Guilty Pleasures of Film

AndyLGR

Fletch. I dont know what it is about it, but having seen it as a teenager in the 80's I loved the plot, the music and Chevy Chase is just so 1980's. I still dig this movie out on dvd and give it another watch.

Montana Smith

Indy's brother said:
As of last night:

super_dvd.jpg

Saw a trailer for this on a DVD the other day. Looks like a good companion to Kick-Ass.

Indy's brother

Montana Smith said:
Saw a trailer for this on a DVD the other day. Looks like a good companion to Kick-Ass.

Maybe, but Super is darker, grittier, and more set in the real world, despite an odd hallucination.

Dr. Gonzo

Montana Smith said:

Actually the real companion to this is a Woody Harrelson film called "Defendor".
It takes the same concept as Super in a slightly more dark and sad direction. Still funny though.

Defendormovie_wallpaper_pictures_photo_pics_poster240210140251Defendor_Woody_Harrelson_8.jpg

Goodeknight

Do I have to be ashamed to say I'm a guy who enjoys good chick flicks. I'm married, so at least I have an excuse for watching them.

My wife does give me a hard time about a few films I like, including Mystery Men, Legend, Highlander, and Zardoz (which certainly qualifies for this thread).

On the tv front -- and this really is a guilty pleasure -- I love America's Funniest Home Videos. I could watch it all day. We refer to it as, "Ow My Balls," which is the name of a fictitious show in "Idiocracy." Great and insightful movie.

Okay, I should probably add Idiocracy to the list.

HJTHX1138

The Black Hole - Pretty damn cool premise, nice robots and a gory death in a "Disney" movie

The Super Mario Bros. Movie - It has nothing to do with the games and falls flat everywhere, but you cannot deny it's imaginitive weirdness.

I'd definitely say "Cabin in The Woods" should in be there somewhere . . .

kongisking

HJTHX1138 said:
The Black Hole - Pretty damn cool premise, nice robots and a gory death in a "Disney" movie

The Super Mario Bros. Movie - It has nothing to do with the games and falls flat everywhere, but you cannot deny it's imaginitive weirdness.

I'd definitely say "Cabin in The Woods" should in be there somewhere . . .

I don't think Cabin should be guilty at all...it's a brilliant homage to horror tropes, and I think is intended to be a dark comedy/horror send-up. I personally loved it, and that's really saying something, since I have a deep dislike of modern-day slasher flicks.

Anyone agree?

HJTHX1138

kongisking said:
I don't think Cabin should be guilty at all...it's a brilliant homage to horror tropes, and I think is intended to be a dark comedy/horror send-up. I personally loved it, and that's really saying something, since I have a deep dislike of modern-day slasher flicks.

Anyone agree?

When you put that way yes, I just tried not to get to deeply involved in the brillance and just let it come and go, to do it's thing . . .

but you make a good point, it's awesome for people who are normally not into that kinda thing and double-y awesome for people who are.

HenryJunior

The Wizard (1989)

The_wizard_poster.jpg

It's a feature length ad for Nintendo and Universal Studios. Nothing's funnier than 1980's adult actors who know nothing about videogames try to act like they do.

And remember, "I love the Power Glove.... It's so bad."

300px-NES-Power-Glove.jpg