Indiana Jones and the Gold of El Dorado Translation

JuniorJones

TR.N Staff Member
Translation - Part 20

Marcus and Indiana left the university and rushed back to Indiana?s house. They both couldn?t believe that the solution was so obvious. Now that they knew what they were looking for in Corda?s records it would be a virtually inexhaustible source of information.

The idea seemed so fantastic, that Stanley Corda was so convinced the fabled El Dorado existed that he was able to discover it.

"It?s inconceivable,? Marcus muttered over and over again. ?He has really found it! It exists, Indiana! And to think we were all convinced that it is only a legend! "

?The Spaniards, felt that it existed" said Indiana. After a few seconds of hesitation he added.? Well, probably, some of them found it...?

"...But did not come back, "Marcus said.

"But they would not be able to tell about it," corrected Indiana with gentle rebuke. "No, no. There must still be more.?

Indiana looked down thoughtfully at the papers he had spread in front of him on the table. They contained many of the answers to the location of the legendary land of gold, except one small thing - the place where it lay.

"Grisswald said something... "he added and thoughtfully continued. "A few of them, that have sold the items to Corda, become ill. Two of them are already dead."

Marcus' face darkened. "Corda brings shame on us all, "he said.?For what he?s done he belongs in prison. He finds El Dorado, a momentous discovery and can think of nothing better to do than to cram the bags! "

"I'm afraid it was not that easy. There's something wrong with this gold " muttered Indiana.

Marcus looked at him in shock for a second, then tried to laugh at him, but he failed completely, ?You?ll be telling me that a curse lies on the gold"

Indiana nodded seriously. "Exactly!."

"There is no such thing as a deadly curse," asserted Marcus - although he really should have known better.

?Nevertheless? nodded Indiana. "Your proberly right but perhaps there is an effect that amounts to the same thing."

Indiana thoughtfully placed his index finger on the chin. "I wonder what the F.B.I. man mean?t when he spoke of the Manhattan Project.?

Indiana looked at Marcus and noted that he looked uncomfortable with the question.

"What do you know?"Indiana asked.

"Nothing," replied Marcus, a little bit too hastily for Indiana.

?You know what that is, "noted Indiana. Marcus hemmed and hawed for a while. Finally he nodded.

"There are rumours, "he said. "Yes, I've heard of it. But it?s not for me to tell anyone.?

"Then don?t," advised Indiana. "Tell it to the fireplace or the grandfather clock. I?ll promise not to listen.?

Marcus made a face, reached into his jacket pocket and took out his tobacco pouch and lit his pipe.

"As I said," he began, "There are only rumours. But only alleged, that they have begun the process of constructing a new weapon in Nevada. "

"And," asked Indiana surprised

"A nuclear fission weapon," Marcus said.

Now it was Indiana, who was startled and shocked by his friend and stared in disbelief. "What?"

Brody put his pipe down and took a deep . He coughed a few times before he answered. "Yes, a nuclear bomb. Washington have feared for quite a while, that the Germans are going to construct such a weapon. They have now set everything in motion in order to beat them. They have been tinkering around on this thing for a year. The code name for the pro...?

?The project is ??Manhattan?," murmured Indiana.

Brody nodded and puffed nervously on his pipe again, enough to make the tobacco glowed bright red.

"But what does this have to do with Stanley, and El Dorado," asked Indiana confused.

Brody shrugged. "No idea," he said.

JuniorJones

TR.N Staff Member
Translation - Part 21

Before Indiana could go on talking there was a knock at the door. He rose, gestured to Marcus to disappear leaving with the paper and walked slowly to the door. The knock repeated just before he reached the door, and his time it sounded fast and nervous.

Indiana put the chain on the door before taking a half step aside and he knelt down to look. Outside the house stood Marian with a harried expression on her face. Indiana was quick to stand up to remove the chain and rip open the door. He firmly took Marian into the house with lightning speed, before closing the door again.

"Marian! Where have you been? Have you found Stan? "

She shook her head and looked instinctively at the closed door behind her, so that Indiana added immediately:

"Is someone is chasing you?"

?I'm not sure? she answered hesitantly. Indiana steered Marian gently to the couch and gave Marcus a sign: "Tell it to her," he said. "Everything." Then he hurried back to the door, stepped to the small window and pulled the curtains to form a small crack.

At first he saw nothing, the street was quiet and peaceful, as usual, only being frequented by a passing pedestrian or a single car.

