The Complete Making of Indiana Jones

phantom train

Quote:

"Apparently, I missed something big... I own every Star Wars 'art of' or 'making of' book so I figured I didn't have to buy the 2007 'Making of Star Wars' book...Was I wrong? Is there stuff in the 2007 book that wasn't in the older ones?"

I got the "Making of SW" that came out last year, and haven't regretted it - it does have info. and some pictures that have never been seen before, including a lot of detail about what G. Lucas went through to make the film. However, if you're hesitant about buying this (since it's not cheap), I would recommend checking it out at the bookstore beforehand.

Crack that whip

Astonishingly, I don't have it (the Star Wars book) yet myself, but I've seen it and it's magnificent. For a fan, it must surely be one of the most essential books in one's Star Wars library.

Yeah, the Star Wars book is not only the best Star Wars making of book, but probably the best making of book of any movie EVER, its truely amazing, step by step, day by day account of the making of the movie, reconstructed from diaries, interviews, call sheets etc. Really really cool

So, yeah, the indy one should be great

No Ticket

Jeremiah Jones said:
Yeah, the Star Wars book is not only the best Star Wars making of book, but probably the best making of book of any movie EVER, its truely amazing, step by step, day by day account of the making of the movie, reconstructed from diaries, interviews, call sheets etc. Really really cool

So, yeah, the indy one should be great

I haven't read the Star Wars one yet... could you link me to it or could someone else? I'd like to see that one too.

Crack that whip

My pleasure!

(Really, this has to be seen in person to be appreciated. If you're thinking about it but aren't sure, I recommend you try to find a copy in person in a bookstore or library.)

fixer79

phantom train said:
Quote:

"Apparently, I missed something big... I own every Star Wars 'art of' or 'making of' book so I figured I didn't have to buy the 2007 'Making of Star Wars' book...Was I wrong? Is there stuff in the 2007 book that wasn't in the older ones?"

I got the "Making of SW" that came out last year, and haven't regretted it - it does have info. and some pictures that have never been seen before, including a lot of detail about what G. Lucas went through to make the film. However, if you're hesitant about buying this (since it's not cheap), I would recommend checking it out at the bookstore beforehand.

Thanks for the tip, Phantom. I'll go check it out as soon as I can :)

sunshinestate1992

fixer79 said:
Looking incredibly forward to buy this book!

Slightly off topic...
Apparently, I missed something big... I own every Star Wars 'art of' or 'making of' book so I figured I didn't have to buy the 2007 'Making of Star Wars' book...
Was I wrong? Is there stuff in the 2007 book that wasn't in the older ones?
Its big and AMAZING it has all the scripst storylines drafts artwork ect.

i bought it for the develoment and indiaan jones making of is what i have been waiting forr

Violet

Moderator Emeritus
I haven't even seen the SW one down here. I wonder if the Indy one will turn up down here.

Bowie Fett

I'm looking forward to this book. I was hoping for a hardback version but I'm sure the book will be made of quality material. Has anyone received the book?

:whip:

DraculaDillenge

Found it today, "used".

Found it today in Toronto on Yonge St, "used" for $19.00. ABC Books had 5 sterling copies of it, along with 5 copies of the hardcover KOTCS novelization sitting on their film shelf.
Fairly exciting. Classy book, too.

Agent Z

Bowie Fett said:
I'm looking forward to this book. I was hoping for a hardback version but I'm sure the book will be made of quality material. Has anyone received the book?

In the comments section, someone mentioned Amazon UK having the hardcover edition, but it's like $37 shipped. I think I'll contact Amazon or the publisher and see if the US site will offer the hardcover edition.

EDIT: Here is the hardcover item page at the US Amazon site. Sign up to be notified.

Bowie Fett

Nice! I hope it is released soon. I ordered the softcover, which will be released in a few days. I prefer the hardcover, however, I do not feel like waiting several months...

:gun:

Bowie Fett

DraculaDillenge said:
Found it today in Toronto on Yonge St, "used" for $19.00. ABC Books had 5 sterling copies of it, along with 5 copies of the hardcover KOTCS novelization sitting on their film shelf.
Fairly exciting. Classy book, too.

You lucky Canadians!

digitalfreaknyc

Bowie Fett said:
Nice! I hope it is released soon. I ordered the softcover, which will be released in a few days. I prefer the hardcover, however, I do not feel like waiting several months...

:gun:

Are they seriously waiting several months to release that? I'd rather not have to buy the book now if a hardcover is coming out.