Mad Magazine Indy parodies

Stoo

Supposedly, there was a (fairly) recent auction of original MAD artwork with
Lucas & Spielberg in attendance and they each bought all the cover paintings
that spoofed their movies.

What a great magazine. I used to buy it religiously and had all of Don Martin's paerbacks!

yodazone

"MAD" Magazine artist Al Jaffee has an upcoming Indiana Jones "Fold-In" art page in the May issue of MAD:

http://www.nytimes.com/2008/03/30/a...rts&adxnnlx=1206828085-6dHJOhRswuIU8EjknnRz3Q

"He started work on No. 4-whatever, for the issue that goes on sale in mid-May, as he has all the others: with a rough pencil sketch. This one shows an altar scene invoking the ?Raiders of the Lost Ark? movies. ?Indiana Jones and the Kingdom of the Crystal Skull? is due out soon, and the fold-in question is, ?What frightening ancient relic will be the focus of much attention and fanfare this summer?? The folded-in answer, of course, has nothing to do with Indiana Jones."

indymadfoldpageto4.jpg

(y) (y) (y)

LaoCheRules!

I have a MAD color issue with all three colorized Indy spoofs. The cover though has nothing to do with Indy, because it was MAD's first color issue.

Moedred

Administrator
Staff member
Scroll back to post 16, for links to the complete satires! (KotCS not included)
00012qcd

Sakis

TR.N Staff Member
As you can see on the cover of this MAD issue they must have already published color editions of their Indy parodies.

madincolor.jpg

The Drifter

Issue of Mad

Anyone get the new issue of Mad magazine?
It has a funny spoof of a letter from George Lucas to Stephen Spielburg. I can post it here if anyone would like to read it.

I wasn't expecting it to be out yet, but I got mine today. I haven't read all of it yet, but I did read the embryo Jones. Since we're having a baby in a couple of weeks it was perfect timing.

|ZiR|

Oh man, that was actually really funny. I didn't know MAD still did funny!

"Good news: Karen Allen said she's got room in her bust schedule for the role of Marion Ravenwood from Raiders... assuming she can get another waitress to cover her shifts at Ruby Tuesday."

I lol'd. HARD.