Indiana stood watching at the window for five minutes, while Marcus and Marian behind spoke in muffled voices. Indiana was keen to to shorten his surveillance and joined them but he has spotted a lone car passing the house for a third time. Indiana caught a glance at the two men in the cab, not quick enough to identify them, but at least he saw who they were not, namely, Reuben and Henley, the two FBI men. He watched the car until it past into the horizon and disappeared, then he let the curtain slide back and went back to Marian and Brody.

"You were right," he said, turning to Marian. "Someone's following you. "
Marian was visibly startled, and Indiana raised the calm hand on her shoulder.

"I don?t think they coming here," he said.

"If they were, they would have done it already. It?s seems they are only tailing. Not too smart. "

"The FBI" asked Brody.

"No. They don?t seem that bright, but then again, what do I know. Amateurs, I don?t think we have much to fear from them.?

"Prephaps, one of them was involved in the raid on Stanley's house? " suspected Brody.

Indiana and Marian looked at each, then she looked away. "Marian, you must try to remember," he said forcefully. "You have to remember something. You said Stan had sometimes met with strange people. Has he ever mentioned a name? Or an address? A meeting place.. Anything? "

Marian shook her head almost automatically, but paused and thought for a moment. "I'm not sure," she said finally. "But someone called once. Stan was in the bath and had forgotten to lock the door of his study. He has become quite angry that I even went to the phone. "

"Who called?" asked Indiana.

"I don?t remember exactly," said Marian sadly."A Mr. Rogers or Rutgers or something like that ..." She shrugged her shoulders and looked almost embarrassed at Indiana.

"But he was an antiques dealer, as far as I remember. "

?Antiques dealer?" Indiana furrowed his brow in doubt. He knew every antique shop in the city, both the official dealer and the places that operated with a degree of legality, to say the least. But he had never heard of the name Marian mentioned.

"Are you sure?"

"Yes," replied Marian. "I think I can remember the address. 194th Kensington Drive "

Indiana exchanged a surprised look with Marcus. It surprised him not so much that Marian was so accurate that she could remember the address of the antiques dealer but that its name was Kensington Drive, the most notorious street in the city, the kind of road that you?d better avoid in brightest daylight avoided. It was either suicidal or foolish naivety for anyone to travel there as it was dominated by any number of dangerous street gangs.

"Are you sure?" Indiana quizzed.

Marian nodded. "I've asked Stan what he would be doing in this area, was he lost? But he did not respond. "

Indiana got up. "Well, we must think of the postives, he may have mean't well but it?s certainly worth investigating."

Marcus became a little pale, and took the pipe from his mouth. "You're not going to go there?"

"Not necessarily," said Indiana. "If you have any other options..."

Marcus' face lost even more color. "This is too dangerous," he said nervously.

"I know. But danger is my first and second name. "

"And your third, levity," said Marcus added darkly.

"You're crazy."

"You're telling me?" sighed Indiana.

JuniorJones

TR.N Staff Member
Translation - Part 22

In daylight, Kensington Drive appeared perhaps more sinister that it does at night. This was partly because Indiana had never actually been here after dark with the one exception when he was passing through and suffered a puncture. Today it didn?t help that the bright sun was shining down without mercy on the quarter to revel all of the shabbiness and squalor.

Surprisingly, this was not one of the poorest areas of the city as the houses on right and left of the Kensington Drive were just rundown from neglect. This was a place where big Puerto Rican women refused to close their windows and would rather leave them wide open. Men colored in white linen pants and vests stood in doorways eyeing each intruder with suspicion. Grubby children played noisily on the street or ran behind cars. Shady characters with scarred faces hid behind beards looking stressed and then as soon as the policeman walked through all would disappear quickly in the doors.

Indiana was certainly no policeman and, although different, they could all see the beat up Ford driving through the avenue with the man wearing the greasy felt hat.

Outside several houses were automobiles, pretentious and gleaming, probably more expensive than the buildings before they were left to go derelict. Throughout the avenue there was a whole number of dives, gambling houses and small shops with expensive fakes showing in the windows.

Indiana started to slow the car as he turned in the approached for 194th. Although, he was trying hard to appear cool he was nervous and aware that people could see his nervousness,. This was not good. Indiana Jones had enough experience in dealing with shady characters and criminals in order to know that they shared one thing in common with German shepherd dogs. Both felt that one is afraid of them and both are aggressive and dangerous on attack. Indiana had prepared himself but how well was something that he didn?t know.

