Star Wars Insider # 99 (UK)

BrodyIsDead

http://www.theraider.net/news/fullstory_merchandise.php?id=434

from that link from Mitchell, I read there's supposed to be an Indy Vault about the Temple of Doom in the new issue of SW:Insider but just picked my copy of it up here in the UK today and it's nowhere to be seen? :mad:

Anyone know any reason why they might omit it for the UK audience?! Annoying cos that's all I really buy it for each month... (n)

Which page is it on in the US version, I wonder? (It IS the issue with Bobba Fett on the cover, right?) :confused:

-----------------------------------------------

Less confusing mysteries can be read about at:

http://www.findthemissingreel.com

BrodyIsDead

Adamwankenobi said:
Just got my issue in the mail yesterday. There's also an interview with Sean Patrick Flanery on YIJC. (y)

Cool - but can you tell me which page the YIJ interview is on and also the page number for the Temple of Doom Indy Vault?! :p

Just want to check my UK copy...

Thanks! :cool:

---------------------------------------

confusions abound at:

http://www.findthemissingreel.com

BrodyIsDead

Emailed Titan and they told me that they dropped the Indy stuff from the March 2008 Insider UK edition because of space constraints... :(

Oh, well... Maybe they'll appear elsewhere later...

Just wanted to finish off this thread since I started the whole query!

:whip:

------------------------------

Collective questions and queries can be found at:

http://findthemissingreel.com

Violet

Moderator Emeritus
Why don't they have an Indy magazine? I mean, there's two Star Wars magazines (SW:Insider and SW) and Indy gets the shaft. Once in a while, there'll be an archive or a short news page, which reports news on KOTCS like months after the OS. I suppose they don't coz there isn't enough fans, but couldn't they just have a "Lucasfilm" magazine, balance it out and that's that?

No Ticket

Violet Indy said:
Why don't they have an Indy magazine? I mean, there's two Star Wars magazines (SW:Insider and SW) and Indy gets the shaft. Once in a while, there'll be an archive or a short news page, which reports news on KOTCS like months after the OS. I suppose they don't coz there isn't enough fans, but couldn't they just have a "Lucasfilm" magazine, balance it out and that's that?

If they had an Indy magazine, just what exactly would be in it? There's tons of Star Wars merchandise, an animated series, a live-action series coming up, the short clone wars... the 80s cartoons... the films themselves, all six of them, not to mention a crapload of EU literature: comic books, novels, behind the scenes books... conventions held every year and celebrations every few years.

Shall I also mention that there are probably more Star Wars fans worldwide than Indiana Jones fans? And yes, there is a TON of Star Wars video games in the past and surely to be in the future as well.

I mean, there's tons of topics to talk about and report about surrounding Star Wars. There just isn't thta much to say about Indiana Jones. The franchsie has pretty much been stagnant for years up until now. Minus a few cool video games and novels (of which there still isn't as many as SW).

That's why the Star Wars magazines occassionally mention Indiana Jones... but it doesn't have it's own magazine.

That's just the truth. Star Wars' website has been consistently reporting on KOTCS news though, so I mean, what's the big deal?

eazybox

Back in the late 80's and early 90's, when it was still called the Lucasfilm Fan Club Magazine, the Insider was amost exclusively about Indy. This , of course, was during the time of LC & YIJC.

Not long after Young Indy fizzled, though, they reverted to Star Wars again. Hopefully their coverage of KOTCS will increase as we get closer to the release date.

If the merchandising campaign is as successful as they're obviously planning it to be-- and especially if more movies are in the works-- Indy may yet see his own official fan magazine, IMO.

Jack

Indy's Fist

No Ticket said:
If they had an Indy magazine, just what exactly would be in it? There's tons of Star Wars merchandise, an animated series, a live-action series coming up, the short clone wars... the 80s cartoons... the films themselves, all six of them, not to mention a crapload of EU literature: comic books, novels, behind the scenes books... conventions held every year and celebrations every few years.

Shall I also mention that there are probably more Star Wars fans worldwide than Indiana Jones fans? And yes, there is a TON of Star Wars video games in the past and surely to be in the future as well.

I mean, there's tons of topics to talk about and report about surrounding Star Wars. There just isn't thta much to say about Indiana Jones. The franchsie has pretty much been stagnant for years up until now. Minus a few cool video games and novels (of which there still isn't as many as SW).

That's why the Star Wars magazines occassionally mention Indiana Jones... but it doesn't have it's own magazine.

That's just the truth. Star Wars' website has been consistently reporting on KOTCS news though, so I mean, what's the big deal?

The big deal is that the substandard SW franchise has overshadowed the far superior world of Indy Jones for too long. Indy has 3 (4) movies, a TV series and several video games along with toys and games. The revolution is on! Join the rebellion against the Evil Galactic Empire known as Star Wars & support a real hero like Indiana Jones!

Indy fan 235

eazybox said:
Back in the late 80's and early 90's, when it was still called the Lucasfilm Fan Club Magazine, the Insider was amost exclusively about Indy. This , of course, was during the time of LC & YIJC.

Not long after Young Indy fizzled, though, they reverted to Star Wars again. Hopefully their coverage of KOTCS will increase as we get closer to the release date.

If the merchandising campaign is as successful as they're obviously planning it to be-- and especially if more movies are in the works-- Indy may yet see his own official fan magazine, IMO.

Jack

Those were good times. The Lucasfilm Fan Club Magazine had excellent Indy coverage as well as merchandise to buy. They really catered to all Lucas films, not just Star Wars. I remember issues being about Willow, Tucker, even the short lived Maniac Mansion show. Indy and characters from that universe would even be on the covers.

Maybe as time gets closer to the film they will begin to put more Indy coverage in the Insider magazine. I hope so at least.

Moedred

Administrator
Staff member
Here you go. And is that a clue? Something in red Tupperware?

116848_800.jpg