new Indy Answer from Hasbro

masterJ

Hey Indy_skin, have you decided which questions to send to hasbro tomorrow? I think the last crusade tank question and a question about if they will offer indy battle packs next year would be great questions!!!! :)
Think about the possibilities with battle packs.... Indy on the bridge, opening of the ark, the grail temple... I love this line!

Kind of a bummer that they danced around the torn shirt indy question. Though I am happy to hear they are thinking of deluxe next year, I just hope sales support the line. I know I will be buying the entire line!

Crayfish

I have a question. How come we have seen so very little of the Indiana Jones Titanium collection line? We have seen Hasbro in box photos for everything else but no carded titaniums. Are they going to be late?

Hey tnswman....saw Speed racer stuff here also.....and dare I say..I even bought the Speed Racer figure with Mach 5.....I know..I should be flogged.

I know that Speed racer stuff is showing up now but Mattel seems to be a little more leniant on letting stuff go before the release date....they understand that MONEY IS MONEY. I expect Hasbro to stick to their May 1st street date but would love for them to for once let the people have what they want whent hey want it. It might even get them back on a lot of people's good side.

inky_skin

Once again, thanks for your great suggestions. I've submitted the following to Hasbro today, and if they stick to the schedule this time, we should be getting answers by Thursday next week...

Q1. With the success of the Battle Pack format in the Star Wars line, can we expect to see something similar for Indy ? "Rope Bridge Showdown" containing Indy, the aforementioned rope bridge, Thuggee's and crocodiles would be neat ! You've already introduced the concept of multi-packs of army builders with the German Soldier 2-pack (and fans are loving you for it), so the recreation of specific scenes with some environment elements thrown in would certainly be well-received.

Q2. The figures in the Indy line all appear to have ball-jointed heads. The customising-orientated among us would like to know if the neck posts / ball and sockets are of similar dimensions so that quick swaps can be achieved (eg, Indy head on a German Soldier body = instant Indy in German Soldier Disguise / Cario Indy head on KotCS jacketless Indy body = super-articulated Cairo Indy) ?

For those of you whose questions didn't make the cut this time, I'll ensure they are included in future submissions. Just a word of caution - from previous experience, Hasbro's answers are usually quite abstract - you won't get confirmation of specific future products etc.

Billy Ray

Good questions inky, can't wait to read the answers.

I still would like to know the reasoning behind pairing Map Room Indy with the Ark in that deluxe set though:confused:

ChromiumBlue37

Billy Ray said:
Good questions inky, can't wait to read the answers.

I still would like to know the reasoning behind pairing Map Room Indy with the Ark in that deluxe set though:confused:

I SECOND that question, Brother!

ChromiumBlue37

Question about a possible Midnight Madness event for the Indy Toy Launch -

http://www.jedidefender.com/newspro/fullnews.cgi?newsid1206060291,41391,

3. OK, so now that we know there are plans in the works for "Midnight Madness" events for The Clone Wars toy launch in July, we?ve got to wonder about the man in the hat. Do you know if there are any "Midnight Madness" events in the works for your big Indy toy launch in May?

** There are no plans, as far as we know, for special Midnight Madness-type events for IJ. If you hear of any, let us know!

masterJ

Hey Indy_skin, I believe this friday is when the new batch of questions is due, am I correct? Thought this would be a good time to get some new questions going:

- What are the chances of you releasing the Tank from The Last Crusade? The scale could be done the same as the cargo truck so it should work in the same vehicle assortment.

- Will you be looking at the opening scene in the Temple of Doom? I think a Tux Indy, Lao Che and his sons and Willie in her performance outfit would be fantastic!

Arab Swordsman

masterJ said:
Hey Indy_skin, I believe this friday is when the new batch of questions is due, am I correct? Thought this would be a good time to get some new questions going:

- What are the chances of you releasing the Tank from The Last Crusade? The scale could be done the same as the cargo truck so it should work in the same vehicle assortment.

- Will you be looking at the opening scene in the Temple of Doom? I think a Tux Indy, Lao Che and his sons and Willie in her performance outfit would be fantastic!

I would love to know what other vehicles they have in mind like the tank and the flying wing.

inky_skin

masterJ - it's unlikely they'll answer questions about which specific characters are in the current undisclosed waves (ToD, LC) - but I'll certainly ask the vehicle question on behalf of you and Arab Swordsman.

masterJ

I actually intended the question to be in the future, not the upcoming TOD wave due in the fall. Just wanted to see if those characters are on their radar for future waves.

Crayfish

I have a question. Does Hasbro intend on handling the Indiana Jones toy release as poorly as the Iron Man toy release? They are both Hasbro brands. Will the toys be in ALL stores on May 1st or are is Hasbro going to allow Wal-Marts and Targets to handle it like this past weekend and stock stuff "if they want to".

Jesse James

Hasbro's "control" over whether a store puts out product or not is pretty much nothing... They're limited to setting "street dates" by contracts, but that's about as much of a rule as they can impose on retailers, and often that's backed up by the intellectual property's ownership... In the case of Star Wars or Indy it'd be LFL for instance.

It's really not up to Hasbro whether a store or retailer overall is willing to put the toys out. I'd complain (if I were to want to focus a complaint) to the retailer's district management, to focus disappointment in a toy's launch.

The lack of a Midnight Madness is a little disappointing but not unexpected really. No doubt some nightowls will be hitting their local Wal-Marts at midnight and hoping they're putting out their stuff!

inky_skin

3 3/4" Flying Wing under consideration !

Hasbro Q&A 04-04 http://www.theprivateuniverse.co.uk

3) We are indeed considering the Flying Wing for the vehicle line and are
looking at whether it can be done in our $19.99 assortment (if we did it,
it would be in '09 at the earliest). However, the Tank is just too big to
do in our $19.99 vehicle line. As we don't have another, higher priced
assortment in the IJ line, this one will have to be a "wait and see" based
on the response to the IJ line, and possibly tied to future movies if we
can't get it done for this one. The entire IJ line will have a shelf-date
of 5/1.

tnswman

Crayfish said:
I have a question. Does Hasbro intend on handling the Indiana Jones toy release as poorly as the Iron Man toy release? They are both Hasbro brands. Will the toys be in ALL stores on May 1st or are is Hasbro going to allow Wal-Marts and Targets to handle it like this past weekend and stock stuff "if they want to".

That is EXACTLY what wil lhappen.. You better start talking to your store managers NOW...I have already told my toy manager here that I DEMAND the product at midnight and the yare going to have someone there tocking it all. Of course, They also plan on putting it on the shelf as soon as it is in the register system too.