General Indy 5 Thread - rumors and possibilities

Honestly...will there be another Indy film in the next decade?

• Total voters

The Man

What kind or species of Indyfan would want to see Indiana Jones in a supporting or cameo role? What the flying-f**k is wrong with you? I want all Indy or none at all. Anybody who even attempts to rationalise this idea should go rent Caravan Of Courage. Unless, of course, you already own it. Spin-off, my balls!:mad:

drwynn

Agent Spalko said:
<object width="425" height="355"><param name="movie" value="http://www.youtube.com/v/CPzDjaA03ts&hl=en"></param><param name="wmode" value="transparent"></param><embed src="http://www.youtube.com/v/CPzDjaA03ts&hl=en" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" wmode="transparent" width="425" height="355"></embed></object>

All right...I might not "get" some of that vid...or think that some of it i particularly funny. But, man...that part when Lucas gives notes to Spielberg to the tune of Indiana's theme is friggin' hysterical!

"Hey there, Steven?it?s me George.
Saw the dailies, thought they really sucked.
But, it?s ok, I have notes?
Please add Jar-Jar, a race car, a Death Star, a galaxy far, far away?
don?t be gay, add Padme!"

Classic!

GlasgowChivas

Holy Smokes!

Conflicted.......so very conflicted....

Most me is screaming NOOOOOOOOOOOO!!! It's Indy's series - he needs to stay front and centre!

but then.....

Harrison is 65 now.....even if they start the scirpt IMMEDIATELY, and they all approve it, and they shoot straight after Speilberg's Lincoln it will be at least another 18 - 24 months.....by which point Harrison will be just TOO.OLD.

And lets face it - if they produce a script that fast - it's bound to be crap..

And while George's plan is to allow Shia to handle the action and therfore get around Ford's years - who really wants to see that?

KOCS is compramised enough by Mutt - and I say this as someone who actually approves of his inclusion as Indy's son - but Mutt has got a major action sequence of his own in this - something granted to no other Indy sidekick - did Sallah get to fight Nazi's in a set-piece, did Marcus?! No.

So while I want to see more Indy I don't want it if the price is seeing Harrison relegated to the sidelines....until Indy is known more for being a wise side-kick rather than the hero

BUT...this is Hollywood talking

And ALL of the principals love Shia - including Harrison, maybe especially Harrison - I've never see him so warm towards a co-star before...

So this...just...may happen..

And we geeks will watch it - just like george knows we will

But ultimately ...in my heart of hearts...I belive Spielberg will be the one to deep-six this

He wants to move on as a director - he's already said numerous times this was a fun, but unneccessary return for him

So fingers crossed he says NO.

Seriously geeks, get them crossed

CHIVAS OUT!

The Man said:
What kind or species of Indyfan would want to see Indiana Jones in a supporting or cameo role? What the flying-f**k is wrong with you? I want all Indy or none at all. Anybody who even attempts to rationalise this idea should go rent Caravan Of Courage. Spin-off, my balls!:mad:

Yes, why can't Lucas let Indy and Star Wars just end and make something new? He has all the money in the world and he still keeps milking these two franchises to death.

Kernunnos

nitzsche said:
This 37 year old kid knows Ford playing Indy will never come across as a lesser character under any circumstance. Ford knows what he is doing and that's why he is so praiseworthy of Shia and gladly accepted the KOTCS script which includes a son for Indy.

Deal with it.

Do keep up.

We're not talking about KOTCS, you dullard.

We're talking about the possibility of a sequel where Indy plays second fiddle to a weedy little prat like Mutt. That's just not acceptable to anybody with a brain who cares about this franchise.

Salacious

Considering that Indy 4 is made and will be out in a week...and with the possibility of the series continuing as Mutt adventures if Indy 4 does well.............

I hope Indy 4 now bombs at the BO.

Mutt = BBO. :p

nitzsche

This concept is far better than recasting the role of Indiana Jones a la James Bond. A spin-off series with Mutt is a perfectly viable idea.

