Your Indy Dream Game

Seven

Piggybacking on the article TheFedora posted, here is another article from Game Informer that talks about what went wrong with LucasArts. It's really in depth. Page 5 talks about the Indy team's reactions when Uncharted was unveiled.

One LucasArts employee remembers that day well, as a large group of Indiana Jones? developers gathered in a demo room to check out Naughty Dog?s work. ?I have never seen a more f---ing forlorn group of guys, because that is exactly the game they were trying to make,? this staffer says. ?Indiana Jones had a cistern level ? same as in Uncharted ? it had similar jungle environments, too, but one of the big things that they were attempting were those run-for-your-life moments, where something happens, the camera turns, you have a different perspective that shows the danger behind you, and then you have to control the character out of it ? which is exactly what Uncharted did. They had effectively out-Indy?ed Indy.?

You can check out the whole article here:
Fall Of The Empire: How Inner Turmoil Brought Down LucasArts

It's a great read.

DeclaringTiger

Basically Uncharted 4 but swap out the grappling hook with a bullwhip. U4 already does a great job with hand to hand combat, so all that would need to be changed is the crazy climbing/parkour system. Story wise, I think Iron Phoenix would be a really good candidate.

img.php

I'll take anything honestly. I just want an Indy game dangit!

IndianaBones

We definitely need a Lego Indy 3. Call it “Lego Indiana Jones: The Complete Adventures”
Have all 5 movies fully fleshed out & represented, and have them in the style of Lego Skywalker Saga.

I know for a fact that this game would look beautiful and the levels just write themselves, especially for Dial of Destiny.

Will it happen? Who knows.

The next Lego TT Game is rumored to be Lego Harry Potter 1-7 in the style of Skywalker saga. It seems like TT games is going back to what they’ve previously done and giving them a fresh face lift with new playability & a lot of new content. I think Indy desperately needs that, especially with how many people grew up with the first 2 games. We can all hope…

Indyfan88

Hey guys! I’ve been passively following this forum for a few years now and felt I should join in as a member. I’ve been dreaming for an ideal Indiana jones game ever since I saw the first staff of kings trailer for Xbox 360/ps3. I too was very disappointed that that game got cancelled. However I did give the ps2 one a shot and the one thing I wish they’re incorporate in the new indiana jones game is how after you die, the hat blows into the shot and he picks it up and you continue on. That is such a nice touch to feeling the Indiana jones vibe.

I hope also that Bethesda goes the whole respawn route with jedi fallen order and make it 3rd person with huge hubs to explore and find and discover things. I would say focus more on fist to fist fighting then guns. And also the one thing tomb raider and uncharted fail to do is make a sequence where your feel vulnerable like the tank chase in last crusade or when Indy is getting hurt by the stabbing of the voodoo doll. That’s what the movies do great at and I wish they can incorporate that elaborate design with the storytelling and gameplay in the Bethesda game

Mutt’sGirl04

Something like SoK and EP but also like FoA in feel where you can have 2+ players (for gaming with buddies) and even choose different character “skins” like in SoK - which included Henry Sr., but it’d be great to have Mutt and Marion (and the other girls) too.
Maybe even include a customizable character that can tag along.

Also with a cool menu like in SoK where we can look around Indy’s office - that’s awesome.

Would an open-world style game enriched with history, archaeological sites and in-depth geography, thanks to Google Maps, be too much to ask for? ;)

Ender

You can't have both Mutt and Henry without breaking canon. It'd have to be a non-canon extra instead of being a part of the story.

I'm hoping for a new LEGO Indiana Jones, personally, much like what IndianaBones proposed.

Mutt’sGirl04

You can't have both Mutt and Henry without breaking canon. It'd have to be a non-canon extra instead of being a part of the story.
True, but have you ever played SoK? IMO, the way alternative “skins” are presented there is just for fun, unless the option for the Han Solo “skin” is somehow canon as well… :confused:

I'm hoping for a new LEGO Indiana Jones, personally, much like what IndianaBones proposed.
Me too.

Kukulcan

I was dreaming about the perfect Indy game for a long time. I believed it could have happened if Sony just bought the Indy license for Naughty Dog. I never got into any of the 3D Indy games for the simple (call it stupid) reason they weren‘t up to the standards of their respective times when it came to graphics or production values.

When it comes to Bethesda/MachineGames I just hope for not too much Nazi shooting, a good amount of puzzles and lots of story, in essence Uncharted without the mass murder aspect.

Ender

True, but have you ever played SoK?
I have not. Non-canon alternate skins are fine.
I believed it could have happened if Sony just bought the Indy license for Naughty Dog.
I don't see Naughty Dog just wanting to make Uncharted in all but name but with someone else's IP, especially since they seem done with Uncharted in general.

Last edited:

Kukulcan

I have not. Non-canon alternate skins are fine.

I don't see Naughty Dog just wanting to make Uncharted in all but name but with someone else's IP, especially since they seem done with Uncharted in general.
I meant at the time they made the first Uncharted. I am that old.

Ender

That's not that old. The first one came out a year before KotCS, which I suspect most people on this forum were around to witness the release of.

Mutt’sGirl04

It would be kinda cool if they went back and made game-versions of all the films where Player2 is whatever sidekick in whichever movie. E.g: Marion + Sallah, Shorty (maybe Willie), Sr. (+ Elsa), Mutt & Ox, then Helena.

Nazi hater5000

I'd rather have a remake of the infernal machine and the emperor's tomb and make it with Xbox series x graphics. and more levels and improved gameplay mechanics and better controls kind of like what they did with the gta trilogy definitive edition but better.