Indiana Jones and the Tomb of the Gods !!!

Violet

Moderator Emeritus
The Iron Phoenix one is pretty cool but I see your point with the others you've shown.

yodazone

I'm surprised the new series cover looks like that after the Official movie adaptation's cover ranks up there with the best early Indy covers:

15034.jpg

No loss in quality with this cover!

(y) (y) (y)

xVendetta17x

The KOTCS Cover looks really good
The only problem I have with it is the expression on Indy's face looks somewhat strange
And the accent of his scar makes it look like he has a huge mole on his chin

yodazone

xVendetta17x said:
The KOTCS Cover looks really good
The only problem I have with it is the expression on Indy's face looks somewhat strange
And the accent of his scar makes it look like he has a huge mole on his chin

lol....i'm hoping they lower the picture a bit to make room for the Title and logos for the final comic cover.

They should place the comic title hovering above Indy's hat instead of blocking it. They need to give Indy more head room up there!

(y) (y) (y)

yodazone

The new cover is here!!!! By Tony Harris!!!

IJatTotG1.jpg

INDIANA JONES AND THE TOMB OF THE GODS #1

Rob Williams (W), Steve Scott (P), Michael Atiyeh (C), and Tony Harris (Cover)

On sale June 29
FC, 40 pages
$2.99
Miniseries

Dr. Henry Jones Jr. may be the world?s preeminent archeologist, but that doesn?t mean he?s spent his life in the library! Ready and able to do whatever it takes to preserve the final remnants of history?s most significant happenings, he?ll go head-to-head against Hitler?s elite who want nothing more than to exploit objects of ancient power in pursuit of world dominance!

Be there for the beginning of this roller coaster thrill ride of non-stop excitement as Indiana Jones dons his hat, packs his whip, and undertakes an endeavor more awesome than anything ever!

Indiana Jones sets out on an all-new adventure that will take him around the globe!

UltimateManGod

That cover is pretty darn sweet my friend. I will definitely be picking up that comic. I like how they describe the adventure as "more awesome than anything ever!" I won't pass judgement on that statement until I read the comic.

Snakes

I'd buy that comic just for the cover! Great stuff, I really like all of Tony Harris's stuff. Wish he were doing the interiors.

yodazone

"Indiana Jones & the Tomb of the Gods" issue #1!

IJatTotG1-1.jpg

Dark Horse delivers with another awesome Indy cover!

Now where did WIZARD get the old thumbnail "so-called" cover scan from???

comic_tombgods_tn.jpg

Very misleading! Wizard Magazine has been real unreliable!!!

xVendetta17x

They probably used it to throw people off
But I sure am cappy with the new cover
Kinda miss the old painted versions but I suppose the style has changed

yodazone

Another thing about the new Dark Horse/June solicitation is that the new series' actual penciler is Steve Scott!

Here are preview pages from another series to see his artwork:

http://www.darkhorse.com/profile/profile.php?sku=15-501

And what the heck happened to the announcement of Dustin Weaver as penciler that "Wizard Magazine" mentioned was on the new Indy series???

Wizard Magazine publishes false information in thier articles!

They posted the wrong Indy cover scans and wrong interior artist!

Agh!!! Boycott "Wizard!"

(y)

xVendetta17x

It is curious how they would lie like that
I was looking at Steve's other stuff
And he's quite good
This comic is going to be quite promising

Inbanana

That cover looks much better, but... Nazis? ...again? Anyway... I've never been much of a comic collector, except for the few Indiana Jones ones I had as a kid, like, the Further Adventures and movie adaptaions. Hmm... I might have to pick this up...

xVendetta17x

Well they've covered the majority of his life pre- WWII
So it's probably taking place during WWII and Nazi's are the obvious bad guys
And plus we all enjoy seeing indy kick some Nazi ass:whip:

Inbanana

True... I guess its just that I'd like to see more different locations and enemies... but then again, nothing is really "exotic" in todays world.