Dovchenko?

Spriggan Jones

Dovchenko.jpg

So who exactly is this Dovchenko character? Since they're also making a hasbro figure of him I'd say he's probably a major villain, perhaps the Toht/Vogel of KOTCS. It's hard to see but it looks like he has scars on his face. I wonder who will be playing this role? There's Igor Jijikine or Andrew Divoff who's roles are still unknow and in Divoff's case still unconfirmed. Something tells me he's Igor. :)

commontone

There's also that Pavel Lynchnikoff actor (that's probably totally wrong, but close). People think he's one of the guys holding Indy in the first production video, and it kind of looks like he has scars.

Spriggan Jones

commontone said:
There's also that Pavel Lynchnikoff actor (that's probably totally wrong, but close). People think he's one of the guys holding Indy in the first production video, and it kind of looks like he has scars.

Ah! Yeah, I saw that thread. Didn't really notice the scars. Somehow I think Pavel's role may be a more minor one. I hope we get a full cast list soon. My money's still on Jijikine.heh :cool:

spiralout

The photo in Empire magazine suggests that Pavel Lychnikoff and Andrew Divoff play soldiers, not Dovchenko. So that leaves Alan Dale or Igor Jijikine as the role.

NamedAfterDaDog

Perhaps John Hurt, as it is still just a rumor of his being Abner Ravenwood (I think it is still a rumor, I haven't been checking up with his and his character's status LOL)

Spriggan Jones

Picture53.png

That looks like Dovechenko right there, and if I'm not mistaken that's Igor Jijikine. Thanks to IndyFalco for the screencap.

TennesseBuck

Spriggan Jones said:
Picture53.png

That looks like Dovechenko right there, and if I'm not mistaken that's Igor Jijikine. Thanks to IndyFalco for the screencap.

This looks like that nasty Nazi soldier from SAVING PRIVATE RYAN - the one that killed Adam Goldberg! :whip:

Spriggan Jones

Rayder said:
He kind of looks like a beaver to me

Lol. Funny you should say that. Perhaps he gets chewed up and sprayed all over the jungle by the Jungle Cutter. I can just see it. Indy and this Russkie duking it out as the Jungle Cutter inches towards them. The cutter saws down a tree that nearly crushes them. Indy is unscaved but the villains' bootlaces are caught up in the tree branches and he's dragged along with the rest of it into the spining blades. In classic Indy style we see nothing of the goon actually getting mulched, but perhaps a shot of several characters looking away in disgust followed by the Cutter expelling a large cloud of red tinted sawdust and woodchips!

Alas I don't think that will be Dovchenkos' fate, although I hope and feel they can put the Cutter to use in this way. Lol It may be morbid but I liked seeing the villains dispatched in a gruesome way via dangerous machinery such as a flying wing or rock crusher. I liked the boat sequence from TMK script far better than the one we got in TLC if you know what I mean. The lego descriptions and trailer does worry me that they may blow this chance again,perhaps literaly. I hope Indy and Co. are not in the truck for the whole sequence with the Jungle Cutter and that there's far more to what we've seen. You don't put a badass bladed peice of machinery in an Indy if you're not going to put it to good use! heheh!:gun:

If you look to the right in this screenshot, there appears to be a mound of somekind. Perhaps an ant mound? I think Indy puts poor Dovchenko to sleep with that blow seen in the teaser. By the time he recovers it's too late and he's swamped by the ants and carried away into the jungle.

NamedAfterDaDog

Hmm...
I don't *think* that looks like John Hurt, but maybe.. action figure faces are never that accurate. I think that it's going to be Ijor K-howeveryouspellit as Dovchenko and John Hurt as Ravenwood.

Spriggan Jones

spiralout said:
I'm wondering, is Dovchenko also the guy who hurls the chain at Indy and the big guy who punches him?

I think the guy hurling the chain at Indy on the rocket sled might be "Roosevelt" played by Andrew Divoff. I think the big guy who back hands Indy might be Dovchenko.

teaser_085.jpg

Indiana_Vs_Dovchenko_01.jpg

I think it's safe to say Dovchenko will be in both the warehouse scenes and later when the story shifts to South America.

indianajones006.jpg

Here's a blurb from the carded russian soilder that mentions a bit more about Dovchenko. Thanks to Tnswman for the early pics!:hat:

God'sRadio

Is the image in the trailer flopped? Note in comparison to the direction of the Sam Browne belt (the bit that goes across the chest) But the holster is on the same side...

Spriggan Jones

God'sRadio said:
Is the image in the trailer flopped? Note in comparison to the direction of the Sam Browne belt (the bit that goes across the chest) But the holster is on the same side...

Indy's strap seems to be correct so perhaps they just got it wrong for the figure or maybe the final coustume changed slightly from the concept after they made the molds?