What's Harrison Ford doing these days?

IndyForever

TFA was a little Indy like in places but Harrison certainly looked a lot older than KOTCS either the new cameras give too much detail or Harrison has simply aged a lot more.

I think he really needs to start Indy 5 soon sadly his age is becoming an issue now he seemed a little weary in TFA despite not having that much to do onscreen (although he was in about 45% of the movie).

Finn

Staff member
IndyForever said:
TFA was a little Indy like in places but Harrison certainly looked a lot older than KOTCS either the new cameras give too much detail or Harrison has simply aged a lot more.

I think he really needs to start Indy 5 soon sadly his age is becoming an issue now he seemed a little weary in TFA despite not having that much to do onscreen (although he was in about 45% of the movie).
Mm-hmm. And as much as we all love the man, it's kinda hard to imagine how he could look less weary in a movie where he's expected to be present 100% of the time and have plenty more to do.

If they can pull that off and not make it look incredibly fake in the process, I'll tip my hat to 'em. And be happy to give 'em my money too. But if they can't, well... it's time to pass the whip.

I mean no disrespect to Mr. Ford, on the contrary. But clinging onto him past his due date DOES mean disrespect to the character of Indiana Jones, who still has many stories left in him.

Gear

I haven't had the chance to see 'TFA', yet, but I agree with you guys. I think we gotta respect where Ford's at in life, as opposed to the Ford we see with our Raiders colored glasses.

Age is subjective, yes, but phases in life are ever-changing.

But.. Whudo I know. Haven't even seen VII yet.

Olliana

Looked incredibly good for his age, but yes, of course he looks a little older now than he did 7 years prior. At times, he looked even younger to me, must have to do with his facial expressions and trademark grin. It's a mixed bag, but all in all, he's still one hell of a guy.

Silvor

I think the reason he looks a bit older in the movie could just be that he's quite a bit thinner than he was in Skull.
The thinner you get the older you tend to look. And remember, he broke his ankle at the start of the shooting of the movie too, that could be a contributing factor to his weight.
I think he looks more like regular self on photos taken nowadays.

micsteam

Silvor and others, I saw TFA yesterday morning 9am EST, yes Ford looks slightly older than KOTCS ( 7 yrs !) but really looked good and believable. Yes, I had some very almost emotional moments while watching the movie just because..(I saw these movies from the beginning in 1977 !!) I never thought I'd see Ford play Han Solo again ... it was F*&%ing AWESOME !!! It's a great movie, maybe not the originals but fantastic. I'll see this again at least twice before it leaves theaters. :hat:

Toht's Arm

I did think that he looked a lot less convincing running The Force Awakens than in Crystal Skull, but hopefully they were scenes shot too soon after his ankle issues...

Major West

Don't judge by appearances. Ford survived and recovered from a plane crash this year. How could he possibly not be fit enough to play Indiana Jones still. :D

Grizzlor

Toht's Arm said:
I did think that he looked a lot less convincing running The Force Awakens than in Crystal Skull, but hopefully they were scenes shot too soon after his ankle issues...

He has always portrayed Han as a bit clumsy, while Indy was more sure on his feet. Age shouldn't be a huge factor if he does IJ again.

Forbidden Eye

Ford was great in The Force Awakens, easily the most enthusiasm I've from seen him in years.

Do I think he's still able to pull of being the lead of an Indy 5? Hard to say. All Han Solo really has to do is use a blaster and "fly" the Millennium Falcon, not really required to do the same amount of stunt-work that's required of Indy.

Still seeing Ford in The Force Awakens(which includes the movie and all the publicity leading up to it) its easily the most energetic of Ford I've seen in years. If he's able to keep much of that same energy and spirit for another movie, I can see him leading one more Indiana Jones film before inevitably passing down the Fedora to a new generation.

Major West

Forbidden Eye said:
Do I think he's still able to pull of being the lead of an Indy 5? Hard to say. All Han Solo really has to do is use a blaster and "fly" the Millennium Falcon, not really required to do the same amount of stunt-work that's required of Indy.

Don't forget a lot of the stunt work done in Indy was done by stuntmen. ;)

Z dweller

Forbidden Eye said:
Still seeing Ford in The Force Awakens(which includes the movie and all the publicity leading up to it) its easily the most energetic of Ford I've seen in years. If he's able to keep much of that same energy and spirit for another movie, I can see him leading one more Indiana Jones film before inevitably passing down the Fedora to a new generation.
I agree that Ford looks much better in TFA than in KOTCS, despite being seven years older.

And I must admit that I am extremely surprised with that, it almost feels like he was more committed to Han Solo in TFA than to Indy in KOTCS...

Is he still energetic enough to lead a full Indy movie?

I say no - but definitely good enough for an extended bookend-type role (if they get going with it asap, of course :rolleyes:).

weaponx24

Im hoping that they get this thing rolling sooner rather then later. I think Harrison could pull it off one more time but they have to stop dragging their feet and get it done soon. He was great in TFA. Very energetic, and looked to be having fun. Hope they get something going ASAP!

Z dweller

RicMadDogBuxton said:
Looks great should keep the beard for Indy 5 looks exactly the same as he did on the set of that mystery of the blues scene. The young Indiana Jones series.
I wouldn't stretch it that far, but I do agree that he looks better, and that it would work well if Harry got to play Indy again (echos of Henry senior).

However I would prefer a clean shaven older Deckard, particularly if in BR2 it is confirmed that he is indeed a replicant - despite the fact that other replicants have been known to favor facial hair.

3315662411_28b2d38a26.jpg

Z dweller said:
I wouldn't stretch it that far, but I do agree that he looks better, and that it would work well if Harry got to play Indy again (echos of Henry senior).

However I would prefer a clean shaven older Deckard, particularly if in BR2 it is confirmed that he is indeed a replicant - despite the fact that other replicants have been known to favor facial hair.

3315662411_28b2d38a26.jpg

He looks exactly the same as he did in that fugitive film, give or take a few years. Certainly doesn't look like he is nearly 74, they are wasting time when the script should be ready now, Harry is waiting on them!! He also should have been in all three new star wars films, but it's His choice, I think he's never been attached to that character like he is to Indy.