Star Wars: The Force Awakens

deckard24

Well so much for a new movie, lol!

Even if a new film isn't happening, I'm sure with this big anniversary Lucas and Co. have something up their sleeves to annouce.

Rae-deemer

I would much rather him make a new Star Wars film taking place after Jedi.

There was a rumor some time ago that Harrison had been asked to reprise his role as Han Solo which he refused to do. That could mean that Lucas's intention was to do a film after Jedi and Have Han Solo make a small appearence in the film. I have always dreamed of a reunion with Harrison, Carrie, Mark, Billy Dee, etc. I can't even imagine how much money that would make if they did it.

Katarn07

Rae-deemer said:
I would much rather him make a new Star Wars film taking place after Jedi.

The problem with that is there is so many other stories already taking place then. Just like with Indy books, people may not be familiar with them. But many people are familiar with them. You can't just go throwing those stories out and have George say "They're my stories and characters, I can do whatever I want with them." I guess you could, but I wouldn't support that. Boba's origin in the prequels is something that's bugged me since he had a much better origin story told in the books.

I'd love to see some animated (CGI or traditional animation; none of that Dexter's Lab crap they used with the Clone Wars though) adaptations of the books. That'd be cool.

deckard24

Rae-deemer, that's another good idea!
I had thought of it for a split second when I read the article on aintitcool but I dismissed it because of Ford's, Fisher's, Hamill's, and William's age now. The movie would have to take place many years after Jedi, and I just don't know if Hamill could pull off a convincing Jedi these days! I have no doubt Ford would still kick ass as Solo, and Billy Dee would be as smooth as Colt 45 as he always is, but Fisher seems too removed from Hollywood and acting in general to want to take up the role again. Hamill would be my biggest concern, he's so different now from the Mark Hamill of 1977-1983. Yeah of course he's aged, but he just doesn't seem like he'd be able to pull it off. The movie would revolve around his character as the only remaining Jedi, and with audiences used to the super fast paced acrobatic fighting style of the prequels, I just don't think Hamill could do it.

Gear

For the love of Christ... Is there any origanality left in the world? I've said this before but I'll say it again. We dont need to know eveything about charictors such as Indy or those in Star Wars. Too much comercialization kills the magick. The magick of the origanal Star Wars series is almost lost for me and guess why...

IndySeven

I highly doubt that another Star Wars movie will be made. George Lucas said that they'll be no more, and he's usually right with what he says. If there ever is another Star Wars film, it will probably take place in the Expanded Universe, after Return of the Jedi.

Moedred

Administrator
Staff member
http://iesb.net/index.php?option=com_content&id=10291
IESB has been told fans can expect the new trilogy after the entire saga is released in 3D which is expected to be complete around 2015 or 2016.
Uncle George's modus operandi has not changed, the plan is that he will self finance the new trilogy after he rakes in an expected $500 - $750 million dollars with the re-release of the entire Star Wars Saga in 3D and on Blu-Ray.
The ideal plan, according to our spy at Skywalker Ranch, is to be able to release a new Star Wars film within 24 months after the release of the last re-re-release (is that right?) of Return of the Jedi 3D.
Too early for story details but one thing that our source is certain about, they will not be prequels but instead sequels. It's not for certain if they will be the long awaited Episodes 7, 8 and 9 but could instead be Episodes 10, 11 and 12 or possibly even further out in the Star Wars timeline. And by giving space in the timeline, possibly even as far as 100 years or 1,000 years in the Star Wars universe future, Lucas avoids having to make these stories "fit in" with what the previous stories have told.
According to our sources, the most likely scenario for the films is that they will exist in the same universe but will not have anything to do with the Skywalker Clan. That story has been told, that starship has sailed.
More good news, Carrie Fisher promises to stay clean this time!
A long time ago, in a nostril far far away, I ventured outside the perimeters of the appropriate by inhaling a substance that would render me less than professional by abusing the privilege of playing the powerful space princess that I had been given.
If you run into Mister Lucas, Please tell him how sorry I am that this ever happened, that I’ve admitted to its occurring & I promise not to do it again should he decide to do another sequel starring a geriatric Mr & Mrs. Han Solo, on the shopping planet- having pedicures & trying on nightgowns from deep space.

Last edited:

Montana Smith

Goonie said:
When are we gonna get the Star Wars Holiday Special in 3D? :whip:

From the bits of it I've seen, I thought it was scary enough in 2D!

Been waiting for Star Wars 7, 8 & 9 for a long time. Not sure I trust uncle George to do them the way I'd like to see them, though.

AgentBelloq

I think if Geaorge Lucas made another SW film it would either be an episode 7 or something inbetween the trilogy's if you like.

Since they are bringing out SW in 3-D which is the norm nowadays with most films, it may happen afterwards.

To be honest after seeing Episodes 1-3 and how disappointed I was with them I would hope that the next one they do would be better.

YouNeverKnow

Once upon a time I really wanted to see 7, 8, and 9 and have them be set a generation after 6, like the prequels were to the sequels. But boy, if we're already afraid of Indy not being made, 2015 seems too long for Mr. Ford.

However, I think abandoning established characters would be a bad idea. I don't want to see a new SW trilogy that does not acknowledge the stories from the originals, then what is the point? Why not include the Solo kids, or Ben Skywalker? Or if they don't go that route, at least mention the Skywalkers and Solos as celebrities the way the EU does.

In the end, I'm kind of hoping this doesn't happen. I'll have to search my feelings about an entirely new trilogy with no ties to the previous 2 other than existing in the same space.

Indy Scout 117

TombReader said:
It will never happen.
i agree. i hope it wont either. it was dumb to make the clone wars movie anyway, and i like the clone wars era stories.

on that note i just want to say the clone wars tv series SUCKS!!!!! :mad: there is nothing accurate about the storyline in comparison to the rest of the star wars universe. for example the Mandalorians (death watch?? i never understood...:( ) in clone wars...WHAT?!!?!? to quote Commando Scorch from Republic Commando (the game): "Its discraceful..." sure the clones in the tv series are awesome looking and kick ass but the rest of the series is just terrible.

Gear

I could see a new Star Wars trilogy treading new grounds. . .

STAR WARS

EPISODE UMPTEENTH

A SOAP ON A ROPE

Montana Smith

This is how I imagine Star Wars:

1280955247766.jpg

This is probably how Lucas imagaines it now:

1269908147407.jpg

kongisking

That pic of Vader with the bounty hunters looks so badass, while the one of Vader and the tyke is oddly touching, in some creepy way.

Montana Smith

kongisking said:
That pic of Vader with the bounty hunters looks so badass, while the one of Vader and the tyke is oddly touching, in some creepy way.

Saying that reminded me of an image of Vader from one of the early comics. I think it was a full page picture of him standing in a flowery bower, or something. I should have it on disc.