If for some reason Harrison wants to play some part in it, then good for him. He loves the Indy character and it's obvious.

If he doesn't want to do it, then that's perfectly fine too - you still have a perfect vehicle to continue with a new series in the same tradition as the Indy flicks. The "Indy" formula works - it's a formula that should be kept alive throughout the coming decades.

The Man

Salacious said:
Considering that Indy 4 is made and will be out in a week...and with the possibility of the series continuing as Mutt adventures if Indy 4 does well.............

I hope Indy 4 now bombs at the BO.

Mutt = BBO. :p

A very salient point. Lucas has now given the doomsayers all they could ever need to trash Crystal Skull in advance, which could well keep less loyal orknowledgable fans away from what should be a great movie.

nitzsche

Kernunnos said:
Do keep up.

We're not talking about KOTCS, you dullard.

We're talking about the possibility of a sequel where Indy plays second fiddle to a weedy little prat like Mutt. That's just not acceptable to anybody with a brain who cares about this franchise.

I know what we're talking about. But some are still crying like asinine babies about Shia even being in Indy 4 and now their panties are in a wad over a Mutt series that is only an idea in Lucas' head and far from a reality.

The lesson here is to not cry about imaginary things. Now, step off, son.

Salacious

I cant wait to read the talkbacks at AICN when they hear about this. This news is the equivalent of AICN finding the fountain of youth. :whip:

Arab Swordsman

What's wrong with just ending a franchise? Why does it have to continue as a spin-off or relegate main characters to secondary roles in order for the franchise to continue? I know the realistic answer is money but can't the creators of this fantastic series have enough respect for what was done already (including KOTCS) and end it when the time is right?

Salacious

nitzsche said:
I know what we're talking about. But some are still crying like asinine babies about Shia even being in Indy 4 and now their panties are in a wad over a Mutt series that is only an idea in Lucas' head and far from a reality.

The lesson here is to not cry about imaginary things. Now, step off, son.

I have no issues with Mutt :sick: :sick: :sick: Williams in Indy 4.

Now go change your diaper. :gun:

Arab Swordsman said:
What's wrong with just ending a franchise? Why does it have to continue as a spin-off or relegate main characters to secondary roles in order for the franchise to continue? I know the realistic answer is money but can't the creators of this fantastic series have enough respect for what was done already (including KOTCS) and end it when the time is right?

I know. Why can't Shia go do Transformers 2,3 and 4 and stay the **** away from Indy?

The Man

Arab Swordsman said:

There's nothing wrong with it. Those who love Indiana Jones/Harrison Ford can let it go with grace.

Adamwankenobi

The Man said:
What kind or species of Indyfan would want to see Indiana Jones in a supporting or cameo role? What the flying-f**k is wrong with you? I want all Indy or none at all. Anybody who even attempts to rationalise this idea should go rent Caravan Of Courage. Unless, of course, you already own it. Spin-off, my balls!:mad:

I'm part of that rare breed. I own the Ewok movies, the Droids and Ewok cartoons, and multiple copies of the holiday special.

tnswman

gallandro said:
Seriously, some people on this board need to get a life. This is nothing new, there were already rumblings that Shia would take over the mantle from Indy after this adventure. If you don't want to watch it then don't go... jeez.

It's not like this isn't the first time this has happened with an iconic film character. Republic Picture's, Son of Zorro (1947), continues the adventures of Zorro with one of Don Diego's descendants. Two years later Zorro's grandson takes over the whip and black mask in Ghost of Zorro.

As for the cries that the Star Wars Prequels show Lucas has lost his mind.... WAAAAAAAAHHHHHHH! Sorry they weren't the prequels you wanted but the success of the films both domestically and internationally show that the whining, rants of a small but very vocal minority were ignored by the general public.

Yancy

Exactly, It's not like Star wars died..In fact, It created a whole new Generation of viewers...Had we all still been kids in 1999, we would have LOVED it...I honestly do not know what people were wanting with the new trilogy, the same old stuff as before?