Syfy's New Year's Twilight Zone marathon

WilliamBoyd8

The author of "Time Enough At Last":

Marilyn Venable, who wrote the short story that the classic Twilight Zone
episode "Time Enough At Last" is based on, at the senior residence she calls
home in El Cerrito on Nov. 29, 2012.

A venerable woman of 85 living in a retirement community in El Cerrito.
A self-described loner with a passion for the printed page, burdened by thick
glasses and a lifelong fear of breaking them somewhere, unable to get them repaired.

If this scenario sounds vaguely familiar, replace Marilyn with Burgess Meredith
as the bookish little character, Henry Bemis. Trade "somewhere" for the bleak,
black-and-white landscape of a man-made apocalypse, everything gone but the book
stacks in the public library. Then throw in a pair of shattered spectacles, rev
up a truckload of irony and travel into another dimension, of sight, of sound,
of mind. At the signpost up ahead, your next stop -- one of the all-time classic
episodes of ... "The Twilight Zone".

http://www.contracostatimes.com/columns/ci_22263716/give-em-hill-credit-enough-at-last

:)

Goodsport

WilliamBoyd8 said:
The author of "Time Enough At Last":

Marilyn Venable, who wrote the short story that the classic Twilight Zone
episode "Time Enough At Last" is based on, at the senior residence she calls
home in El Cerrito on Nov. 29, 2012.

A venerable woman of 85 living in a retirement community in El Cerrito.
A self-described loner with a passion for the printed page, burdened by thick
glasses and a lifelong fear of breaking them somewhere, unable to get them repaired.

If this scenario sounds vaguely familiar, replace Marilyn with Burgess Meredith
as the bookish little character, Henry Bemis. Trade "somewhere" for the bleak,
black-and-white landscape of a man-made apocalypse, everything gone but the book
stacks in the public library. Then throw in a pair of shattered spectacles, rev
up a truckload of irony and travel into another dimension, of sight, of sound,
of mind. At the signpost up ahead, your next stop -- one of the all-time classic
episodes of ... "The Twilight Zone".

http://www.contracostatimes.com/columns/ci_22263716/give-em-hill-credit-enough-at-last

:)

That's awesome, WilliamBoyd8! Thanks for that. :cool:

The marathon is now underway.

-G

Dr. Gonzo

Hahaha, just saw the episode titled "Black Leather Jackets"

Bikers/greasers from outer space... Mutt Williams is on the case!

Goodsport

Regarding the upcoming marathon (Wednesday, 12/30/15 - Sunday, 1/3/16):

For the first time ever, Syfy is scheduled to air every single episode of the original series in order, including the episodes "The Encounter" featuring a young George Takei (never aired in the U.S. since its original broadcast until now) and "An Occurrence at Owl Creek Bridge" (aired only once since its original broadcast until now). Even taking Thursday evening's two-hour broadcast of WWE Smackdown into account (Syfy's only non-Twilight Zone content during the marathon), it'll still be the channel's longest-ever Twilight Zone marathon, starting earlier and ending later than past Syfy New Year's Twilight Zone marathons. :cool:

-G

Duaner

I always look forward to this. It's a great way to spend the New Year's holiday. My favorite episodes are: "Will the Real Martian Please Stand Up?", "Two" (love Charles Bronson), "The Hitch-Hiker", "People Are Alike All Over" (love Roddy McDowall), "A Stop at Willoughby", and "Nightmare at 20,000 Feet" (possibly my favorite).

Goodsport

Duaner said:
I always look forward to this. It's a great way to spend the New Year's holiday. My favorite episodes are: "Will the Real Martian Please Stand Up?", "Two" (love Charles Bronson), "The Hitch-Hiker", "People Are Alike All Over" (love Roddy McDowall), "A Stop at Willoughby", and "Nightmare at 20,000 Feet" (possibly my favorite).

Hopefully they'll show all of your favorite episodes this year, Duaner. :)

Unlike last year (but like the previous years), not every single episode will be shown. :(

Nonetheless, there's now less than a week to go until the start of the next marathon! :cool:

-G

Goodsport

Less than a week to go until the start of the next marathon! :cool:

Of particular note is that this will be the first time that episodes from the 2019-2020 Jordan Peele produced version of the show that first aired on the Paramount+ app will be included in this marathon. In this year’s case, there’ll be three such episodes airing consecutively on January 1st.

-G