The Avengers

Montana Smith

RedeemedChild said:
Yes, it serves as a reminder that today is astonishingly Hump Day

Who the in the devil knew that such a holiday EXISTED? :eek: But, yesh, with women being so obsessed with My Little Pony AS IF THEY WERE PRESCHOOLERS they needa go humping on something.

BTW, I have nothing against women who watch My Little Pony. It's just that I can't see how an adult can turn down a date with her husband at a fine restaurant for MY LITTLE PONY! But then again, a woman might think the same thing about her husband who turns her down for an episode of Friday Night Lights or Adventure Time.

How did The Avengers turn into humping ponies? This is a bait and switch of Pythonesque proportions!

However, this...

asian-girl-teddy-bear-gif.gif

...is strangely hypnotic...

Sadly there is nothing erotic about reaching the peak of the working week, unless something else is always planned for a Wednesday.

Goonie

Another new trailer, bring on more Peel!

With all the explosions, you'd think Michael Bay was involved, especially with that end scene.

Stoo

featofstrength said:
here's something more a-Peel-ing...
Too right, featofstrength. Fantastic find!(y) In addition to your a-Peel-ing thing, here is a frontal view of that blue outfit:

wallemmapeel-blue-Emma-Peel-wallpaper-diana-rigg-9806941-804-604.jpg

Hawkeye (haggard lil bro of Dan Craig?), Widow(acting?), Fury(Sam I-havent-been-cool-since-97 Jackson), and Banner(third times the ch...aw forget it.) have never been so unappealing.

this, however...
cY9i56e40oomkm0fSindmDquo1_500.jpg

classic.

Le Saboteur

Hmm... since they're almost assuredly working on the sequel already which of the dozens of superheroes to have been an Avenger do we give screen time too?

West Coast Avengers?

Great Lakes Avengers?

tumblr_kqb6jwqqgu1qzvw5po1_1280.jpg

Joe Brody

Le Saboteur said:
Hmm... since they're almost assuredly working on the sequel already which of the dozens of superheroes to have been an Avenger do we give screen time too?

West Coast Avengers?

Great Lakes Avengers?

tumblr_kqb6jwqqgu1qzvw5po1_1280.jpg

Judging by that image, it looks like the Scarlett Witch is a Kardashian.

Last edited:

Goonie

Le Saboteur said:

West Coast Avengers?

Great Lakes Avengers?

Since Daredevil joined the New Avengers, how about an appearance by him so that his movie franchise can be rebooted?

But I'm still hoping for Sean Connery in a teddy bear costume...
:whip:

roundshort

Not a fan of comic book movies, I really have not been Watching anything about this movie. Last night a good friend of mine went to the premier. He reviews movies and DVD releases for a few major publications. He is also not a fan of comic book movies, but he loved it. He said it was several times better than any of the single story movies. Also said the new Hulk really steals the show and to watch the upcoming previews. I guess I will have to go see this thing

Joe Brody

Super hero movies have become such a talent and money suck, that they can't be ignored. Ken Braunaugh directed Thor for crying out loud.

Violet

Moderator Emeritus
Seen this. I was bit disappointed and I enjoyed the singular entries. The pacing was rather slow and most of the action in the movie was in the climax. The characters themselves were as they should be and I like this new Hulk/Banner way better than Norton and Bana- this guy reminded me more of the Bill Bixby version, which is a pro in my book.

Other than that, I felt there could have been better connections between the characters. I admit, I'm not a big Whedon fan personally, however had gone into this with an open mind, as I thought maybe the reason why I didn't like Serenity was because I didn't see the Firefly series, and maybe I didn't like Buffy because I'm not a big fan of the demons/vampires genre.

So I thought going into this, with understanding of all the characters and their backstories, there shouldn't be an issue this time- especially since I see so many Whedon fans at cons- there must be something to like about this guy's work. But alas, it seems it wasn't meant to be. This film seemed a tad mechanical, whereas Iron Man and Captain America films had more heart in them- and that's what I think lacks here. Favreau would have been a better choice of director- he seems to handle a cast of big characters/leads well (ala Cowboys versus Aliens) and also has better pacing/sense of humour (ala Iron Man 2).

fenris

Watched it again today. All I can say is I found it "fun"! In my opinion, the movie is just that - something fun to watch. No need for critical thinking; unless you're a huge fan of the comics and just want to nitpick on the inconsistencies of this and that, blah blah blah.

I do wonder how it would've turned out if Favreau directed it? Maybe it would've been more fun! I liked his work on the ironman films.

Forbidden Eye

It's not the best movie ever made or anything, but it's a lot of fun.

I remember this site quoting Joss Whedon in an interview that Raiders was one of his influences: That is definitely true in regards to the Hulk as there are a couple of moments similar to that infamous swordsman gag.

Temple Raider

Seen this twice already, absolutely love it. One of my favorite movies ever, words fail to describe what an incredible experience it is.