General Indy 5 Thread - rumors and possibilities

Honestly...will there be another Indy film in the next decade?

• Total voters

Michael24

A_True_Believer said:
Don't hold Shia's past against him when he's done much better since then.

Actually, when you sit down and watch it, Even Stevens was a really good show. I loved it.

Yure

I'm just grateful that the movie I'm gonna see next week is gonna be pure Indy. For the future, who can tell. I don't think anyway Harrison would endorse an Indy movie where he features as a mere sidekick. A spinoff... who knows, too much of a distant future, but at this time I'm concentrated on Indy 4, and that will be 100% classic Indy, and that's fine to me :)

nitzsche said:
I think more so than Lucas having lost something over the years, it's a part of the fanbase that lost something. You people have lost your heart and part of your soul. Just go sulk and be emo someplace else. No one cares about you anymore. There is nothing being created for you anymore. You are no longer the target audience. Go away and pout someplace else.

How old are you kid? 12? You weren't even born when the real Indiana Jones films were made. You don't know Indy.

sandiegojones

nitzsche said:
I think more so than Lucas having lost something over the years, it's a part of the fanbase that lost something. You people have lost your heart and part of your soul. Just go sulk and be emo someplace else. No one cares about you anymore. There is nothing being created for you anymore. You are no longer the target audience. Go away and pout someplace else.
Agreed. I think the thing they lost was girlfriends!

Plus if history has shown anything, Lucas doesn't care what people think cause he'll do what he wants.

Kernunnos

nitzsche said:

No, you go away.

The suggestion that Indiana Jones should be devalued and relegated in this way is absolute blasphemy. Only a complete utter mongtard could possibly defend it.

sandiegojones

Kernunnos said:
No, you go away.

The suggestion that Indiana Jones should be devalued and relegated in this way is absolute blasphemy. Only a complete utter mongtard could possibly defend it.
Dude, Indy cannot last forever as HF is pushing 70. If this is a way to continue the adventure while still incorporating Indy then I say cool! It's better than not having HF at all.

jamiestarr

Agent Spalko said:
How old are you kid? 12? You weren't even born when the real Indiana Jones films were made. You don't know Indy.

As a person in my 30's let me say this, the "kid" is right.

Salacious

nitzsche said:

Well, I cannot deny that since I am not part of the ADD generation. I am 30 yrs old...guess Hollywood dont care about me anymore. Fine with me! I grew up in the golden age of movies in the late 70's and 80's and early 90's!!! :D (y) :D (y) Truely the best generation of movies from Hollywood came from those times.

You new younger fans can have Mutt Williams, Speed Racer, Spiderman, etc etc. The only true blockbuster movie I have liked in the last 5 years has been Batman Begins...it blew me away. Everything else wasnt that great.

Rest in Peace Indy! Bring on Mutt! I'll be happy to spit at the posters on the wall of movieplexes!

nitzsche

No, you selfish spoiled rejects need to grow up. Give a little to the next generation. Ford was delighted to be part of Young Indy. He may not want to do Lucas' idea, but a Mutt Williams series is a perfectly fine idea. You're all just so damn selfish and totally arrogant to assume you should have any control or say over any of this beyond simply saying, "I won't be going to a Mutt Williams movie" PERIOD. You don't have to go to it, you don't have to even go to KOTCS if it bothers you so much Shia is in it. But you have to consider your sanity by hanging around and discussing something you hate so vehemently.

So again, you go the hell away.

Kernunnos

jamiestarr said:
As a person in my 30's let me say this, the "kid" is right.

The "kid" is a total tosser if he thinks Indiana Jones can play the lesser character alongside a pansy little mong like Shia La Poof.

sandiegojones

Adamwankenobi said:
Guys, just come out and say it: a TRUE fan would hope and pray that Shia will not take the lead. :p
What makes a true fan? I see the films, own the DVD's and have the soundtracks and eat at Burger King!

That's more fanboy BS! I'm a movie fan and if they make another film I'll see it, cause I'm a true fan, and I'm 30!!!

Salacious

sandiegojones said:
Dude, Indy cannot last forever as HF is pushing 70. If this is a way to continue the adventure while still incorporating Indy then I say cool! It's better than not having HF at all.

As blasphemous as this will sound....I would rather have Indy recasted and have Indy adventures continue instead of....I cant even say it....Mutt....:sick: ....Williams. :sick: :sick:

Skipper

Agent Spalko said:
That kid has obviously never seen Raiders of the Lost Ark. If he did he would never say such blasphemy.
Sometimes I get the impression that a lot of people on this board are Raiders fans first and Indy fans second. I'm the other way around.

Kernunnos

nitzsche said:
No, you selfish spoiled rejects need to grow up. Give a little to the next generation. Ford was delighted to be part of Young Indy. He may not want to do Lucas' idea, but a Mutt Williams series is a perfectly fine idea. You're all just so damn selfish and totally arrogant to assume you should have any control or say over any of this beyond simply saying, "I won't be going to a Mutt Williams movie" PERIOD. You don't have to go to it, you don't have to even go to KOTCS if it bothers you so much Shia is in it. But you have to consider your sanity by hanging around and discussing something you hate so vehemently.

Mutt Williams having his own series? Fine. The current generation of deformed little drips can have that.

Just don't humiliate Indy by making him less important than that greasy little flid.

A_True_Believer

sandiegojones said:

I disagree. I would rather see the character go out on a high note than watch him slowly wither away in a humiliating fashion.

In other words: "No Indy is better than 'Sidekick Indy'".

Salacious

nitzsche said:
\ But you have to consider your sanity by hanging around and discussing something you hate so vehemently.

Uh....yet you are here doing the opposite. I'd question your sanity as well. Now go change your diaper.

nitzsche

Kernunnos said:
The "kid" is a total tosser if he thinks Indiana Jones can play the lesser character alongside a pansy little mong like Shia La Poof.

This 37 year old kid knows Ford playing Indy will never come across as a lesser character under any circumstance. Ford knows what he is doing and that's why he is so praiseworthy of Shia and gladly accepted the KOTCS script which includes a son for Indy.

Deal with it.

Arab Swordsman

nitzsche said:

Not that a movie is an equal comparison but how did that work for the founding fathers discussing their hatred for England?