• older indy

Votes: 23 79.3%
  • indy's son

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • prequels

Votes: 6 20.7%

• Total voters

indyt

I was wondering what you guys thought. Lets say we do get an Indy 5 and 6. What would you prefer? An older Indy continuing his adventures; His son ( if LaBuff is his son ) continuing his adventures; or another Indy cast to tell of his adventures in his 20's to early 30's. I believe YIJC ended when he was 20. What do you guys think?

deckard24

I'd have to go with an older Indy, and not the son-of-Indy or prequels route. I thought for a brief moment if they did a prequel series, that if the right guy was cast it could be fun. But, in hindsight I don't want to see anyone but Ford as Indy. He defines the role, he is Indy! Someone made the comment of a much older Indy as not being farfetched, by referencing 70 plus year old missionaries in the jungles. This is a great point, an older Indy with a good partner could still get a lot done. Also, if they did continue the series maybe I'd finally get to see the grizzled Indy with a Fugitive beard! If Connery and Eastwood could continue making movies in their 70's, why can't Ford.

indyt

Good post. I think I was actually the one who talked about missionaries in their 70's. Its true. I have seen these guys go through the jungles and rivers with the best of them!!

deckard24

So I'll go ahead and open this can of worms again, who could play a younger pre ToD Indy if they recasted and did prequels. My vote has been for Nathan Fillion, but I wouldn't rule out another good choice like perhaps Eric Bana. Indyt and Clinton, who do you want to see in the role?

Finn

Staff member
If I have to pick one of those, I also like the recast option best. Even if the actor's gone, the character should be allowed to keep on going.

I've no comment on who should get the hat ('cept for reasons disclosed earlier, everytime I hear Nathan Fillion's name, I'd like to punch the brainiac who said it) but I'm going to throw a twist into the mix; remember that Indy would not be the only one to get a new face.

Apart from Jones, who should play Henry, Marcus and Sallah?

deckard24

Personally I think the series should end with Ford, and not make it into a Bond series with all new facess like a new Bond, M or a Q! Ford is the reason that the Indy movies were such a success. Yes, the director, artists, entire film crew, editor, and the cast contributed immensely. But, it was Ford's charm and everyman qualities which defined the character of Indy we all know and love.

Finn, you get bent out of shape every single time I or another poster mentions Fillion, but who do you then suggest? You want to pose the question of who could fill other character's roles, but you suggest none yourself. Instead of punching people in the face, how about throwing in a few names instead of shooting down others ideas!

Finn

Staff member
deckard24 said:
how about throwing in a few names instead of shooting down others ideas!
Never mind that. Even if I shoot down one of them, there's still plenty more left of the same idea to keep you happy.

/begin rant

I'm completely fine with no one but Ford as Indiana Jones, by the way. But I also wouldn't mind seeing somebody else taking a shot at it. Therefore, I like it best if the new guy's name comes completely out of the blue. I have nothing against Fillion either. It's just that since this guy seems to pop up everytime there's a discussion anywhere about possible new Indy. And since the idea hasn't originated from any official quarters, it kinda has this "monkey see, monkey do" -aura on it. That is what irks me. Be unique, use your own mind, dammit!

/end rant

Stoo

I voted for prequels even though I wouldn't mind another one set in the 50's.
If the stories went backwards in time once before, they can do it again.
This way we can still have Harrison Ford and not a 6th person playing Indy
that would be needed for prequels (unless S.P. Flanery was used).

Lloyd Owen who played Indy's dad in the TV series was an excellent choice
so casting him again in a prequel would be perfect!

The "son of" idea completely turns me off.

oki9Sedo

I don't really think any of them would work to be honest. Prequels? Nobody could replace Harrison Ford. Indy's son? Nobody could replace Harrison Ford. Old Indy? Whether you think he's too old now or not, he'll definitel be too old in a couple of years.

deckard24

Finn, I can remember thinking of Fillion playing Indy or an Indy like character back when I first saw Firefly. His Han Solo/Indy like demeanor and character made me think of it, so it wasn't just some borrowed idea. Be original, alright I said Eric Bana. How about you?
The reason Fillion pops up is because he's got Ford like qualities as an actor. Physicality, dry sarcastic sense of humor, somewhat of a similar look, and he's already played a character similar to Han Solo and Indiana Jones( more so Solo).
Oki9Sedo, I'm with you in that nobody can replace Harrison Ford as Indy! I don't think it'll work even with a great actor cast in the role. It's Ford's role, he owns it!

Lon

I vote none of the above.

I've been hoping for an animated TV series for 15 years. I'd rather see prequel animated adventures of Indy during his early days as a college professor. I vote for that.

Dr.Sartorius

Lon said:
I vote none of the above.

I've been hoping for an animated TV series for 15 years. I'd rather see prequel animated adventures of Indy during his early days as a college professor. I vote for that.

A motion capture CGI Indiana Jones TV series starring Harrison Ford could be interesting. :whip:

Vendetta08

Good question. I voted for older Indy but now that I think about it, I doubt Ford would keep going too much longer. So definitely either do prequels or maybe even continue the adventures with his son, my only problem with the latter is that I'm not too keen on Shia Labeouf, especially as filling in the shoes of the next Indiana Jones. Just my opinion, but if they do prequels, I wouldn't mind seeing Clive Owens as Indy, he's a good actor. But that is of'course only if they decide to continue the series like James Bond.

As for a cartoon, I would absolutely love that. But I don't see it being done because Lucas is already working on two tv shows.

deckard24

Good call Al, Clive Owen is an interesting choice but he'd have to cover up his accent which he's done before.

I mentioned Eric Bana and Finn's favorite Nathan Fillion, but what does everybody else think on the matter? If prequels are made and a younger Indy is needing to be cast, who could fill the role and don the fedora?

The question had come up in the past, but there are alot of new names around here as of late who could throw in their two cents. As well as a new younger Indy, other cast members would obviously be recast as well. Like Finn said, a new Henry, Marcus, Sallah, etc.. Lastly before anyone jumps on this topic, keep in mind it's all for fun. Just throw some names and ideas around!