New 10' Whip from The Noble Collection

Las Vegas Jones

What does everyone think of this?
NN1002CN.jpg

Here is the ad copy "An authentic full functioning replica
of the whip used in the Indiana Jones movies.
Measures 10 feet in length. Made of fine leather. Display included."
NN1002LN.jpg

It looks pretty good to me, and $199, not the cheapest or the most expensive

I am wondering, how well it will crack?

My wife gets this catalog all the time, I am seriously considering getting one

Las Vegas Jones

Last edited:
Indiana Jones shop

This is the same whip they've had on Indiana Jones shop for a while now. It says on the official shop site that the whip is from the Noble Collection. Same price, too. It does look very, very good.

adventurestuff

Great looking whip

Looks like it is made well. I like the brown lead.
I'm pretty anxious to see if anyone reviews it right away.
Great price for a all leather whip!

W

adventurestuff

Noble Collection Whip

:whip:

Ok! I just pre-ordered the whip from the IJ store. They have the ship date as being in August. The Noble Collection website won't be shipping the whip until September. Probably a contract thing with LucasFilm.

I will post pictures and a review as soon as I've received it and had a chance to test it out.

W.E.

Patty Boh

Shame it isn't coming out until late August since I have an event I'm dressing up for in early August. But it's ok because another one is coming up in October so the outfit should be complete by then.

Bvance

Just wondered if anyone has an update on this yet and could post a review. It said it would be shipped in late August.

Indy Croft

is that the only one or are there more of those. As long as it cracks well and i can use it for sports or like a professional, i'll try to buy it but sadly, it can happen years later only when i professionaly get a job (I'm just 16 years old!!!!:dead: )

kevblee

This whip has been delayed until the very end of the month....I called Noble to find out why the date keeps getting moved. This will be the third delay on its release.

Nurhachi1991

Indy Croft said:
is that the only one or are there more of those. As long as it cracks well and i can use it for sports or like a professional, i'll try to buy it but sadly, it can happen years later only when i professionaly get a job (I'm just 16 years old!!!!:dead: )

What are you trying to say? That you woun't be able to afford one till you get a job or you won't use it untill you get a job?

pete33

sorry for bumping an old thread, but i have been very curious about this whip and i dont know if anyone here has boughten it. is it any good in person? personally i think it looks superb.

InexorableTash

pete33 said:
sorry for bumping an old thread, but i have been very curious about this whip and i dont know if anyone here has boughten it. is it any good in person? personally i think it looks superb.

The photos make it look... unappealing. The construction - notably the plaiting - is chunky, the leather is very thick, the fall is extremely rough, and so on. I doubt you're going to get feedback from anyone that knows whips well and has bought one, since no-one that knows whips well *would* bother spending the premium on one.

The close-up photos of the whip do make it resemble, at least in part, a 7' cow-hide whip I own that was made by Bernaro Del Carpio for Western Stage Props when he was first getting started (he's now a master craftsman). I love the whip (it was my first leather whip), but it is heavy, coarse, and doesn't resemble Indy's whip at all.

If you want something that looks far more screen accurate, has the look of a high-quality whip, and is much cheaper - and, as an added bonus, can actually be cracked - pick one up from Todd's Costumes:

http://www.toddscostumes.com/costum...s-bull-whip/indiana-jones-bullwhip-bull-whip/

Those look great hanging on your wall or your belt.

Last edited:

indyclone25

i have a 8ft and 10 ft todds whip and they crack so well! the noble whip was trying to cash in on the indiana jones craze and it even said it was only for decor. so why spend 200 bucks to have it hang on the wall ......:p