In his right pocket he had place a small women's revolver, which whilst only effective at short distance it had had the advantage that it could hidden in a closed hand. In the front passenger seat of the Ford was a coiled bullwhip, his trusted aid for so long that had more than once come to his rescue.

Back at the House he had told Marcus to keep an eye on the outside street and to immediately call the police if anything suspicious occurs. He also asked Marcus to do the same if he wasn?t back within two hours.

Finally, he reached the number, drove the car to the curb and turned off the engine. He carefully attached his trusty whip to his belt and hid it under his jacket, as best he could and got out.

He was about to lock the car door but pulled the key away as something as simple as a door lock of a Ford wouldn?t take anyone in this area longer than ten seconds to open and if they were already in his car it wouldn?t be too hard to hotwire.

He then crossed the street, he felt eyes following him. No one spoke to him or stopped him has he headed for the door to a dingy shop.

There were two scary-looking characters whose pointed looks really shone through Indiana and it felt as they could see all the contents of his pockets within seconds.

Anyway, they must have been satisfied that he was no threat and left Indiana unmolested but turned their attention to scrutinize the car. Indiana was safe in the belief that they would not steal the car because it was so old that it was almost exclusively held together by rust and the prayers of its owner.

Before the entering the shop door he stopped and looked through the window at the darkened, dusty enclosed display party obscured by a blind. There was not much to see except a huge plated tray with nothing more than a four-piece imitation gold tea service that was missing the cream jug and handful of false jewellery.

Indiana pushed the latch open and a small bell that was mounted above the door rang as he entered the shop.

Once inside, the shop was cold and dark with low visibility as Indiana could only see shadows within the twilight. The store was tiny with the air smelling of a combination of mold and disinfectant. After a few moments when Indiana's eyes became adjusted to the low light he saw that the shop contained no shelves or displays only the width of a space-reaching counter screened by a metal railing.

He finally understood where he was and why he could not remember antiques dealer named Rogers. He was in a pawnshop.

Stoo

If I had $1 for each time someone said they would love for the German novels by Wolgang Hohlbein to be translated into English, I'd be able to book 2 tickets for commercial space flight with Virgin Galactic.

Where did these people disappear to? These days, no one seems to care. Junior Jones, even though your efforts have now become a thankless job, I for one, appreciate what you're doing (and also what punisher5150 has already done). Thank you both, so very much.:hat:

JuniorJones

TR.N Staff Member
Stoo said:
If I had $1 for each time someone said they would love for the German novels by Wolgang Hohlbein to be translated into English, I'd be able to book 2 tickets for commercial space flight with Virgin Galactic.

Where did these people disappear to? These days, no one seems to care. Junior Jones, even though your efforts have now become a thankless job, I for one, appreciate what you're doing (and also what punisher5150 has already done). Thank you both, so very much.:hat:

Like yourself, I am more than happy to make a positive contribution to the community and I hope that people can see there is a value in doing so.

Icybro

Stoo said:

I'm still here! And following Junior's work with great excitement. Between your comic book work, Stoo, and Junior and punisher's work here, these translations are some of the most impressive projects I've seen the fan community pull off. Many thanks to all involved. :)

JuniorJones

TR.N Staff Member
Icybro said:
I'm still here! And following Junior's work with great excitement. Between your comic book work, Stoo, and Junior and punisher's work here, these translations are some of the most impressive projects I've seen the fan community pull off. Many thanks to all involved. :)

Thanks and on that note...

JuniorJones

TR.N Staff Member
Translation - Part 23

In the iron grating above the counter opened a tiny flap, and a narrow, pimply distorted red face with eager eyes looked at Indiana.

"Huh? Mr. Rogers? " Indiana artificial cleared his throat, glanced over his
shoulder as if to convince him that no one was following and then stepped up to the counter.

"I am Rogers. What can I do for you? Do you want to buy something or get out" replied Rogers from behind the bars.

"Neither - yet," said Indiana. Again he looked around, and he knew Rogers would see his nervousness. But this was intentional.

"I?m not here as a customer. At least not directly.? he said.

Rogers looked at him quizzically, but with even more suspicion than before so decided to remained silent.

Indiana decided to go all out. "Professor Corda sent me, "he said.

Rogers still remained silent, but his reaction to the Indiana's comments showed on his face that he had hit the mark

"It's about the last delivery," continued Indiana.

