where can I geta good unfinished idol?

rouss25

I have the sideshow and one haunted studios. I was wadering if the idol can be bought without plating or painted so I can fix it up as a hobby. I want a mold thats accurate and made out of a strong heavy resin , not the foam stuff real art or haunted studios uses. and someting a lil smaller than the side show.(luv the side show but that has to be oversized from the movie version.

Mickiana

There is the money box one that some people did a really good job of enhancing. It already looked pretty good to start with. From memory, they filled it with plaster, reshaped the money hole and I think reshaped the hair 'grooves' and then painted or coated them to a more realistic gold appearance. I'm trying to remember who sold them. I will do a search and get back to you.

Indy's brother

Mickiana said:
There is the money box one that some people did a really good job of enhancing. It already looked pretty good to start with. From memory, they filled it with plaster, reshaped the money hole and I think reshaped the hair 'grooves' and then painted or coated them to a more realistic gold appearance. I'm trying to remember who sold them. I will do a search and get back to you.

Here's the tutorial on it.

I was thinking maybe the finishing touch on this might actually be to buff it with some automotive wax, just an idea.

Mickiana

Indy's brother said:
Here's the tutorial on it.

I was thinking maybe the finishing touch on this might actually be to buff it with some automotive wax, just an idea.

That's the one. Affordable and not too difficult approach to having your own Chachapoyan idol without facing spiders, spears, pits, darts and outrunning a swift boulder, not too mention a professional nemesis and murderous natives!