Hello

AimieD

Hello Everyone :D

I've just returned to the forum after an extended break (apparently my last visit was Christmas 2009)

I haven't stopped loving Indy but life and work has kind of got in the way of being active online with the things I love most (Indy and Harrison Ford)
But good news I am back, it appears I have loads to catch up on!

But I have some news myself: December 2015 my life changed, I met my hero, I thought I would never meet him, but there we were at the Star Ward Premiere and we spent 30 seconds together and he called me sweetheart :cool:

fi1Bwc.jpg

Sea Monarch

Hello, AimieD, and welcome back to the loveliest, friendliest andI (as far as we know), only bar in Nepal! Always, good to have another Indy fan return to the "fold".
I've been known to be absent for a spell or two myself, regrettably, due to my often busy life, as well. Important thing is, we always know the way back home, "where everybody knows your name".

Regarding the picture, um, [highlight]WOW!!!!![/highlight]

i gotta admit, at first glance I believed it, then the odd shade of Mr. Ford's complexion and how it looks washed out made me thinking, Ah, Photoshop, until I bothered to scroll to the right on the window of my screen! That's when I realized it was totally legit!

I ask that you pardon my initial "kneejerk" reaction of incredulity. I suppose it's also because Harrison strikes me as never having been a fan of the spotlight and fans in general, and only seems to grow increasingly annoyed with such frivolities, with the passage of time, making your photo opp, and friendly meet-cute with Harry exceptionally rare and Extra-Special! I'm surprised you waited this long to post it! :whip: :hat: Congrats on meeting your Hero!!

AimieD

Sea Monarch said:
Regarding the picture, um, [highlight]WOW!!!!![/highlight]

i gotta admit, at first glance I believed it, then the odd shade of Mr. Ford's complexion and how it looks washed out made me thinking, Ah, Photoshop, until I bothered to scroll to the right on the window of my screen! That's when I realized it was totally legit!

I ask that you pardon my initial "kneejerk" reaction of incredulity. I suppose it's also because Harrison strikes me as never having been a fan of the spotlight and fans in general, and only seems to grow increasingly annoyed with such frivolities, with the passage of time, making your photo opp, and friendly meet-cute with Harry exceptionally rare and Extra-Special! I'm surprised you waited this long to post it! :whip: :hat: Congrats on meeting your Hero!!

Totally real ;) Star Wars Episode VII London Premiere. It was a very surreal day as 4 hours after meeting him I watched the midnight screening and I was overcome with emotions.

I did also get a cheeky smile out of him, which I didn't think was captured on camera, until I watched the live stream back on youtube and the entire interaction (25 seconds) was caught on camera

01b2vc.jpg

As for taking so long to post it, well, it still hasn't really sunk in. I look at the picture and think, was I really there standing next to this wonderful man? My good friend Richard (who I believe is hiding somewhere on this forum!) was with me and we shared this beautiful moment.

He was a little reluctant at first, but I think he saw my dvd cover that he had signed for me was the Mosquito Coast and not Star Wars/Indy and realised I was a fan of his more than anything and then he agreed to the photo, which may explain the lack of a smile, but to be honest I don't care. I'm stood next to Indiana Jones!!

Drones33 said:
Hello Aimie, welcome back, and of course...
DOUBLE WOW.
Thank you :) it was very special. I don't think anything will ever compare to that moment in my life ever again