Hello! Just got an account four days ago or so, and am looking for friends. =)

Which of these Indy scenes are your favorite?

• The fight on the Flying Wing with the German Mechanic

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • The siafu ant fight with Colonel Dovchenko

Votes: 0 0.0%

• Total voters

The Drifter

Colonel Corey said:
Hey, Finn? I have a question. :) On the thirteenth (two days ago), I was banned for trying to report someone for cursing. I was only banned until the fourteenth (one day ago), but why was I banned? Isn't it violation if one curses? :confused:

There is a thread under Feedback called Moderations and Other Concerns. It's where questions like this are usually asked and answered. That or use the PM feature.

Colonel Corey said:
Hey, Finn? I have a question. :) On the thirteenth (two days ago), I was banned for trying to report someone for cursing. I was only banned until the fourteenth (one day ago), but why was I banned? Isn't it violation if one curses? :confused:
Was it a curse word that Indiana Jones, Marion , or Mutt used?

Montana Smith

Rocket Surgeon said:
Was it a curse word that Indiana Jones, Marion , or Mutt used?

I'm assuming it's the same word used by Indy in the original version of The Genesis Deluge, and not the one "on a stick".

The case in question likely follows an image of Indy in his coffin. ;)

The rest, as The Drifter advises, should be elsewhere.

Finn

Staff member
Colonel Corey said:
The curse word you reported was this. If you look at the timestamp attached to it, it was posted four years ago. Now, if it's happily sat there for that long for all to see, then it should be pretty obvious that frankly, nobody gives a damn. Another giveaway should have been the fact that the next poster in said thread was the site admin who probably couldn't help noticing it either. And if he let it be, then everyone else lets it be.

We know you're new, but reporting that was like calling the police after you saw someone jaywalking, and when they get to the scene (if they get there), you tell 'em it happened two months ago. They won't pat your head for that.

Oh, we don't need reminders like this either. Everybody who frequents the place are supposed to know what the rules are. And in case they don't, it's the job of the staff to set them right on that count. Not yours. Going 'round and trying to be a forum cop when you carry a badge of no kind isn't going to get you any friends.

Though that was not the only thing you need schooling with. Another no-no that caught the upkeep's eye was the (now-removed) second post in this thread you opened. This is the Internet and sometimes things happen fast, but it's still live people behind most of its operations, so sometimes they don't. So NO BUMPING, whether it takes an hour or a year for someone to respond.

Then. Your posting habits in general. Awful lot of what we call "zero-content posting" in there. I mean short messages that mostly consist of short quips such as "That's Cool" or "Weird" or "I agree" (no, the smilies don't make 'em any longer) that don't really add anything to the discussion. Your personal opinion doesn't matter unless you're more elaborate and tell us why it is you think this way. This is a message board, not a chatroom. In fact, I noticed Rocket Surgeon trying to give you good advice in the "favorite scene" thread. Listen to Rocko, he knows this country, how it hums. He's learnt it, sometimes the hard way.

We know you're young, but that doesn't really cut you any extra quarter. We expect a semblance of maturity from all our members, no matter the actual age. Fail to display that, and I'm afraid we'll have to suspend you again, this time for good.

Now, before you make another post, I suggest you go around the boards a while, and observe what other people do, or more importantly, what they do not do. And when you think you've got the grasp of that, then start posting again. There is no need to imitate anyone, we're all cut from different cloth, but despite that, there is a certain flow to the ongoings of this place. Disrupt that, and the staff is bound to take notice. In fact, if you hadn't made clear who you are and where you're coming from, we probably would have booted you already. So maybe there is a bit of quarter after all we're willing to cut you. A bit.

So... let's see whether you're fit to frequent this place or not after all, or whether some growing up is still required.

Last edited:

Colonel Corey

kongisking said:
In the words of good ol' Carl Denham: "Keep your chin up!" :hat:

Thanks, KIK! Oh...wait...can I call you, "Kick" for short? Kong Is King, KIK for short, get it? :p I'm just kidding. I know it's dumb...Kick...:hat: