Geoglyphs: Percy Fawcett and the Lost "City of Z"

time-raider

I was reading recently about "Lost Cities and Continents". One of the stories that caught my eye was about the British explorer Percy Fawcett and the "Lost City of Z". The story I read explained how Fawcett kept extensive journals explaining where he was, where he was going, and where he had been. I thought that, one day, it might be cool if I could retrace Fawcett's steps and maybe find the lost explorer. And maybe the "City of Z" while I was at it. :D

Well today I found something that could make it a whole lot easier. Not to mention that it opens a whole new chapter on geoglyphs and the Nazca Lines. (y)

http://www.nytimes.com/2012/01/15/world/americas/land-carvings-attest-to-amazons-lost-world.html?pagewanted=1&_r=1&partner=rss&emc=rss

Cool huh!! :D

otto rahn

Thinking about it, perhaps we have something here that Indy could go after in a future adventure. What might Fawcett have found in the lost city ? What happened to Fawcett ? Why couldn't Indy be out to rescue a person rather than find an artifact ?

Stoo

otto rahn said:
Thinking about it, perhaps we have something here that Indy could go after in a future adventure. What might Fawcett have found in the lost city ? What happened to Fawcett ? Why couldn't Indy be out to rescue a person rather than find an artifact ?
Welcome back, Otto!:hat: Indy has already done all of that in 1926, which includes finding Fawcett (in the novel, "Indiana Jones and the Seven Veils").;)

Fawcett was also part of a planned episode of the Young Indy TV show, taking place in 1921 Brazil, but that episode was never made, unfortunately.:(

otto rahn

Stoo said:
Welcome back, Otto!:hat: Indy has already done all of that in 1926, which includes finding Fawcett (in the novel, "Indiana Jones and the Seven Veils").;)

Fawcett was also part of a planned episode of the Young Indy TV show, taking place in 1921 Brazil, but that episode was never made, unfortunately.:(
Okay. Pity they didn't do it as a T V episode. I think that Indy looking for a person (a real person like Fawcett or Amelia Earhardt might work best, but they could always make one up)might make a good basis for a movie.