"What a delivery? What are you talking about at all, man? I do not know. I have never heard of the Professor Corda." said Rogers.

"Really," asked Indiana. "Then I must have been well-deceived. I'll tell Stanley that he probably got this wrong and gave me an incorrect address. But if you get any trouble from your customers who complain then remember you are not with Stan or me."

Indiana turned on his heel and walked quickly to the door. He had almost reached and began to fear that he had exaggerated a little too much, but as it was Rogers called him back.

"Wait!"

Indiana stopped, turned around slowly and watched as Rogers opened a door in his counter and walked with laborious movements to him. Rogers moved mainly his right leg and held his right arm tight. There was something very uncoordinated about his movement

"What did you mean, trouble with my customers?"

Indiana shrugged his shoulders.

"Nothing. I must have be mistaken. Please excuse the error." He turned back to the door, and Rogers grabbed him by the shoulder and pulled him back. Indiana turned slowly and for one second looking hard at Rogers' hand. The little man with the pale, pimply face pulled his arm back quickly.

?Okay! Okay! One must be careful, right? I do not know. What with the last delivery? "he said.

"Maybe...have you still got them here??, said Indiana.

?Why?? suspicion flashed through Rogers? eyes.

"I need to view them," said Indiana. "It may be that one of the pieces is wrong."

"Wrong? Corda has - " Rogers' face darkened with anger.

"I said, it could be," Indiana interrupted him sharply .

"It is possible that you have tricked me. You have cheated?, Rogers said warily. His eyes were even smaller than they were anyway.

"You -I would hardly be here if that was the case," said Indiana quietly. "On the contrary. Stanley was very happy with the deals he has made with you. He may still have more for you. "

"It sounds like our last conversation but something different," Rogers said.

Indiana shrugged his shoulders. "Misunderstandings have occurred
before. To prevent this he has me as insurance. Are the goods are still here?"

Rogers hesitated, Indiana began to worry that he had again overdone it. But then Rodgers nodded. The old man reluctantly made a gesture to Indiana that he should follow him, and shuffled back to his desk.

The room behind the store was much larger but crammed to the ceiling with shelves full of boxes on boxes, radios, jewellery, watches, tools, weapons, musical instruments ... just the usual stuff that accumulates in a pawnshop. Indiana suspected that most of it was stolen anyway.

Rogers led him into an adjoining room, the door secured by a huge lock. It was surprisingly tidy and contained nothing but a small desk, two chairs and an old butvery solid looking safe. Rogers went to the safe and looked expectantly at Indiana, Indiana understood by discreetly turning to the side only turning back when the pawnbroker stopped turning the combination.

Once the clicking of the safe stopped Indiana lean over to take a closer look at the contents of the safe.

Indiana had trouble hiding his surprise when he saw what was in the safe. In addition to all the bundles of cash, securities and certainly more than a hundred golden wrist and pocket watches that were on several velvet trays but more importantly, two dozen of those little golden figurines that he had seen one in Grisswalds office. They represented different things: animals, leaves, branches, Flowers ... Some were just shapeless lumps of gold in different sizes, and two or three figures seemed clearly to involve art. As they were revealed Indiana found it impossible to assigned a specific culture or era to the pieces.the pieces to

"What are they?" asked Rogers and put the trays on the desk.

Indiana came closer and leaned over curiously. Hesitantly, he stretched out his hand to one of the small gold objects. Somehow he had the suddden feeling that it might be best to not touch them. He did not know why he had this idea but it was too much that he could simply ignore.

"Is that all?" He asked as he straightened up again.

"Yes," replied Rogers. "It -"

The sound of the bell above the door interrupted him. Indiana frightened turned around, took a step to the door and stopped again. Outside was a woman's voice calling Indiana. Rogers looked alternately to Indiana, the outside voice and the opened safe. Obviously, the idea of leaving a stranger alone with all his treasures did not pleased him but even before he came to say something, they heard steps approaching, and then the door to his office pushed so quickly that it flew against the wall.

"Marian! What are you doing here?" Indiana said surprised.

"What are you doing here?" Rogers stared at the woman, turned to Indiana and snapped, "What does that mean? Who is this woman?"

"They're after me," Marian said breathlessly. "Marcus attacked and - "

The rest of her words fell beneath the smashing of glass and the noise of breaking wood. Marian took another stumbling step and fell into Indiana?s arms, while Rogers scared cried out, trying to get his pot of gold gathered from the desk to gather and back into the vault. Of course, he did this too hastily with the result that his half of it fell down to the floor.

