Todd's new "Raider" hat is now available....

wellofsoul

New member, but I've been visiting for years. Looking forward to your "Raider's Hat" review. I'd love to see a side by side comparison of the uptowner, downtowner and Raider. I'm mostly curious how tall the crown is...

indyclone25

hi wellofsoul! welcome to the raven......
i plan on doing a videoof just the raider and the a seperate video with all three hats , and maybe even throwing in the dorfmanto even look at.:D
so i was told they were shipping it today .so hopefully within 7-10 days so keep a watchful eye out .

ssgbstr1

Hey indyclone25!!! Please let us know how the hat is. I've had the downtowner but sent it back because it was one of the first batch of downtowners and the crown was too tall. Then I got 2 uptowners in which i like. One is my "Raiders" style and one is my "KOTCS" style. I just want to know if the new Todd's Raiders is an ok fedora. I do have a Miller Hats Indiana Jones style fedora in which I shaped myself. It's a very nice fedora, too. I like to interchange out my hats each week and see if I could add the new Todd's hat to my inventory.

indyclone25

as far as i know so far you can order the ''raider'' unshaped and shaped, i ordered mine shaped , i love the raider look . but as soon as i get it i will give my review .:D

indyclone25

Hey , Folks.
Well i have my hat and I must say it is very nice! The hat is very soft to the touch. Much like the "Uptowner" you are able to move the brim around to adjust and the crown is easy enough to make your own bash to. I got my hat preshaped , but I was happy with the bash on top and fiddled with it for a few seconds to make it look nice to the way I like the hat to look.The hat was a bit short in the crown than the "Downtowner" but along the same height as the "Uptowner." I have pics of all my hats from Todd's from the "Downtowner"(version one) to the "Raider." I did love the color of the hat and the band seemed to look much darker ,too, than the "Downtowner" and the "Uptowner.''
so i think has another winning hat on his hands, so for you folks that don't have a a decent hat yet , look into the "Raider." :TOH:

The "Downtowner (version one and two)
newfedoras001.jpg

The "Downtowner" and the "Uptowner"
newfedoras003.jpg

The "Uptowner and the "Raider
newfedoras006.jpg

the "Raider" on my head
newfedoras010.jpg

Backside
newfedoras012.jpg

Showing that brim is flexible
newfedoras013.jpg

indyclone25

my measurements on my hat are brim front and back 2 3/8 inches
sides are 2 1/2 inches and crown was ( surprising) 5 inches and back was 4 1/2 inches

so very good measurements , maybe it just doesnt look good in the photos i shot , but i just finished the video and it does klook good on my head , just as good as the downtowner , i will post the link to my video as soon as its domne uploading , ( but once again) i am having problems loading from my computer as i did ona previous video and had to upload it thru my son's youtube account. hopefully i will be able to put it on mine eventually.

indyclone25

i was asked on my youtube page to add a few more pictures of the hat , here are some with more sunlight hitting the hat from the front room of my huose , i hope it shows more color. and as you can see i fixed the ribbon on my hat cause it was raised is some of the earlier photos .

newfedoras031.jpg

newfedoras034.jpg

newfedoras028.jpg

newfedoras024.jpg

newfedoras023.jpg

newfedoras027.jpg

indyclone25

<iframe width="420" height="315" src="http://www.youtube.com/embed/lC2VFk18AqQ" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen></iframe>

indyclone25

todds said the dimensions of the hat's range differently because of the sizes of the hats ?

"Oh, yes, I pulled some out of the box the other day to measure the brims. They do "scale" with the crown size. The size 59 measures 3" front and back and 2 1/2" on the sides. The other sizes scale, but the difference is not much."

-Todd

indyclone25

some more pics of the 'Raider" in sunlight outside
newfedoras045.jpg

newfedoras046.jpg

[[url]http://i36.photobucket.com/albums/e37/indyclone25/newfedoras049.jpg/img][/url]
[img]http://i36.photobucket.com/albums/e37/indyclone25/newfedoras050.jpg
newfedoras051.jpg

newfedoras052.jpg

crown looks small here
newfedoras047.jpg

and a few taken inside with my phone
CIMG0028.jpg

CIMG0023.jpg