My Indy costume... a work in progress

Drones33

doppelganger said:
You guys look great. Im getting tickets to the Exeter Comic con on June 25th and me and the missus will be in streets of cairo gear. Hopefully a few people will realise who we are supposed to be.......lol.
You must let us know how ComicCon goes in June, I'd be very interested to see if there's a stronger Indy presence by then with regards to the Indy 5 announcement. Be great to see some pics if your Streets of Cairo gear too(y)

Drones33

New Hat

Decided recently that I wanted a new fedora with the Raiders turn but wanted to shape it myself, so to that end I bought an open crowned Junior from Advintage, ( as Ive said before, great quality for less than £50,) and by following John Penman`s excellent tutorial on youtube this is the result. I`m quite happy with the pinch and bash, wish I`d given it a more obvious turn though.
jnr1_by_00177840-d9wn3dg.jpg

jnr3_by_00177840-d9wn3sq.jpg

jnr2_by_00177840-d9wn3mg.jpg

The direct sunlight is giving it a greenish look. Its the hat I wore for comic con and its actually a deep brown colour as can be seen in the pic above with Wife.

Looks really good and you cant beat that price. Reworked my SOC fed a bit and im much happier with it.

Hope to get lots of pics at Exeter Comic Con. I'll be sure to post some.

Drones33

Always been fond of the black and white promo shots for Raiders.Thought I`d have a go...

bw_by_00177840-da38xph.jpg

And heres the full length shot
bw_full_length_by_00177840-da38xnq.jpg

Drones33

Bought a Christys Adventurer. Learned an important lesson. When ordering from Christys go one size up. Gorgeous fedora. Too small though. I'll post a few pics anyway.

Last edited:

Drones33

Christy`s Adventurer

Really disappointed that this doesnt fit. I`d heard mixed opinion of the Christy`s Adventurer, and was pleasantly surprised by the overall quality of it. Christy`s sizing is rubbish though.
adventurer_1_1_by_00177840-da779iq.png

adventurer_3_1_by_00177840-da77b46.png

adventurer_2_1_by_00177840-da779rz.png

Glenville86

I have a Christys Adventurer and Advintage recommended to order a size up. Funny thing is it is slightly big but fit fine after a couple hat strips behind the band. I have noticed size variations in most production hats to include the Henry, Harrison, Adventurer, and Akubra.