Indiana registered almost in passing that one of the pieces broke into two parts. He wasted it little more than a passing thought because he had hands full calming Marian. He released her from his grip and she blurted sentences as fast choppy fragments that only he could possibly understand.

"Marcus, FBI and men..." It hardly a second before he understood what had happened: the splintering of wood repeated and almost at that same moment there appeared a gigantic figure under the door to Rogers' Holy of Holies. Indiana was frightened for second time and this time more so because has he recognized the figure.

The face of the figure had indeed dramatically changed but it was undoubtedly the one of the same guys who had broken into Stanley?s yesterday.

The figure seemed almost at the same time recognize Indiana and his closely spaced eyes appeared to sparkle. He took a step towards Indiana, swept Marian with an almost casual motion to the side and stretched out his arms. Indiana waited until the last moment and ducked, grabbed the outstretched arm of the giant, pulled with all his force to turned it around its own axis but half his body weight abruptly shifted forward and this was his undoing as the force made him fly over the bent shoulder and smash into the floor. Indiana blacked out.

JuniorJones

TR.N Staff Member
Translation - Part 24

Indiana?s head hurt him so much that he seriously wished, from the very first moment when he woke, he was dead. He was handcuffed and laying on his side on a bare stone or concrete floor in darkness with a pale grey glimmer of light circling above. Even though the light was so weak it made him groan in pain when he tried to opened his eyes.

He quickly closed his eyes and clenched his teeth to suppress a renewed cry of pain. The hammers in the back of his head were gradually subsiding and the pain was no longer unimaginable but only intolerable. To the same extent the pain had subsided he enough for him to began to clearly perceive his surroundings.

He could not see very much as the gray light was too weak but made vague outlines out of the twilight. He heard a low moan and the sound of one or more people that moved in his immediate vicinity. Then a voice whispered his name. A voice he knew very well but the pain in his head was still too violent that he couldn?t hold a clear though.

"He waking.? said another voice, after a few moments he realised it was Marian. "Thank God. I was afraid the giant guy had killed him. "

"Do not worry - he has a hard head. In every respect." This time he could identify the voice and with a surprised jerk he turned around and sat half-up, he regretted this in the same split second because the noise in the back of his head increased to a bombardment of a whole battery of heavy naval guns.

Groaning, he closed his eyes and settled back to fall forward until his forehead touched the gray concrete floor. Only after a few seconds and much more cautious than first ventured he dared to straighten up again and to turn the head into the direction, from which he had heard Marians' and Marcus' voices.

"Marcus?" He asked, surprised. "What are you doing here?"

?The same as you. Being tied up!? Marcus replied calmly.

Even without the pounding pain in his head Indiana was not in the mood to be joking. But he controlled himself and swallowed the angry reply.

"What happened" he pressed.

?I've been foolish, they came when you were just gone." said Marcus.

"These gangsters?" Replied Indiana.

He heard Marcus shook his head. "The two FBI men you told me about. They just had a lot of stupid questions...?

"And," asked Indiana, when Marcus did not continued. Brody hesitated a moment.

"I thought I got rid of them, "he said. ?But barely a minute later after they left there was a knock atthe door and thought, they had forgotten something or ... "

"Or?" hooked Indiana.

Marcus said no more, and Indiana fell silent. He could imagine how Brody was feeling. Now, he felt no more anger. Marcus Brody was no hero. He never claimed to be one. Indiana had no reason to doubt whether there was ever anyone in the world who could have refused the giant guy who had beaten him for more than a few seconds .

"I'm sorry, Indiana, but they have forced me to bring them to you. I..they pulled me as we climbed into the car they were too fast. " murmured Marian.

"It?s okay," said Indiana. "All this does not matter."

"It does," Marcus growled. "I could have been wiser and not let them in. You impressed on me not to open the door. But I was a fool - "

"Relax," said Indiana again. "You haven't done any wrong, Marcus. I probably would have not acted any differently in your place.?

Somewhere in the darkness behind Marcus came a chuckle from the darkness. Indiana tried with difficulty to draw his knees and turn to head in the direction of the laughter. It was repeated again a few seconds later and the a shadow in the dusk began to peel. The shadow did not come close enough for Indiana to see but he had a bad feeling about it.

