

There are about 15 minutes left of July 1st where I am right now so HAPPY BIRTHDAY to:

- Indiana Jones (115)
- Canada (147)
- Finn (an ageless entity)

Last edited by a moderator:

Joe Brody

Stoo said:
There are about 15 minutes left of July 1st where I am right now so HAPPY BIRTHDAY to:

- Indiana Jones (115)
- Canada (147)
- Finn (??)

Good catch. Happy Birthday, y'all!

Montana Smith

kongisking said:
We may be mortal enemies until the End Times, but I'm not above wishing my arch-nemesis a wonderful birthday. Have a helluva good one! :hat:

Not mine. His! :D

Harrison Ford tops celebrity birthdays for July 13

First posted: Sunday, July 13, 2014 02:00 AM EDT

Poor Harrison Ford will be hobbling around the house this year for his birthday.

The actor, who recently injured himself on set of the upcoming "Star Wars" sequel, turns 72 today.

Happy birthday, Harrison, and take it easy.

Here are some interesting facts about Han Solo:

His father had German-Irish ancestry and his mother?s side was Jewish, immigrants from Russia.

He?s been married three times. The first time to Mary Marquardt. The second was to Melissa Mathison and his third wife is Calista Flockhart. He has five children.

Mathison, ex-wife No. 2, wrote the screenplay for E.T. the Extra-Terrestrial.

Lives on a ranch in Jackson Hole, Wyoming.

He has a species of ant (Peidole harrisonfordi) and spider (Calponia Harrisonfordi) named after him for his conservation work.

Here are some other stars celebrating birthdays today:

Patrick Stewart (74), ?Community? star Ken Jeong (45), Cheech Marin (68), director Cameron Crowe (57) and Canadian singer Deborah Cox turns 40.

http://www.torontosun.com/2014/07/11/harrison-ford-tops-celebrity-birthdays-for-july-13

:hat:

kongisking

Montana Smith said:
Not mine. His! :D

Well, sh*t...

Well, ya know what? I was just joking! Yeah, I didn't mean a word of it! I hate your guts, I tell you! I HATE YOU!!! :D

Oh, and um, Happy Birthday Harrison too, I guess...