George Lucas

Moedred

Administrator
Staff member
That looks like an oval Disneyland name tag, probably for the Captain EO grand opening in September 1986. The clean cut professor, waiting on the first Indy grail draft...

Attila the Professor

Staff member
Moedred said:
That looks like an oval Disneyland name tag, probably for the Captain EO grand opening in September 1986. The clean cut professor, waiting on the first Indy grail draft...

I concur. The little image on the tag looks like the Mickey with arms outstretched that usually appears on the tags.

George Lucas Mourns His "Mentor," Empire's Irvin Kershner

"The world has lost a great director and one of the most genuine people I've had the pleasure of knowing. Irvin Kershner was a true gentleman in every sense of the word."

"I knew him from USC?I attended his lectures and he was on the festival panel that gave the prize to my THX short. I considered him a mentor."

"Following Star Wars, I knew one thing for sure: I didn't want to direct the second movie myself," I needed someone I could trust, someone I really admired and whose work had maturity and humor. That was Kersh all over.

kongisking said:
You have got to be kidding me.

But if he can bring back Humphrey Bogart and Robert Armstrong, then hell, I'm cool with it, I guess...:cool:
Did you mean Louis Armstrong?

Sorry to put you through Elton John though...

<object width="480" height="385"><param name="movie" value="http://www.youtube.com/v/6P6EuhSNbGk?fs=1&hl=en_US"></param><param name="allowFullScreen" value="true"></param><param name="allowscriptaccess" value="always"></param><embed src="http://www.youtube.com/v/6P6EuhSNbGk?fs=1&hl=en_US" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" allowscriptaccess="always" allowfullscreen="true" width="480" height="385"></embed></object>

Should get him to work on the Wishful Drinking HBO special, that Hutt masquerading as Carrie Fischer is tough to watch...

...Ho Ho Ho!

Stoo

Rocket Surgeon said:
"I knew him from USC?I attended his lectures and he was on the festival panel that gave the prize to my THX short. I considered him a mentor."
George's student version of "THX 1138" is indeed marvelous.
kongisking said:
You have got to be kidding me.
Hey, it's been done with Hitler.
Rocket Surgeon said:
Did you mean Louis Armstrong?
I think kongisking does mean Robert Armstrong from "King Kong", "Son of Kong", "The Most Dangerous Game", etc.

Apart from Elton John, I've always liked that Diet Coke commercial though.:)

Maybe Lucas can cement Jar Jar's legacy by putting him at a dinner table with Charlie Chaplin, Stan and Olie, Bud and Lou, Spike Milligan, Bob Hope, Cantinflas, Groucho, Buster Keaton, Tommy Cooper...

Montana Smith

Rocket Surgeon said:
Maybe Lucas can cement Jar Jar's legacy by putting him at a dinner table with Charlie Chaplin, Stan and Olie, Bud and Lou, Spike Milligan, Bob Hope, Cantinflas, Groucho, Buster Keaton, Tommy Cooper...

Like putting him on a platter in the middle of the table with an apple in his mouth?

Montana Smith

Rocket Surgeon said:
Crunchy raw unboned real dead gungan...

Just make sure they're dead before you attempt to stuff them...

1270218053516.jpg

Another drop in the bucket...

Come on Indy V, Indy V come on...

Make that money back, bankroll Obama's reelection, come on!

A Marin County judge says filmmaker George Lucas' Lucasfilm Ltd. should pay $1.2 million in attorneys fees to the woman who won a pregnancy bias suit against the company.

In a tentative ruling issued on Thursday, Judge Lynn O'Malley Taylor said Julie Gilman Veronese's attorneys were entitled to much of the money they had demanded.

Taylor said they had spent hundreds of hours working on the case while knowing they might not be compensated.

Lucasfilm spokeswoman Lynne Hale tells the Marin Independent the company will appeal the ruling if it stands.

Read more: http://www.sfgate.com/cgi-bin/article.cgi?f=/n/a/2011/01/14/state/n065816S79.DTL#ixzz1B7JxVyaI

Montana Smith

George Lucas Predicts World Will End In 2012? Seriously

Erin La Rosa @ 11:05 pm, January 17th, 2011

Well, it seems that Seth Rogen decided to take a meeting, as the folks of Hollywood do, and Lucas joined along with his good pal, director Steven Spielberg, and then proceeded to explain that world is going to end come 2012?

Understandably, the star of The Green Hornet was a little stunned to hear this.

In an interview he recalled that, ?George Lucas sits down and seriously proceeds to talk for around 25 minutes about how he thinks the world is gonna end in the year 2012, like, for real. He thinks it.?

The 28-year-old continued by saying, ?He?s going on about the tectonic plates and all the time Spielberg is, like, rolling his eyes, like, ?My nerdy friend won?t shut up, I?m sorry???

So, what?s a guy to do when presented with the world?s demise? Inquire as to plans for survival of course!

?I first thought he (Lucas) was joking,? Rogen said. ?And then I totally realized he was serious and then I started thinking, ?If you?re George Lucas and you actually think the world is gonna end in a year, there?s no way you haven?t built a spaceship for yourself? So I asked him? ?Can I have a seat on it??

Lucas? answer: ?He claimed he didn?t have a spaceship, but there?s no doubt there?s a Millennium Falcon in a garage somewhere with a pilot just waiting to go,? Rogen joked. ?It?s gonna be him and Steven Spielberg and I?ll be blown up like the rest of us.?

http://www.ecorazzi.com/2011/01/17/george-lucas-predicts-world-will-end-in-2012-seriously/

Indy's brother

I'll be honest, I like watching these apocalypse shows on history channel and such. However. Recently I saw the episode of "Decoded" where they tackled this topic. I was fine until they wrapped up the show by showing how the Web Bot Data Gap kind of confirmed it. Seriously, that shook me up a little.

Recent ALTA and Web Bot reports have found a ??data gap? has been found between early 2012 running through May 2013. One explanation is that ?our civilization gets knocked back to a pre-electronic state,? such as brought about by devastating solar activity.?

This possible ?data gap? would be an artifact of the worst case scenario predicted by the January 2009 NAS report as to the devastation caused by a repetition of a Carrington-type event during the 2012-13 solar maximum.

Continue reading on Examiner.com: 2012: Cataclysmic breakdown or Y2K makeover? ET/UFO contact? DNA/Consciousness transformation? - Seattle exopolitics | Examiner.com http://www.examiner.com/exopolitics...na-consciousness-transformation#ixzz1BP9WfwEt

Montana Smith

kongisking said:
This is heavy. Wow, Lucas, you ARE bonkers! :eek:

Yeah, this pretty much confirms what I already expected!

Indy's brother said:
I'll be honest, I like watching these apocalypse shows on history channel and such. However. Recently I saw the episode of "Decoded" where they tackled this topic. I was fine until they wrapped up the show by showing how the Web Bot Data Gap kind of confirmed it. Seriously, that shook me up a little.

Sounds like a defintie case of a viral hoax.

But, since I'm trying out some smilies, we could always panic.

chicklil1.gif
chicklil1.gif
chicklil1.gif
chicklil1.gif

Moedred

Administrator
Staff member
The 2012 story comes from the notorious Contactmusic site.
Surely he would expect Obama to save the world somehow...
t_15.jpg