"How noble, Dr. Jones ? said a rasping, unpleasant voice. "If I were in your shoes, I would now like to punish Mr. Brody"

"Who are you?" said Indiana.

The figure laughed, took a few shuffling steps, and Indiana saw that the man hobbled. Although, he was always half hidden in the shadows Indiana could recognize that the man was a cripple, he moved to the right, obviously stiff leg, and his shoulders were at different heights. The right arm was in
an unnatural angle and attitude also seemed useless.

"Who are you?" Indiana asked again.

He got no answer but behind the cripple there was more detail, with two more shadowy outlines in the blackness - one of them was so great that Indiana knew immediately who he faced. And obviously the crippled with the unpleasant voice was their client.

"My name is Ramos" he finally said in his thin, unpleasant voice.

"Interesting," said Indiana. "And who are you?"

Ramos laughed again and took a step toward him.

"A fair question, Dr. Jones," he said. "I think we have not yet had the pleasure. It so much pleased me that you have accepted my invitation. I hope you will excuse the small inconveniences. "

Indiana gave him a dirty look. "Listen, stop with the nonsense and say what you want from us?? he snapped. Ramos cocked his head and looked down at him.

"From you? Nothing. "He shook his head. "But from your adorable friend, Mrs. Corda... "

JuniorJones

TR.N Staff Member
Translation - Part 25

"I do not even know who you are," said Marian.

?"I believe you," said Ramos. "But your husband knows of who I am. He and I had a business transaction agreed. I have my side partially met - but unfortunately not your husband. "

"Listen, Ramos," said Indiana. "I do not know which crooked business Stanley has entered into with you, and neither does it interest me. But it is between you and Stanley - do it with him and not with his woman. Marian does not know about Stanley's business. "

"I am almost inclined to believe you, Dr. Jones,? answered Ramos. "You see, I've been using Professor Corda work for a while and think I know him quite well. But what should I do? I've spent a lot of money and effort. I also have obligations. My business partner expect that I comply with them. Professor Corda has something that belongs by right to me. "

"Then you look for him and ask him about it," Indiana said. "I -"

"I..? interrupted Ramos," have a principle, Dr.Jones, of which I never leave. I always get what what I want. Nobody robs me. Do you understand what I
mean?"

At least Indiana believed it as a swift icy showers ran down his back. He gently sat down and tugged at his bonds to test their strength. As soon as he did a sharp pain cut into his wrists and he understood that he was not tied with rope, but with a thin wire. Any attempt to break his bonds would just cause pain or further injuries.

"Let us talk like reasonable men, Mr. Ramos, "he said. Ramos came closer, followed by his two shadows. Indiana could finally see that he was as crippled
and deformed, as he had previously thought. His face was an ugly, evil dwarf and his eyes were milky white balls without pupils. He was blind.

"I listening, Dr. Jones," he said.

"I do not know with what kind of business you and Stanley had concluded, and it does not interest me, "said Indiana. "But I give you my word that Marian has nothing to do with it or know about it. "

"Who says I doubt it?"

"Your men were in Cordas House,? went on Indiana. "And have no doubt they thoroughly searched it. If they have not found what they were looking for then why does it serve to have us caught."

"I know," Ramos said with a smile.

Indiana looked at him confused. "I don?t think I understand - "

?I think you understand very well, Dr. Jones, "said Ramos. "As I said before I know Professor Corda. I think he would not return to the aid of his wife. Not even for what I want from him. "

"Why make this attack," asked Marcus.

"A fair question, Mr. Brody," said Ramos. "I'll be glad to answer. You see, I have inquiries to make, not only about Professor Corda, but also you and Dr. Jones. What I want from you is simple: Professor Corda has gone since yesterday morning and in spite of all efforts to find him it has come to nothing. But, I think there is someone among who will succeed. "

"I do not even know where he is, "said Marian. Ramos smiled and shook his head. "I speak not of you, my love, "he said. Then he turned back to Indiana
and looked out of his sinister, blind eyes at him. "I think we have understood each other."

Indiana stayed silent.

"What are you talking about?" Marcus asked, confused. This time it was Indiana, who responded to Ramos'

"He wants me to find Stanley, "he said. ?And I guess you?ll both will be staying here until I'm back. "

Ramos mockingly clapped his hands. "I see, I have not mistaken you, Dr. Jones, "he said, smiling, "And I'm pretty sure that you will continue not to disappoint me especially since I am giving you exactly three days to find Professor Corda, before I begin to start cutting the fingers and toes off your friends. Each day, one piece.?

Marcus sucked in his breath sharply, and Marian gave a faint cry. Indiana looked at the blind piercing criminal. Ramos was still smiling, but it was the coldest, wickedest smile that Indiana has ever seen. Threats like this he had often heard, prehaps even worse. But he knew that Ramos said his words seriously.

"Three days is too little," he said. "I -"

"Three days," interrupted Ramos. "And the rest of today- I do not want to be petty. And if you are still not inspired, be advised that I am with Mrs.Corda and will continue to cut, after your friend is in pieces, if you are not back. "

"He's bluffing," stated Marcus.

"No, he?s not " Indiana said quietly.

"I do not. In fact, Mr. Brody,? said, Ramos quiet. "I assure you that I never lie. But I expected this reaction. I need only to convince you that I am serious - "

He half-turned and gave the two men behind a signal. "Bring him here."
The two disappeared for a moment in the dark and when they came back, they introduced a third, squirming Shadow between them. As they came nearer, Indiana saw that it was Rogers. As he and Marcus and Marian were probably restrained from the hands and feet, Rogers also wore a gag, so tightly that he hardly breathe. He struggled as violent as he could, is eyes were large and wide with fear but it was to no avail against the grip of the two gangsters.

Ramos turned around and looked in the direction from where Marcus' voice had come. "You think I am bluffing? "He smiled coldly. "Bring him closer."

"No," said Indiana. "Why -?"

Rogers reared up again with desperate force, for he too has heard Ramos' command. But his defense was futile. While the giant guy held him alone, the smaller gangster pulled a knife from his jacket, flicked open the blade out and with an almost leisurely movement buried it into Rogers heart. Rogers fell motionless to the ground when the crooks grip went slack.

Marian turned away with a whining sound, while Marcus and Indiana staring in bewilderment. "Why?"

?Why did you do that? That ... that was pointless, Ramos." Indiana finally said.

"Perhaps," Ramos said quietly. "But it focuses you, Dr. Jones. Anyway, It is not particularly sorry for him. He was a creature that had deserved death long ago. "

Indiana stared at him stunned. It was not the first time he and death had met. It was not even the first time that he witnessed a murder. But he had rarely seen a man killed in cold so casually, totally pointless and a unnecessary show of force.

He heard Marcus's breath behind him with Marian's slightly faster and with her struggling to hold in the sobbing but he did not turn to them instead he stared Ramos. And even though the blind eyes of the criminal's could peiceve nothing but eternal darkness, Ramos seemed to feel his eyes because after a while he twisted his lips into a thin, evil smile.

"I see we have understood each other, Dr. Jones," he said.

Indiana had understood. And anyway, against his better judgement, he tried again.

"Listen, Ramos' he said insistently. "We do not know where Stan is. But I give you my word that I will tell you if I find it out. Please do not hurt Marian or Marcus. I will find Corda, I promise you. "

Ramos laughed softly. "How stupid do you take me, Dr. Jones?? He asked.

"I -" began Indiana. But he did not continue to talk because Ramos made a lightning-fast, almost invisible movement with his left hand and gave Indiana a slap that left him helpless only to fall backwards and onto the concrete floor . Indiana could only see a range of colourful stars dancing before his eyes, and the taste of his own blood filled as it filled his mouth.

"Remember, Dr. Jones," said Ramos. "Three days, expected to start early tomorrow.?

Hoping to get this kickstarted again.

It will take some time. But I see a break coming up in my school work. Hopefully we can get some more chapters up in the next few months. It won't be quick, but I haven't forgotten about this...

Especially since it looks like we are not going to have any further "official" adventures, in either comics, novels, or YA books. Any help would be appreciated.

JuniorJones

TR.N Staff Member
punisher5150 said:
It will take some time. But I see a break coming up in my school work. Hopefully we can get some more chapters up in the next few months. It won't be quick, but I haven't forgotten about this...

Especially since it looks like we are not going to have any further "official" adventures, in either comics, novels, or YA books. Any help would be appreciated.

I'm going to knock out a few pages over Christmas and then we can co-ordinate in the New Year.

Stoo

I keep forgetting that I have 1 or 2 of the Hohlbein novels but can't remember which titles.:eek: My Indy collection isn't near me at the moment but will check in a couple of weeks. If "El Dorado" is one of them, you guys can count on some extra help.:)

Otherwise...Looking forward to more, Punisher & Junior!(y)

IndyBr

Wow, thanks a lot! It's great to finally be able to read the german novels. I was having a hard time finding then to buy (But I don't speak german, yet), coming to the raven and seeing this, was a real happy surprise.

I hope you guys keep up with the good work. (y)

JuniorJones

TR.N Staff Member
Translation - Part 26

June 14, 1943

Even though the events of the last days actually were depressing Indiana awoke again this timw with the worst headache of his life. Bright sunlight stung like needles into his eyes as he raised his eyelids and in the back of his head sat a hideous dwarf swinging a Blacksmiths hammer. Indiana guessed that it was the same dwarf as the night before because it already had been the same fist that hit him in the same manner to transport him into the land of dreams.

After all, he thought sarcastically that he had a good chance that it couldn?t be worse. If he and Ramos' giant baby still met several times in the same way, he would certainly soon have a cornea in the neck. Cautiously, he tried to sit up. The pounding in his head lessened but now, at least, he registered knowing where he was - not in Ramos' warehouse, but in his own, totally devastated living room.

He groaned and raised his hands, hid his face for a moment between his fingers and waited for the dull, rhythmic rumble between his temples to finally subside.

But it did not happen, and after some further seconds, he finally understood why. The hammering was not in his skull, but it came from outside the doorway. With a movement of his head he looked up with a raging pain, a violent dizziness and thought for a moment.

Indiana was much too dazed to even think hard about it and thought who of could be standing there in front of the door knocking so frantic. Staggering more than walking, he dragged himself to the door and needed two attempts to grab the knob and flipped it upside down, and pulled it open to a small crack.

A split second later, the door was completely thrown open, and Pat and Patachon marched in.

While they were a little easier on Indy they stomped around the devastation with mixture of distrust and ill-disguised glee. Reuben beat Indy to shutting the door and with a loud bang Indiana's skull appeared too fully to burst but he challenged himself on.

"Good morning, Dr. Jones," Reuben said with an ironic emphasis.

"What should be good this morning?" Mumbled Indiana. He
raised his hand, pressed his thumb and index finger for a moment
against his eyes in subduing the pain as without that he could not continue.

"That must indeed a wild party last night," Henley said sarcastically. He turned and looked at Indiana challengingly. "Or did you have a visit?"

"You know it is the visitors that interests us?" Reuben said to Indiana. Indiana gave the two a dirty look, feeling his way into the kitchen and tried with trembling hand to set the gas stove to set in motion in order to brew a cup of coffee.

Reuben saw him a moment to this, then shoved him with a silent shake of his head aside and lit the flame with a little gold lighter that he took from his pocket. Apparently, he had come to the conclusion that Indiana had a good chance at that moment to blow up house in the air.

Indiana smiled gratefully, somewhat forced and took a tin with pre-ground coffee from the cupboard and tried in vain to to open the clasp with his trembling fingers the. Reuben shook his head again; he took the tin from Indiana and took over this work.

Indiana looked him with to growing astonishment. "Why the sudden kindness??

"Sit down, Dr. Jones," said Reuben. "Start from the beginning? "

Indiana gave up an answer, did what the FBI agent had advised him and dragged himself into the living room.

The clearer his mind became, the more clearly he understood the extent of the devastation his home had fallen into. It was not just the signs of a fight he saw but with exception of the couch, on which he had awoken, for the most part all the furniture was overturned and broken.

On the shelves was not a single book and even pcture that had not been torn from the walls. Obviously, Ramos' men had a destructive free rein and this was what was left behind.

"You do not look well, Dr. Jones," said Henley.

"If I look like, how I feel," muttered Indiana, "Then I must look awful."

The "do" in fact, Henley replied, very seriously. "Should I will call a doctor??

Indiana resistance at the last moment of temptation, to shake his head, and left it with a muttered "No."

Henley drew his eyebrows together, put his hands in the pockets and looked around with a frown further.

?Ramos??, finally asked.

Indiana still hesitating for a few seconds but then realized it would be pointless to continue to play the ignorant.

"What do you know of Ramos." he said.

"Probably more than you, Dr. Jones," answered Reuben, at that moment he came from the kitchen balancing three cups of coffee. He put the clanking load on the table down and then looked for a place to sit down, and continued after a pause: "If you have told us the things you know, everything would have been saved along with your headachess!"